Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players Ruled Out for Sunday:

John Waylon

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Right now this team will be lucky to be 8-8. Way to many injuries and this is not the same team that can go on a 9 game run like last season.

I seriously think you need a vacation....

Or..

a Snickers.  It will be OKAY

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Right now this team will be lucky to be 8-8. Way to many injuries and this is not the same team that can go on a 9 game run like last season.

Ehh we'll be 2-3 presuming we lose to KC.  All of those players are on a timetable that should have them returning shortly.  They said Hooker was 4 to 6 weeks.  I believe after the bye week it will be at 4 weeks.  Leonard should not be out with a concussion for a month.  TY I would think would be healed up as well.  

There is then a stretch of pretty winnable games.  

Injuries cost us the Raiders game.  I don't think we would beat KC anyways.  But get some key players back after the bye week and avoid further issues and we could do well.  

Funchess could also return as well after Week 8 or 9.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We should just forfeit. Don’t take a chance of getting anymore guys hurt. BTW I am just joking. This is the same thing that happened in NE lady here. Except I think that was a Thursday night game on a short week.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the best game we've played all year from an offensive standpoint. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Ehh we'll be 2-3 presuming we lose to KC.  All of those players are on a timetable that should have them returning shortly.  They said Hooker was 4 to 6 weeks.  I believe after the bye week it will be at 4 weeks.  Leonard should not be out with a concussion for a month.  TY I would think would be healed up as well.  

Injuries cost us the Raiders game.  I don't think we would beat KC anyways.  But get some key players back after the bye week and avoid further issues and we could do well.  

I agree. As long as we win most of our division games and win games against teams like Miami, Carolina, and Denver we will be fine. We should sweep Tennessee and split with Houston and Jacks at worse.

• Like 1

Just now, csmopar said:

I'm gonna laugh if we pull off an upset win against KC, would be downright hilarious on numerous levels but especially for those giving up already. 

That would be something. Maybe Wilson turns out to be a stud safety. I think we are gong to see him a lot on Kelce.  The good thing it doesn’t look like rock will miss the game which helps. Otherwise we would be stuck with Milligan and Odum at safety. 

Cain needs to step up this week. If marlon doesn’t go that takes away the run game and forces us to throw. Who knows maybe JB puts in a career day he outplays Mahomes. Anything can happen I guess.

i assume Willis moves back to SS with Geathers out. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. As long as we win most of our division games and win games against teams like Miami, Carolina, and Denver we will be fine. We should sweep Tennessee and split with Houston and Jacks at worse.

Carolina as a great defense. Texans couldn’t even beat them with Kyle Allen not even putting up many points. Titans are getting lewan back this week which will help Mariota.

9 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

No terrible coaching and game planning cost us the raiders game.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yep. He was a player you could count on to be in the right spot. We also miss him on ST. Ballard has got to upgrade the safety position with better backups. Not rookies but some veterans.

Agreed, I always thought he was better than Geathers. 

2 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I think we will win. 

This is not a bold prediction, nor am I 'on something'.

Big Q is going to wreak havoc and Houston will play like a demon and smack Mahomes around all night.

I said before we would get killed.  However, I really want us to win this one,and I hope you are right.  I think it will be a true testament to our coach and team if we pull out a W.  Go Colts!!

9 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Agreed, I always thought he was better than Geathers. 

He should of been kept instead of Odum. We will see how Odum and Willis do but I have no expectations.

Everything that could go wrong this season has gone wrong. Retired, QB, injuries. Vinny missing kicks, dropped balls. Why are the colts so snake bitten with safety and WR injuries.

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

I get really mad when some of you give up on a game. Stop saying we’re going to lose. We have a chance each game 

It's okay if we give up on a game that we're not playing in. It's fine. We're just fans.

I'm sure the players will play their hardest, and that's what we expect. Neither our die-hard fandom, or our giving up, will have any bearing on Sunday's game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I think we will win. 

This is not a bold prediction, nor am I 'on something'.

Big Q is going to wreak havoc and Houston will play like a demon and smack Mahomes around all night.

Yeah I have us winning 31-30. I guess you and I should start a thread together as the only 2 guys on planet earth that thinks we will win.

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Concerning for Leonard. Really hope he gets better and doesn't sufer any long lasting effects from this one.

As for Campbell...if he had a procedure you'd think he could be out for a few weeks.

I am definitely concerned about Leonard, hopefully after the bye he is good to go.

1 hour ago, VaAllDay757 said:

What is he having trouble with? I'm not understanding...I thought you couldn't practice until you pass protocol?

I read Josh Allen (Buffalo QB) was throwing yesterday, but cannot have contact until his passes protocol.  @Superman hit it on the head, the end process of the protocol is being able to practice w/o showing symptoms.... I'm kind of curious to know what kinda symptoms Leonard is still showing that are keeping him out, but if he needs to be kept out it's definitely in his best interest later in life.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

KC is going to score 40 by halftime and Mahomes will be on the bench by the second half. We might not even have 53 players to dress. Season is going down the toilet fast. We need to sign another WR.

Colts should just forfeit the game. Lol

We'll have to play similar to how we played 2 weeks ago and sustain long drives which result in scoring early and often.  Our best chance is just to keep the ball away from Mahommes as much as possible, and with TY back in the line-up, we should have a shot at doing OK there.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

We need to fire our medical staff. Also seems the turf at Lucas oil is bad for the players. Colts continue to be the most injured team every year.

Wilson missed a month last year with one. I don’t think there is any reason to think that just yet.

Medical staff has very little to do with concussions and concussion recovery.  They aren't something you can prevent with strength and conditioning and time and rest are really the only things that allow them to recover.  The med staff should probably be praised for reporting a failed test for Leonard as he'd be put at more risk going out and playing if he wasn't 100% (I don't know how often it happens any more, but I know in the past a lot of coaches would pressure med staffs to clear players from concussions to allow them to get back on the field).

52 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Yea, this would be a much different tune if we were 3-1 or 4-0 going into this game (which we very well could be).  That said, everyone in our division is 2-2 and we're undefeated against our division opponents so far... we need to win our divisional games or at least go 4-2 in them, and we need to win the games we're supposed to win (Denver, Miami, etc.) and we'll probably be in pretty good shape in the AFC South at 9-7/10-6.

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The nice thing is after this weekend 3 of our 4 most difficult non-divisional games are over.  We'll have LAC, ATL and KC out of the way and then we have Miami, Denver, Pittsburgh (who hasn't really looked good w/o Big Ben), Tampa Bay (let's hope their win over the Rams was a fluke, as they looked awful before then), Carolina (very beatable) and New Orleans (the only game I don't think we should be expected to win).  

The rest of the AFC South still have these non-divisional games (which, IMO are more difficult than our remaining schedule):

Texans:  ATL, KC, Baltimore, OAK, Pats, Bucs, Broncos (they've got 4 very good teams left in ATL, KC, BALT, NE whereas we've got KC and NO as the really good teams)

Titans:  BUFF, DEN, LAC, TB, CAR, KC, OAK (they've got 3 very good teams left)

Jags: CAR, NO, Cincy, NYJ, TB, LAC, OAK, TB, ATL (again 3 very good teams left)

I think our team could be in better position, but we're certainly still in the hunt for the AFC South and (IMO) have the easiest remaining schedule within our division.  Plus, we should be getting Hooker back soon, Mack back after the bye, Leonard back after the bye, Funchess back after the bye, Geathers back after the bye, etc. etc... and our young guys will have gotten some critical experience and should only improve week to week.

• Thanks 1