Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich presser

13 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Nah.  The gimmick's in your head.  It was projected in Hooker's profile that he could get dinged up a lot.  Missing one, two, or three games is fine.  Missing half a season isn't.

And its even more fine if Mahomes doesn't do a lot more with the deep ball with Wilson back there than Hooker, so we'd have a nice sub if our fine starting FS misses a few more games each season for as long as they are here together. 

Its smart to see what Wilson can do.  I'm glad he gets the opportunity.  

Hooker is only "fine" in your head.   Every professional scouting service puts him as an elite player.     

I know it's tough for you to accept.   But he was injured,   even though you claimed he was fine.     Sad

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

What does that have to do with Luck throwing three picks and then everyone calling him a hero because he came back.

You might as well let it go. They aren't a fan of Jacoby and probably never will be. You're just wasting energy going back and forth. Just a crack a cold one on gameday like me and enjoy Colt football.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Hooker is only "fine" in your head.   Every professional scouting service puts him as an elite player.     

I know it's tough for you to accept.   But he was injured,   even though you claimed he was fine.     Sad

They do?  I thought he was no better ranked than the 12th best S last year, by at least one professional scouting service

So what if many people say he's elite.   Yet it bother's you if one person says he's just fine and not elite? 

As I said the other day.  Its fine if he misses one, two, three, or zero games. That possibility was baked into his scouting reports. 

Hopefully Wilson will step up and help the cause by playing better at FS than he has at CB.  After all, being projected as a FS was also in his scouting reports about 4 years ago.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

And if true, that bothers you why?

It's annoying when people think they know better than the professionals (in this case, you thinking you know better than Ballard) when it comes to who should have been drafted or signed, but they don't give a realistic solution to what they see as the problem.

Like the people that wanted Vinny gone but didn't even know what kickers were available to replace him.  It's just pointless complaining.

Provide a realistic alternative.  If you're so smart, tell us EXACTLY who should have been drafted or signed the last few years, and what the starting lineup should be for the Colts.  (Not just your generic response of 'there were probably better options' either, that's played out)

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

You need to comment on it why?

Why do you comment on anything on this forum?

What's that?  You want to give your opinion, but don't want others to give their opinion of your opinion?

:lol:

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Contempt?  Attack? LOL.  How dramatic.

I actually said to try Wilson at S a long time ago.  He's a high 2nd round pick who was struggling to get PT at CB so why not find a way to help the high investment stay on the team or the NFL, which being off the team seems like a real possibility.

Maybe there wasn't ever a real opportunity, even with the starting FS gone for the year.  But sometimes it makes sense to not play the very best players available just to win the next game when there are bigger issues like seeing a return on an investment.  I can't see where having guys like Farley or Mitchell play all the time was very advantageous to help build a roster.

If Pagano made that call to play the players who would best win the next game just to help him keep his job, Ballard should have done the smart thing and told his HC who should be in the starting lineup.  Meddling in the starting lineup may have been the smart move for a GM, as it sometimes is.  LOL.

Dramatic?

Ddi you happen to notice that when you took the bait, hook, line and sinker about the acrobatic Hooker interception in Game 1,  all the other posters commented that they thought of you.    And sure enough you jumped right on it to try and refute it anyway you could.

You were getting eaten alive,  and guess what?     I wasn't even in the thread.    I had not posted at all.    I didn't stir up a thing.    I had said absolutely......   nothing.     But your reputation here preceeds you.

Right around the same time,  over the on the draft page,  where few are active right now,  you took another shot at Ballard draftig Nelson 6th.    The only reason that didn't blow up badly for you is that there are so few posters that are posting there right now.    But I don't see you denying that you did it.

As for Wilson....   why do you AGAIN think you know more than this front office and coaching staff?     But they're so good,  I don't worry whey they did or didn't do something.    I am confident that it was considered and it wasn't done for a reason.   As I often to say to posters here....   just because we don't know the reason why something was done, or wasn't done,  doesn't mean there isn't a good reason.

Wilson was a MID-second round pick...   46th overall...   14th in the 2nd round.   Wilson was the youngest player in the 2017 draft.   The youngest.    In fact, when Rock Ya-Sin was drafted this year,  it was noted that Wilson, now in his 3rd year,  was STILL younger than Rock who is a rookie!   Quincy was young and immature.   Maybe they didn't try to move him around because they didn't want to overwhelm him his first year.    What I do know is that he was in no danger of being cut or traded as you (again) falsely stated....    I don't know where you get this stuff?

You're trying too hard.   You're trying to pound square pegs into round holes to claim you were right.    So far,  you're oh-for-3.     Again,  this ia bad look for you,  whether you think I'm being dramatic or not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

Contempt?  Attack? LOL.  How dramatic.

I actually said to try Wilson at S a long time ago.  He's a high 2nd round pick who was struggling to get PT at CB so why not find a way to help the high investment stay on the team or the NFL, which being off the team seems like a real possibility.

Maybe there wasn't ever a real opportunity, even with the starting FS gone for the year.  But sometimes it makes sense to not play the very best players available just to win the next game when there are bigger issues like seeing a return on an investment.  I can't see where having guys like Farley or Mitchell play all the time was very advantageous to help build a roster.

If Pagano made that call to play the players who would best win the next game just to help him keep his job, Ballard should have done the smart thing and told his HC who should be in the starting lineup.  Meddling in the starting lineup may have been the smart move for a GM, as it sometimes is.  LOL.

Don't you know it's a sin to suggest something new, or question anything the coaches or GM do. You should be excommunicated immediately, and your fan boy sunshine pump card revoked.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Dramatic?

Ddi you happen to notice that when you took the bait, hook, line and sinker about the acrobatic Hooker interception in Game 1,  all the other posters commented that they thought of you.    And sure enough you jumped right on it to try and refute it anyway you could.

You were getting eaten alive,  and guess what?     I wasn't even in the thread.    I had not posted at all.    I didn't stir up a thing.    I had said absolutely......   nothing.     But your reputation here preceeds you.

Right around the same time,  over the on the draft page,  where few are active right now,  you took another shot at Ballard draftig Nelson 6th.    The only reason that didn't blow up badly for you is that there are so few posters that are posting there right now.    But I don't see you denying that you did it.

As for Wilson....   why do you AGAIN think you know more than this front office and coaching staff?     But they're so good,  I don't worry whey they did or didn't do something.    I am confident that it was considered and it wasn't done for a reason.   As I often to say to posters here....   just because we don't know the reason why something was done, or wasn't done,  doesn't mean there isn't a good reason.

Wilson was a MID-second round pick...   46th overall...   14th in the 2nd round.   Wilson was the youngest player in the 2017 draft.   The youngest.    In fact, when Rock Ya-Sin was drafted this year,  it was noted that Wilson, now in his 3rd year,  was STILL younger than Rock who is a rookie!   Quincy was young and immature.   Maybe they didn't try to move him around because they didn't want to overwhelm him his first year.    What I do know is that he was in no danger of being cut or traded as you (again) falsely stated....    I don't know where you get this stuff?

You're trying too hard.   You're trying to pound square pegs into round holes to claim you were right.    So far,  you're oh-for-3.     Again,  this ia bad look for you,  whether you think I'm being dramatic or not.

This thread bored me so much I fell asleep last night.   Keep having the same conversation with the same people who start the same conversations with me. 

IIRC, to recap, I basically said that I'm looking forward to seeing Wilson being tried at FS after having struggled for many seasons at CB, and wish the Colts could have found a way to do it sooner.  And I think I expressed that I mentioned it several seasons ago, and sporatically since then in the various threads started by others to dog on Wilson, because I read several scouting reports suggesting that he has traits consistent with a successful FS.

I haven't bothered to read your longwinded thread above, but does it explain precisely why you have a problem with me expressing that thought in this thread where the HC mentions Wilson playing FS?

I vaguely remember you mentioning Nelson too last night, but I've lost the motivation to try to figure out why you mentioned him.

12 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

The less Quincy Wilson is on the field, the better. 

You're probably right, but I'd rather see him at S than CB. The kid had skillz at FL, but I think relied more on strength than anything else. Never thought he'd be a good CB, but did think he'd be a better S. I thought they might move him to S immediately when drafted, but never happened (till now).