6. Jake Fromm

7. Jalen Hurts

--------need to watch more of them/day 3 flyers----

8. Kyle Trask, Florida

9. Jamie Newman, Wake Forest

10. Tyler Huntley, Utah

11. K.J. Costello, Stanford

12. Nate Stanley, Iowa

Our list is exact on the first 7 except I'd switch Fromm and Hurts. Targeting Herbert and Love right now for us.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2019 at 12:10 PM, stitches said:

My current tiered list: 

--------sell the farm for him tier----------------------------

1. Joe Burrow

--------make a reasonable trade up for him tier-----

2. Justin Herbert

3. Tua Tagovailoa

--------take him with one of our first 2 picks tier---

4. Jordan Love

5. Jacob Eason

--------day 2 QBs tier --------------------------------------------

6. Jake Fromm

7. Jalen Hurts

--------need to watch more of them/day 3 flyers----

8. Kyle Trask, Florida

9. Jamie Newman, Wake Forest

10. Tyler Huntley, Utah

11. K.J. Costello, Stanford

12. Nate Stanley, Iowa

Ill sell this years 1st Redskins 2ND our 2nd and our 3rd plus quincy and Walker for Burrow. The kid is incredible and unlike any other QB i've witnessed coming out of college

1 minute ago, twfish said:

Ill sell this years 1st Redskins 2ND our 2nd and our 3rd plus quincy and Walker for Burrow. The kid is incredible and unlike any other QB i've witnessed coming out of college

That's not quite selling the farm IMO. Selling the farm would need to include another future 1st and maybe more. Think about it. The Jets gave us 3 x 2nd round picks in order to move from 6 to 3. You are practically offering less in this scenario to move from 15-20 to no. 1? or no.2? 3? 

So yeah... when I say sell the farm I really mean it... I mean... lets say we finish with the 18th pick... if we have to trade up to top 3 to get Burrow, you probably need to do something like:

top 3 pick 

for 

2020 #18 pick

2020 WAS 2nd round pick

2020 3d round pick

2021 1st round pick

2021 3d round pick

maybe more? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, stitches said:

That's not quite selling the farm IMO. Selling the farm would need to include another future 1st and maybe more. Think about it. The Jets gave us 3 x 2nd round picks in order to move from 6 to 3. You are practically offering less in this scenario to move from 15-20 to no. 1? or no.2? 3? 

So yeah... when I say sell the farm I really mean it... I mean... lets say we finish with the 18th pick... if we have to trade up to top 3 to get Burrow, you probably need to do something like:

top 3 pick 

for 

2020 #18 pick

2020 WAS 2nd round pick

2020 3d round pick

2021 1st round pick

2021 3d round pick

maybe more? 

We did fleece the jets, then we get to the Redskins trade and we took two 2nd round picks, one that year and a future, in exchange for a first which i feel like we could have done better with. I did see you took the base line of the Rams trade for golf as a guideline. I was hoping a trade of a solid contributor might save us a pick. We would likely have to give up a future first but i would trade away more picks this year to instead trade next years 2nd. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stitches said:

top 3 pick 

for 

2020 #18 pick

2020 WAS 2nd round pick

2020 3d round pick

2021 1st round pick

2021 3d round pick

maybe more? 

I figured out the maybe more, we could further entice the trade by including the rights of a retired Andrew Luck. It's a joke but at the same time there has been a trend of retired players coming back so what would that be worth to a team if anything

25 minutes ago, twfish said:

I figured out the maybe more, we could further entice the trade by including the rights of a retired Andrew Luck. It's a joke but at the same time there has been a trend of retired players coming back so what would that be worth to a team if anything

I wouldn't do that. I'm keeping Luck's rights and if he ever returns and wants to be traded there will be a hell of a package waiting. Teams will give multiple firsts for him. I would keep that ace in the pocket. 

Look at this throw:

Almost every game there are similar throws by Love. If Reich can rein him in a bit and focus his talent in a good direction, IMO he can be a special player. 

Go look at that twitter thread, it's littered with tons of special NFL type throws and with a ton of drops from his receivers. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Look at this throw:

Almost every game there are similar throws by Love. If Reich can rein him in a bit and focus his talent in a good direction, IMO he can be a special player. 

Go look at that twitter thread, it's littered with tons of special NFL type throws and with a ton of drops from his receivers. 

The second throw was very impressive, the first video the ball looks a little underthrown but a great play by the WR. I am excited to review all his film at the end of the season.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 3:39 PM, stitches said:

top 3 pick 

for 

2020 #18 pick

2020 WAS 2nd round pick

2020 3d round pick

2021 1st round pick

2021 3d round pick

maybe more? 

No way are we in a position to spend that much draft capital on one player. Would love to get Love (no pun intended) late 1st and keep the draft capital. Need DL and WR in second and TE in 3rd.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that Fromm is the guy I want.

Not a guy we would have to sell the farm for or even likely trade up for.  Seems like the safest QB pick in the draft.  Beat out not one but 2 five star QB recruits for the Georgia job.  (Easton & Fields), that alone is impressive and speaks to his competitiveness.   

Smart guy who can stand in the pocket and deliver the ball in Frank Reich's offense.  

Burrow and Tua look good and I could easily get behind them but we'd have to probably trade away a bunch of picks to get there.  

Love I just can't get behind.  I like his potential but it feels like a lot of QB's with major flaws have those flaws ignored and are drafted in the first round based on potential, but more often than not they bust.  And I just can't ignore that Love's fatal flaw seems to be that he doesn't know how to take care of the football.  And I just have a hard time believing that if you havn't learned that by now a year as an NFL backup is going to teach you that.  The risk is not worth taking because by the time we realize the mistake admit to it and draft a new guy our "window" could be over.  Therefore you want to take the lowest risk guy not the highest risk guy.  

• Like 1