Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign DT Trevon Coley


Steamboat_Shaun
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

Sounds like he was let go more so then traded based on the tweet. 

 

 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

My guess he was released. Not sure we would get anything in a trade. Wonder who takes the roster spot though.

 

Apparently he's the corresponding release for the Coley signing.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Way to go CB! If the guy can just stay in his gap assignment, he’s 100% better than what we have now. Thank you for taking action. Hunts 21 snaps can be dropped to 10 or less. Happy we brought Johnson back to at WR. Keep looking, the under-performing players have to step up or be sent packing. Eberflus should be given a performance counseling slip too, pathetic showing the last 6 quarters on D. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

At least they are trying. Not sure they will find someone to make a difference this late. This has to be addressed in the draft. Ballard just totally ignored it this year.

 

Sorry Chloe, just noticed that when I merged our 2 threads & kept yours, for some reason it's saying that I'm the creator of this thread now, & it won't allow me to edit the author.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This guy has a lot of starts already. Wonder how he ended up on a practice squad.

I believe there is an accrued active games played rule and time in the league. i forget what they are off top of my head though

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like Ward, thought he played great last season before being injured and wanted him getting more snaps. Maybe he never fully recovered from it and wasnt healthy. Maybe they are still mad about the medicine ball incident....

 

https://www.12up.com/posts/6324761-video-colts-dl-jihad-ward-puts-hole-in-wall-with-medicine-ball-by-accident

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PeterBowman said:

Bmore does have a very good track record of Dline drafts etc so we'll see how it goes. 

 

They could have used him then vs Nick Chubb :) 

 

Apparently, a late injury kept Brandon Williams out of the game and Earl Thomas got on him after the game probably because it wasn't serious enough but it impacted their run D big time. Let us hope this Ravens' PS signing works out for us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MPStack said:

The answer to all our prayers. Finally, a difference maker for the Colts front four. Ballard brought this guy in to slow down the KC offense. I like it!

KC doesn’t really have a huge run game though. Maybe though this will help the pass rushers.  He might not even play Sunday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

At least they are trying. Not sure they will find someone to make a difference this late. This has to be addressed in the draft. Ballard just totally ignored it this year.

 

 Good G--! You are not sure this will fix it.  bla bla bla
 Not sure we will find someone this late. bla bla bla
  Ballard and his staff didn't IGNORE ANYTHING about their roster.
  That is just coocoo.
  They evaluated what they had, are developing them, and felt reasonably good about their prospects. That there is some disappointment at this point, is just how it goes sometimes. 
 This new guy will be given a shot at taking snaps away from someone. Those someones better get it in gear or they could be gone too. If he can't do it, Ballard will keep looking.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

 Good G--! You are not sure this will fix it.  bla bla bla
 Not sure we will find someone this late. bla bla bla
  Ballard and his staff didn't IGNORE ANYTHING about their roster.
  That is just coocoo.
  They evaluated what they had, are developing them, and felt reasonably good about their prospects. That there is some disappointment at this point, is just how it goes sometimes. 
 This new guy will be given a shot at taking snaps away from someone. Those someones better get it in gear or they could be gone too. If he can't do it, Ballard will keep looking.

Sonetimes we post stuff before we have all the info. Looking into it he should really help. When I posted that all I saw was a practice squad player. I didn’t realize until looking further the guy has actually been pretty good. Those kind of players don’t usually end up on a practice squad. Therefore that was my initial reaction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it me or is developing players a new theme on the forum? I got it with the MLB, the players need time in the minors, but I was under the impression in the NFL with a 53 man roster, your expected to perform rather quickly. How long does it take to develop NFL talent out of curiosity?? I’ve just never heard develop talent, the way it’s brought up here. :scratch:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Sonetimes we post stuff before we have all the info. Looking into it he should really help. When I posted that all I saw was a practice squad player. I didn’t realize until looking further the guy has actually been pretty good. Those kind of players don’t usually end up on a practice squad. Therefore that was my initial reaction.

 

That’s why it pays to inform your opinion before you communicate it? 

 

Two second search on the guy would have told different to your original reaction. 

 

There’s nothing wrong with not knowing stuff, plenty of knowledgable people on here who will answers questions. But when you post a knee jerk reaction as an absolute it doesn’t come across well.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Is it me or is developing players a new theme on the forum? I got it with the MLB, the players need time in the minors, but I was under the impression in the NFL with a 53 man roster, your expected to perform rather quickly. How long does it take to develop NFL talent out of curiosity?? I’ve just never heard develop talent, the way it’s brought up here. :scratch:

 

You could argue that we  might be seeing the product of college schemes getting further and further away form the NFL. 

 

One that gets me is the disparity in knowledge and skill in route running by rookie WRs. ‘Bama seems to have a solid conveyor belt of NFL ready WRs who can run all the routes from the off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Is it me or is developing players a new theme on the forum? I got it with the MLB, the players need time in the minors, but I was under the impression in the NFL with a 53 man roster, your expected to perform rather quickly. How long does it take to develop NFL talent out of curiosity?? I’ve just never heard develop talent, the way it’s brought up here. :scratch:

 

Its not that new.   Developing talent has always been a part of the NFL,  but it’s becoming more and more a part.   You’ve got to find talent wherever you can.

 

Remember Grigson and his never ending search for players from all over the world?   All 32 teams do this.

 

Our last three draft picks from this last draft...   all are developmental guys.  Lots of college kids don’t get developed properly for a variety of reasons.   Teams think their coaches can do a better job of getting the max out of these prospects.  

 

This trend is going to continue...  everyone needs talent. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Is it me or is developing players a new theme on the forum? I got it with the MLB, the players need time in the minors, but I was under the impression in the NFL with a 53 man roster, your expected to perform rather quickly. How long does it take to develop NFL talent out of curiosity?? I’ve just never heard develop talent, the way it’s brought up here. :scratch:

 

 2-3 years for most positions is a standard. Has been that way since i started watching the NFL in the mid 60's.
 Dungy was kind enough to make it CLEAR that there is usually a big jump from  year one to year two.
 And most SB caliber teams have had many players with 4-7 years experience, with a number of those years spent playing together.

 Hope this helps.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...