Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looking Back A Month Or Two

Are you glad we hired pags over fisher or gruden? Tbh I like who we hired and he was completely off my radar.

I really dont know much about Pagano..

I dont think many of us do....

Seems like a mature, experienced coach....

......I hope he was told what we were going to do with the roster/....when we hired him

I like the direction that the defense is going. If we got Jeff Fisher we probably would have hired Gregg Williams as DC. :barf:

We may have also signed Cortland Finnegan which would help right now. But I like Pagano so far.

yeah so far everyone that mr irsay has brought in has made good decisions. we didnt really lose anything for winston justice lol and cory redding is a good player. as long as we try and get a cb in the 2nd round i feel like we can win 4-5 games :D seems like we have a pretty tough schedule next year.

Ask me again in a year... :)

I am going with this, especially since he hasn't been a head coach before this year. As far as hiring him over Gruden and Fisher, yeah I was good with it. Not a big fan of a retread coach, especially one who has been out of the game for any period of time. Fisher was a ballsy coach and I liked his style, but I wasn't really impressed with his last few years, although he probably didn't have a great deal to work with. Also I am not too certain the passion is still there and it hasn't became just another job at this point for him, which is my biggest criticism for any retread coach, especially coming out of retirement and seeking a big money job. Gruden is completely overrated and a bit of an attention w^*#!. He sounds great calling games, but he wasn't the greatest coach for Tampa Bay minus his first season. I would have been pretty disappointed if this team fell for the Gruden trick.

Ask me again in a year... :)

I agree, and I'm not basing this on his first year's record. I'll be watching to see if we improve every week, how aggressive our D plays, and if he develops Luck.

We've seen a lot of teams in love with their rookie coach... for about 8 games. My friends in Cleveland can tell you all about it.

The real test for Coach Pagano's NFL success is 2 fold in scope: our upcoming draft pick selections in April & how intimidating our defense looks by week 8 of the regular season. In addition, I will be curious if our player injuries go down significantly this year. A testament to solid teachers of fundamental football techniques as well as hand & feet placement in the o-line & d-line trenches.

Yes, I am really happy about who we selected. I never wanted Gruden and I too am sick to hear about the Jeff F. thing and his connection with Greg Williams.

I never understood why Jeff Fischer was so sought after.

Ill give it a couple years before judgement is passed, we havent even played a down yet, and Im sure wont have all the pieces we need this year, besides a NFL team project is never complete always building around talent ya got or rebuilding, but if the little things are taught then I know the team is in good hands , hand and feet placement, batting balls down at line of scrimmage, NOT playing 10-12 yards of the man your trying to coverall that is a start but by no means am I going to pass judgment on an incomplete project after one year talent over all on this team to me still says mediocre despite the recent signings, except reggie wayne but he looks to be on his final contract with the colts but thats just an opinion

I like the direction that the defense is going.

Ditto. The Colts defense has a history of doing very bad things to my blood pressure. It looks like they are placing an emphasis on putting together a defense that will be more reliable in the future.