Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Asking too much...

indyagent17

It seems that our expectations got raised quite a bit the last few weeks about the state of the team. We expect new players like Campbell and Cain just add water to become great. It's a lot of pressure to put on these young receivers. If Hilton stays out much longer and I hope he gets healthy it's going to be more and more difficult to have an effective pass game with our receiving group. I was very disappointed the tight ends didn't step up last week. Ebron was a major disappointment. It seems to me that we might have to add another receiver from someplace but from where?

5 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

It seems that our expectations got raised quite a bit the last few weeks about the state of the team. We expect new players like Campbell and Cain just add water to become great. It's a lot of pressure to put on these young receivers. If Hilton stays out much longer and I hope he gets healthy it's going to be more and more difficult to have an effective pass game with our receiving group. I was very disappointed the tight ends didn't step up last week. Ebron was a major disappointment. It seems to me that we might have to add another receiver from someplace but from where?

Campbell is for real.   Just need to get him the ball. 

Way bigger needs on this team that WR 

15 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I think Doyle did fine.  Did MoeAllieCox miss something? I think it was just Ebron with the dropsies, alone from his late game TD.

I think Hilton will be back Sunday. Campbell has shown promise he just needs to learn the nfl game. The nfl is a lot faster then college. Reich said today he expects Cain’s play to pick up as the season goes on. Here is the problem. Not only did we lose Hilton but Sunday and we were without Funchess also. That is your two top targets. Guys like Rogers and pascal are great as your 4,5,6, option. They aren’t intended to be your 1st or 2nd. Go look at Reggie’s stats  his rookie year. I think you will be surprised how bad they were. If you go get a veteran who do you cut when funchess comes back? Colts are snake bitten when it comes to WR.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

It’s a little hard to watch Mclaughlin, AJ Brown and Metcalf etc, do their thing and their play callers, emphasis to get them the ball and we not do the same for Campbell. I understand he didn’t play preseason and all that, so I’m not panicking

I loved grabbing Campbell...but I really wanted the WR double dip...with the extra pick.

Of course...next year appears to be even better...so they can grab one then as well. 

I do agree though Reich could be using his imagination and using Campbell in a lot of different ways. Have not seen a jet sweep yet or any kind of special play for him. JB is still developing chemistry with him also. That isn’t going to be instant. They need to be working in their off time. Trust and learning to anticipate his speed.

Just now, DerekDiggler said:

Funny how many people are in the Funchess bandwagon   When he was signed he was the worst thing ever.   Hahaha.    

But now now he wears a Colts Jersey so he’s the next Jerry Rice!!!!!

That isn’t true. But that first game you can see how frank was going to use him. It would of worked out perfect. Hopefully it still will. Reich knew how to use him and set him up for success.

6 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I loved grabbing Campbell...but I really wanted the WR double dip...with the extra pick.

Of course...next year appears to be even better...so they can grab one then as well. 

The thing about terry is I think he is more polished and could of made a immediate impact. Just wait until Haskins is finally the QB and they bring back the OSU magic.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Yes there was people mad we got funchess but the majority were not. We were mostly let’s see how it turns out. No one thinks DF is jetty rice. That is absurd.

Then why do you keep posting like he is going to change the season?   Much better WR already on this roster than DF.

I agree expecting the team that was carried week in and week out by Luck to be anything more than a 0.50 team in the short term post-Luck is asking a lot. I’m a diehard colts fan, but that’s some honesty. 

Reality hit us in the face in the Oakland Raiders. 

We should take what we get in terms of wins and really be 110% ecstatic if we even get close to the playoffs. Quite honestly, the pessimist in me may prefer a down year, development from young players, and good draft position to reload this team into something better than 1 player.

We thought our defense was decent and look at what  the Raiders did to them. Our defense like our offense has to be more than 1 player. In all due respect to them, that team was an absolute dumpster fire all off season. Our starting Dline gets 0 pressure all game. Ballard has a lot of work to do even after 3 drafts... 

/endrant

30 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Funny how many people are in the Funchess bandwagon   When he was signed he was the worst thing ever.   Hahaha.    

Very false,   like most of your non sense.   Many, including myself,  were excited to see Luck with Ty and Funchess. are you new?  

33 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

We saw a glimpse of it before he got hurt.  

Frankly we don't have a lot of size and strength in the WR group. Funchess was here to make the QB's life easier by having one guy who could win physical battles for the ball.  Without him we've had to rely on Ebron for that... to mixed results.

1 minute ago, Dasteez said:

I agree expecting the team that was carried week in and week out by Luck to be anything more than a 0.50 team in the short term post-Luck is asking a lot. I’m a diehard colts fan, but that’s some honesty. 

Reality hit us in the face in the Oakland Raiders. 

We should take what we get in terms of wins and really be 110% ecstatic if we even get close to the playoffs. Quite honestly, the pessimist in me may prefer a down year, development from young players, and good draft position to reload this team into something better than 1 player.

We thought our defense was decent and look at what  the Raiders did to them. Our defense like our offense has to be more than 1 player. In all due respect to them, that team was an absolute dumpster fire all off season. Our starting Dline gets 0 pressure all game. Ballard has a lot of work to do even after 3 drafts... 

/endrant

Does anyone remember the 2006 defense?  Im certainly not predicting that type of turn around,   but the season is young

5 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Then why do you keep posting like he is going to change the season?   Much better WR already on this roster than DF.

Funchess is a more physical receiver, which is a skillset we lack when he's not here.

He doesn't have to be Jerry Rice.  He just needs to be a guy who can catch footballs in traffic and make life easier for Brissett when the coverage gets tight

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

Funchess is a more physical receiver, which is a skillset we lack when he's not here.

He doesn't have to be Jerry Rice.  He just needs to be a guy who can catch footballs in traffic and make life easier for Brissett when the coverage gets tight

I dont doubt Funchess will help.   I liked the signing.  Many on here didnt.  But hes not changing this season

1 minute ago, DerekDiggler said:

I dont doubt Funchess will help.   I liked the signing.  Many on here didnt.  But hes not changing this season

Don't think it needs changing in that sense.  Once TY is back on the field we have the offense we've been pretty productive with for most of the year.

Funchess would help open up the playbook though

The guy we desperately need back is Malik Hooker.

52 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Yeah next years WR class is legit. Ballard even thinks so. I could see Chris adding another WR at some point in next years draft for sure. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Yeah next years WR class is legit. Ballard even thinks so. I could see Chris adding another WR at some point in next years draft for sure. 

Ir would be nice to find someone to return kicks so we could get rid of Rogers. I like pascal because he is such a great blocker. We also will see if fountain can come back after the injury. It will be interesting to see how Cain and Campbell develop by the end of the year. If they show promise we might not draft another one. Also we know Reich really like funchess. If he comes back and plays well we could also resign him. Will be a interesting to see where the WR group is  by the end of the year. 

14 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

we need another booger mcfarland sigh not sure why we let woods go

We were so bad and then Sanders came back from the playoffs and we looked like a top defense. Everyone kept saying we couldn’t stop the run because we couldn’t without sanders. We lost games down the stretch blowing home field advantage.

• Like 1