Indianapolis Colts
csmopar

State of the Colts...

Just now, csmopar said:

First off, losses happen, it doesn’t mean we need to freak out.

second, I have no idea why some of you are in complete freak out stage.  6 months ago and all thru the summer, we heard people clamoring about the first 4 games and how tough they were. With Luck, MOST people said they’d be thrilled to be 2-2 or best case, 3-1.  Now, we’re without Luck, and suddenly 2-2 means blow it up, we’re done. 

Seriously folks, there’s gonna be ups and downs with a young team that’s missing several starters. Deep breathes

Just wait until we lose to the Chiefs and Texans.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

second, I have no idea why some of you are in complete freak out stage.  6 months ago and all thru the summer, we heard people clamoring about the first 4 games and how tough they were. With Luck, MOST people said they’d be thrilled to be 2-2 or best case, 3-1.  Now, we’re without Luck, and suddenly 2-2 means blow it up, we’re done. 

Seriously folks, there’s gonna be ups and downs with a young team that’s missing several starters. Deep breathes

The Colts got handled by the Raiders with the Chiefs in Arrowhead next week. We are basically 2-3 now and the defense is hot garbage. At least Brissett is looking decent.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Our fanbase is soft. 

If everything isn't perfect it's horrible.

We could have an entire team of practice squad players and they'd be judged like they're hall of famers.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

Our fanbase is soft. 

We could have an entire team of practice squad players and they'd be judged like they're hall of famers.

I guess I don't want to turn into a "hardened" fanbase like the Browns or the Jets.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bhougland said:

We will NOT lose to the Texans... we won’t - we WON’T! Stop that filthy talk right now...

not listening boy meets world GIF

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Colts got handled by the Raiders with the Chiefs in Arrowhead next week. We are basically 2-3 now and the defense is hot garbage. At least Brissett is looking decent.

18 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

I think we are a 8-8 team ,Ballard has work to do 

19 minutes ago, bhougland said:

Eh I think we’ll be fine against the Texans.  Chiefs, well who knows. Maybe it becomes a trap game for them. Either way, a lot of people thought we’d be 0-4 at this point 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bhougland said:

I guess I don't want to turn into a "hardened" fanbase like the Browns or the Jets.  

This is NFL football. No guarantee you'll be good every year unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, IinD said:

Our fanbase is soft. 

Sad but true.

5 minutes ago, bhougland said:

I do see positives.  Reich wants to make this a very gritty team; establish a running game....smash  mouth football.  I really beleive that Brissett can b successful  our future qb in this system.  I love what he is doing on offense. He wants to limit the defensive snaps as they r a fast and lighter on the D side of the ball. The only problem is that this D can't get off the field on 3rd down, which r passing downs.  They have not shown  me after 3 years of drafting that they r any where near to  being a  competent D.  It's kind of frustrating.  It has been over 20 years since we have seen a good defense in Indy. 

Eberflus is calling a super conservative gameplan every week. They are integrating a lot of rookies again this year with Rock, Okereke, Willis, Banogu and Speed. Shall I remind everyone that our two best defensive players are out in Leonard and Hooker?????

Even the most astute QB's would look a little off missing their number 2 receiver, let alone the number 1 as well. It doesn't help that his next big play threat drops 3 easy first downs and a catchable deep ball. 

Lastly, I distinctly remember A LOT of you doomsdayers were thinking we'd be 2-2 thru 4 games WITH Andrew Luck - why so butthurt now? 

This season will likely be a rollar coaster ride all year, so buckle up!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Eberflus is calling a super conservative gameplan every week. They are integrating a lot of rookies again this year with Rock, Okereke, Willis, Banogu and Speed. Shall I remind everyone that our two best defensive players are out in Leonard and Hooker?????

Even the most astute QB's would look a little off missing their number 2 receiver, let alone the number 1 as well. It doesn't help that his next big play threat drops 3 easy first downs and a catchable deep ball. 

Lastly, I distinctly remember A LOT of you doomsdayers were thinking we'd be 2-2 thru 4 games WITH Andrew Luck - why so butthurt now? 

This season will likely be a rollar coaster ride all year, so buckle up!

Would it hurt to bring in a couple good FA during the off-season. This team is relying on rookies due to Ballard’s inactivity in FA. Would help to have a couple more veterans too help.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Would it hurt to bring in a couple good FA during the off-season. This team is relying on rookies due to Ballard’s inactivity in FA. Would help to have a couple more veterans too help.

He brought Houston in, so it’s not like he’s against signing FA. However, the Colts need a lot more blue chip players, so I’m fine with not over spending in FA. The Colts are not 2-3 players away from competing for a SB. 

48 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Well if the reports are true, we were in on several big name FA but the insanely stupid level of contracts resulted in getting out bid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IinD said:

Our fanbase is soft. 

The fan base is not soft but you have to call crap fest a crap fest.

A group of young, inexperienced kids a year or two away.  Add in adjusting to a young crew of skilled players playing together, and our best players hobbled, and apparently a lot looking to next week instead of This Week's 1st half.

It's a Learning experience.  Get them healthy, and later in the season, and Reich'll get em motivated.

This isnt very shocking. I've been saying Jacoby Brissett is a mediocre qb and it shows. 

The draft class hasnt really made an impact. Campbell is doing next to nothing. He actually hurt the team today. Ya-Sin hasnt done much. Unless I'm missing something i dont recall Banagu (sp) making a play yet. Willis and Okereke have made a few plays but nothing special. 

Not having Hooker and Leonard hurts, but even the games Leonard played he didnt look good. This team is a .500 team if they are lucky without Andrew.

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

We wont win against good teams with this horrible play.

Ballard decided to roll the dice and draft instead of spending cash.  Probably was a big mistake not to go after a guy or two. 

7 minutes ago, AZCardinals8 said:

This isnt very shocking. I've been saying Jacoby Brissett is a mediocre qb and it shows. 

The draft class hasnt really made an impact. Campbell is doing next to nothing. He actually hurt the team today. Ya-Sin hasnt done much. Unless I'm missing something i dont recall Banagu (sp) making a play yet. Willis and Okereke have made a few plays but nothing special. 

Not having Hooker and Leonard hurts, but even the games Leonard played he didnt look good. This team is a .500 team if they are lucky without Andrew.

Just stop. Jacoby doesn’t play defense. He has ten dang TD. We need to build a complete team. Luck wouldn’t of been much better with this D. Jacoby was also without two of his WR. I think he did pretty well today. He had better stats then CARR.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just stop. Jacoby doesn’t play defense. He has ten dang TD. We need to build a complete team. Luck wouldn’t of been much better with this D. Jacoby was also without two of his WR. I think he did pretty well today. He had better stats then CARR.

Please, 80 yards and that TD were during garbage time right after he threw that horrible pick 6. Without that he was 21/43 (48% completion) with 180 yards 2 tds and an INT. He may have had better stats, but Carr played better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

I think most thought we'd be 2-2 for very different reasons. And most likely thought the teams would be better. But, the Chargers are mediocre at best. ATL and the Raiders are bad. TN is inconsistent at best.

I'm good with riding things out for the next 8 games, but if we get more than 2 games under 500 at this point, changes need to be made. Play calling, players, etc.. Something.

The last thing I want to do is end up in the 6-10 to 8-8 range and still be the same team at the end of the year. And especially the last 4 games, if we are out of striking range for the playoffs, we need really kick the tires on youth.

• Like 1

I think part of the blowback comes from how much people were hyping up our 2-1 start without really looking at the context of each game. So, you've got some fans who are shocked by losing to the Raiders and are upset, and some fans who have kind of got that "told ya so" mentality.

Not that those are the only two groups, of course. 

• Like 5

It is looking more and more like Eberflus isn’t that good and we don’t have the players on defense to compete. I think the offense will be fine. It’s going to take time for Cain and Campbell.

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Actually, Carr had a better passer rating. QBRs aren't out yet, but Carr likely has a better QBR too. I know you prefer passer rating, so

JB 82.3

DC 105.4

Solely my opinion, but Luck would have been a lot better.

• Like 1

Well I don’t know about luck. The rookies are clearly not ready. This is a defense problem not a offense problem. Our d line is to light and we have bad schemes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It is looking more and more like Eberflus isn’t that good and we don’t have the players on defense to compete. I think the offense will be fine. It’s going to take time for Cain and Campbell.

There are three levels of D. We are missing the best player in two of those levels. Replacements, especially at LB, aren't enough. Oke has been swallowed up vs the run. Play calling and the zone has been way too soft, and that's not all on the players. Bend but don't break Ds give up a lot of yards.

On O, we're really only missing one WR. Go ahead and count Funch if you want, but his stats weren't eye popping in the game that he did play. At X, Pascal has played quite admirably. You should really take a look at the film in a rewatch mode to see the open WRs and TEs that JB either didn't see, or saw and chose to dink to someone in tighter coverage.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There are three levels of D. We are missing the best player in two of those levels. Replacements, especially at LB, aren't enough. Oke has been swallowed up vs the run. Play calling and the zone has been way too soft, and that's not all on the players. Bend but don't break Ds give up a lot of yards.

On O, we're really only missing one WR. Go ahead and count Funch if you want, but his stats weren't eye popping in the game that he did play. At X, Pascal has played quite admirably. You should really take a look at the film in a rewatch mode to see the open WRs and TEs that JB either didn't see, or saw and chose to dink to someone in tighter coverage.

Or the TE that Kept dropping the ball. Funchess would of been big today. You could see how Reich was going to use him. He was going to be used as a pocession receiver. We miss him terribly. Can’t replace that big body in the middle.  The oline was not good either.

TY being out hurt badly. So did Ebron's drops. The team got off to a very slow start last year, then especially the defense improved. I'm hoping for the same this year.

53 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

The fan base is not soft but you have to call crap fest a crap fest.

Yep...I don't understand calling out the fanbase after that game.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Actually, Carr had a better passer rating. QBRs aren't out yet, but Carr likely has a better QBR too. I know you prefer passer rating, so

JB 82.3

DC 105.4

Solely my opinion, but Luck would have been a lot better.

Luck might have thrown  more ints 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Can we stop bringing up the former quarterback that bailed on us please?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Can we stop bringing up the former quarterback that bailed on us please?

The other guy brought  him up first.  In any case we need better  wrs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well I don’t know about luck. The rookies are clearly not ready. This is a defense problem not a offense problem. Our d line is to light and we have bad schemes.

Prior to today, Campbell was 5 completions in 5 targets. Cain was 3 of 6, with two very bad throws from JB (back shoulder throws that were way short), and one questionable placement. So let's say at worst, Cain is 3 of 4.

Let's not blame it all on rookies, D, and drops. JB was bad today too. It was a team loss.

24 minutes ago, Stephen said:

He certainly may have. That doesn't take away from the fact JB, while not the only reason for the loss, had a bad game too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Realistically, there is a lot of room for improvement. As Jean-Luc Picard always says, "Make it so."

31 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Or the TE that Kept dropping the ball. Funchess would of been big today. You could see how Reich was going to use him. He was going to be used as a pocession receiver. We miss him terribly. Can’t replace that big body in the middle.  The oline was not good either.

You're blaming everyone but JB. He had a bad game too. Funch had in 20% drop rate in his limited time so while you blast everyone else for poor stats, you think he would have made a huge difference? That's comical.

We pay almost more than anyone on TE, and have two high paid guys. TEs are big guys in the middle. And Pascal played the outside pretty decent. You act like every pass JB threw was perfect and that is far from the truth. Keep banging that drum.

• Thanks 1