Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deon Cain

CurBeatElite

0 receptions on 5 targets today... 3 receptions on 11 targets for the season.

I know a lot were expecting him to be our savior at WR2, but he hasn't really done anything to impress me so far this year.

We badly need for him to step up, for TY to get healthy, and for other WRs to develop quickly.  Brissett had a bad pick late in today's game, but otherwise he's been playing very well this season, we need our WRs to step up the next 3/4 of the season to help him out though.

11 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

I know a lot were expecting him to be our savior at WR2, but he hasn't really done anything to impress me so far this year.

We badly need for him to step up, for TY to get healthy, and for other WRs to develop quickly.  Brissett had a bad pick late in today's game, but otherwise he's been playing very well this season, we need our WRs to step up the next 3/4 of the season to help him out though.

Hes a 5th round pick. I am not sure what people were expecting

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

6th round pick, and not totally sure why everyone has been so hyped up about him.  I know the Colts thought highly enough of him to make the 'comeback' documentary series... I get he's coming off a knee surgery and may not be 100%, but he's done nothing to impress me so far this year.

Hopefully TY and Funchess come back soonert han later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CurBeatElite said:

6th round pick, and not totally sure why everyone has been so hyped up about him.  I know the Colts thought highly enough of him to make the 'comeback' documentary series... I get he's coming off a knee surgery and may not be 100%, but he's done nothing to impress me so far this year.

Hopefully TY and Funchess come back soonert han later.

Agreed. It takes 2 years to fully come back from an acl tear.  He's got potential but will probably have to wait to later in the year to see if he has any upside 

1 hour ago, CurBeatElite said:

The Colts are a .500-ish team with Brissett...he cannot elevate a team with his play...his passes are all scripted plays from Reich...Reich is the real QB out there...Brissett just executes Reich's instructions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

The Colts are a .500-ish team with Brissett...he cannot elevate a team with his play...his passes are all scripted plays from Reich...Reich is the real QB out there...Brissett just executes Reich's instructions.

We are a .500 year because if our defense not JB.

15 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

You’ve missed most of the hype for him around here, I see. 

I don’t care about hype. The fact is he is a rookie.

I was one of those people that thought he would be really good but I must eat crow he sucks.

Cain is not 100% yet...still recovering from his injury...trying to play his way back into game shape...(from Siriani).

• Like 1

OMG...these guys are rookie and basically a rookie...relax.  I could see the drama if they where top 10 draft pick.  People on this site over react to everything.   Give them time to grow and remember all of your negative comments when they turn out to be good players and dont be a hypocrite if and when it happens....Reggie, Marvin and TY all took time to grow they didn't start as great players, just relax.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cgi4life said:

OMG...these guys are rookie and basically a rookie...relax.  I could see the drama if they where top 10 draft pick.  People on this site over react to everything.   Give them time to grow and remember all of your negative comments when they turn out to be good players and dont be a hypocrite if and when it happens....Reggie, Marvin and TY all took time to grow they didn't start as great players, just relax.

Not to mention we never intended for them to be a 1 and 2 receiver like today. We were without two of our top WR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

People been praising him as the new Messiah for the team four months now. Wait till Cain plays again on and on and on. You may develop there's a reason why he was a low draft pick. Lots of drops at school

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cgi4life said:

Ty was good hus rookie  year. So was marvin.

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Seems more and more like Zach Pascal should now be our #2 receiver.

Wasn't long ago many here were calling for him to not make it through the final cuts.

Zach Pascal shouldn't be anyone's #2 receiver.  But he's been one of our few pleasant surprises among the receiver corps so far.