Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First major setback -- how will we handle it?

Imgrandojji

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

The Colts should have won.  But in the end it's a loss to an AFC team, it's no more or less important than any other non divisional, conference game.

I disagree.   The reason is that it was a conference game that we should have won.  Kansas City is a game we should (and probably will) lose.   As we all went through their schedule, most on here had them at 8-9 wins with a shot to make the playoffs.  Losing a game they should win hurts the team.   

28 minutes ago, Myles said:

I disagree.   The reason is that it was a conference game that we should have won.  Kansas City is a game we should (and probably will) lose.   As we all went through their schedule, most on here had them at 8-9 wins with a shot to make the playoffs.  Losing a game they should win hurts the team.   

You keep using that phrase "should win".  Should win based on what?  Fan perception?  I agree it hurts the fans more because the fans thought Oakland was a cake walk.  I can guarantee the Colts organization did not think the Raiders would be an easy win.  And while I think the Colts organization goes into each game thinking it is one they should win, they did not think this one would be easier to win than most of games on their schedule.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You keep using that phrase "should win".  Should win based on what?  Fan perception?  I agree it hurts the fans more because the fans thought Oakland was a cake walk.  I can guarantee the Colts organization did not think the Raiders would be an easy win.  And while I think the Colts organization goes into each game thinking it is one they should win, they did not think this one would be easier to win than most of games on their schedule.

I bet they did.    The Raiders at home is certainly more favorable than the Chargers or Chiefs on the road.   I know ever game is important, but I think it is worse to lose the games you should win than losing the games you should lose.   I'm just using the "should" in respect to fan expectations and Vegas odds.   So it is not definitive.   

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

I bet they did.    The Raiders at home is certainly more favorable than the Chargers or Chiefs on the road.   I know ever game is important, but I think it is worse to lose the games you should win than losing the games you should lose.   I'm just using the "should" in respect to fan expectations and Vegas odds.   So it is not definitive.   

We'll, if the team thought that then Reich's messages isn't getting to the players - that 1-0, thing.

Players are human just like us, but the mentality to perform at your best each week can be tough when you *think* a team isn't worthy of the effort.  It's up to the coaches to preach the message, but the players have to put it in action.

I actually like the way Reich said the blame begins with him and goes down from there.  All for one mentality will pay dividends down the road.

• Like 1