Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good news, Bad news

mirobi48

Good.  Still tied for first and best of all the Rookies are getting some quality playing time that will help later on in the year

Bad. We have gone 2 games now without a sack or pressure on QB and now the injuries are starting to mount up. Thank goodness we have a bye week soon to heal up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mirobi48 said:

Good.  Still tied for first and best of all the Rookies are getting some quality playing time that will help later on in the year

Bad. We have gone 2 games now without a sack or pressure on QB and now the injuries are starting to mount up. Thank goodness we have a bye week soon to heal up.

bad news the chiefs are next

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, mirobi48 said:

Anthony Walker had a sack and Autry had a QB hit.

We've got to figure out how to get consistent pressure on the QB, though.

I normally don't like byes this early, but I am happy that we have it at this point in the year this year with the nagging injuries on this team.

Just now, boo2202 said:

Bad news- this team is nowhere near being able to compete for championships

Good news- this team will win games here and there.

Summary- we’re mediocre 

chiefs game will determine that. if we lose 62 to 0 we will know that we aren't doing nothing anytime soon.

1 minute ago, CurBeatElite said:

Anthony Walker had a sack and Autry had a QB hit.

We've got to figure out how to get consistent pressure on the QB, though.

I normally don't like byes this early, but I am happy that we have it at this point in the year this year with the nagging injuries on this team.

trader for donald or some wr that can catch

1 minute ago, boo2202 said:

Bad news- this team is nowhere near being able to compete for championships

Good news- this team will win games here and there.

Summary- we’re mediocre 

If Vinny made his kicks week 1, we'd be 3-1 right now.  We gave this game away, but it's not far-fetched that we could easily be 4-0 at this point.

Today was a bad day for the Colts, but overall, this team is capable of competing in the NFL.  I think the Pats and Chiefs are far and away better than the rest of the AFC, but there is still no reason why this team can't win the AFC South and make a little noise in the playoffs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

If Vinny made his kicks week 1, we'd be 3-1 right now.  We gave this game away, but it's not far-fetched that we could easily be 4-0 at this point.

Today was a bad day for the Colts, but overall, this team is capable of competing in the NFL.  I think the Pats and Chiefs are far and away better than the rest of the AFC, but there is still no reason why this team can't win the AFC South and make a little noise in the playoffs.

Good teams don’t get beat at home against a team like the raiders. This team will win enough games to keep it interesting, but don’t have the talent to be consistent. 

• Thanks 1

It wasn’t just this game.  The D was atrocious in the second half against the Falcons and carried that same play over to this game.  

Except for that gift from Carr, it didn’t matter what the down or distance was, they converted. 

I guess you you could say the D gave up less points to them this year than last season?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Good teams don’t get beat at home against a team like the raiders. This team will win enough games to keep it interesting, but don’t have the talent to be consistent. 

The Raiders really are not a bad team.  They're not the Patriots, but they're light years better than the really bad teams in this league (e.g., the Bucs, the Dolphins).

We were without our 2 best players on D (Hooker and Leonard) and our best player on O (TY Hilton -- maybe second best after Nelson, but still our best skill guy).  

If we're fully healthy and as some of our young guys get more comfortable, we're going to be OK and if I had to bet today, I'd bet on us winning the division.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

The Raiders really are not a bad team.  They're not the Patriots, but they're light years better than the really bad teams in this league (e.g., the Bucs, the Dolphins).

We were without our 2 best players on D (Hooker and Leonard) and our best player on O (TY Hilton -- maybe second best after Nelson, but still our best skill guy).  

If we're fully healthy and as some of our young guys get more comfortable, we're going to be OK and if I had to bet today, I'd bet on us winning the division.

Understand but injuries are part of the games. Raiders had basically third string linebackers in the game. When our Defense has trouble getting off the field vs carr and company it’s a problem. Run D has been terrible for the first four games. We’ve generated no rush and have struggled to stop the pass for six quarters now. Tape is out on Jacoby and coaches will continue to take away what he likes to do. This is a good coaching staff and they’ll squeeze out every ounce of talent they can but not sure there’s enough to compete vs semi decent teams. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boo2202 said:

Understand but injuries are part of the games. Raiders had basically third string linebackers in the game. When our Defense has trouble getting off the field vs carr and company it’s a problem. Run D has been terrible for the first four games. We’ve generated no rush and have struggled to stop the pass for six quarters now. Tape is out on Jacoby and coaches will continue to take away what he likes to do. This is a good coaching staff and they’ll squeeze out every ounce of talent they can but not sure there’s enough to compete vs semi decent teams. 

The Raiders O scored 24 points (their D scored 7).  They put 28 on us last year and we got out of the game to go 3-5 on the season heading into our bye week.  Our team got significantly better after the bye and we went on to the playoffs and won a game in the playoffs.

We could easily be 3-1 or 4-0 right now, so we're still in better shape than the 1-5 Colts of last year who wound up getting into the 2nd round of the playoffs.

This team will likely improve after the bye week again this year.  I don't see anyone beating the Pats, but all hope is not lost for our Colts due to this one game.

Bad news our RB1 still has a problem staying healthy.  Color me not surprised.  I can't get over the number of times he takes himself out of a game.  After the very first play of the second half he takes himself out.  Seriously?  And he's running behind what is supposedly a good OL.  They didn't look it today.  To think we could have had Jacobs if we didn't trade back.  That guy is a RB1.  He would have looked great in the horseshoe. 

23 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Injuries aside.  Against above average qbs, this D looks terrible.  You can go back to the KC game and they  have look over whelmed since then. Review all their games from the beginning of last year to the present and when they have faced a good offence.

36 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Hyperbole.    Good teams get beat at home by mediocre teams every single season.   The Rams are getting beat up by the Bucs right now

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Bad news our RB1 still has a problem staying healthy.  Color me not surprised.  I can't get over the number of times he takes himself out of a game.  After the very first play of the second half he takes himself out.  Seriously?  And he's running behind what is supposedly a good OL.  They didn't look it today.  To think we could have had Jacobs if we didn't trade back.  That guy is a RB1.  He would have looked great in the horseshoe. 

Mack was the 3rd leading rusher in the NFL going into today's game.  He's been having a very solid year.  Hopefully he stays healthy for us, but it isn't time to act like he's not been a very productive player for us.

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Hyperbole.    Good teams get beat at home by mediocre teams every single season.   The Rams are getting beat up by the Bucs right now

Texans got beat at home with a undrafted QB.

15 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Injuries aside.  Against above average qbs, this D looks terrible.  You can go back to the KC game and they  have look over whelmed since then. Review all their games from the beginning of last year to the present and when they have faced a good offence.

Texans are pretty good.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Texans got beat at home with a undrafted QB.

Texans are pretty good.

I stand corrected....that is one team.  This D has a long way to go.  I just don't think the talent is there and that is on Ballard.  The D line gets no pressure and gets man handled.  The line backers can't cover.  This all reminds me of the Dungy years.

1 hour ago, mirobi48 said:

Walker had a sack but other than that we are terrible.

26 minutes ago, CamMo said:

That was a horrible game. Bad news.

We still almost won it and I’m not even sure how...Good news. (???) 

They’ll bounce back.

After the bye there isn't a snowballs chance in hell we are going in to KC and even keeping it close let alone winning with this trash defense and garbage WR core.

1 hour ago, CurBeatElite said:

They could also be 0-4. They are 2-2...which is about whta you can hope for when every game is basically coin flip type game. 

31 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I stand corrected....that is one team.  This D has a long way to go.  I just don't think the talent is there and that is on Ballard.  The D line gets no pressure and gets man handled.  The line backers can't cover.  This all reminds me of the Dungy years.

When we were winning the division and 11 games a season?   Always so much panic here after losses.    Everyone will get better.   

• Like 1

Personally looking at where the defense is at I'm disappointed so far. Austin Ekeler, Josh Jacobs, Devonta Freeman did whatever they wanted. We have a seriously problem of getting bullied around right now and I'm not sure it's a quick fix. Margus Hunt looks below average again, Autry gets man-handled defending the run. Our defense needs some more play-makers. I think in 2-3 years we will be better defensively after a 1 or 2 more good drafts. Also I know he's a rookie but Bobby Okereke looks like a lost puppy trying to play out there.

Honestly, wth happened to Darius Leonard and Malik Hooker? 

Leonard finishes a game, then feels concussion like symptoms and misses multiple weeks?! 

And Hooker takes himself out of the game, causually sits on the bench. And a couple days later is out for 6 weeks? lol

The injuries are just too much for the colts... No wonder Luck retired. We got something going on in the locker room :lol:

16 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Honestly, wth happened to Darius Leonard and Malik Hooker? 

Leonard finishes a game, then feels concussion like symptoms and misses multiple weeks?! 

And Hooker takes himself out of the game, causually sits on the bench. And a couple days later is out for 6 weeks? lol

The injuries are just too much for the colts... No wonder Luck retired. We got something going on in the locker room :lol:

Hilarious apparently?