Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Defensive Position Would You Trade For

Bravo

What Defensive Position Would you Trade For?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Position

• Interior DL
    • Outside Pass Rusher
    • Linebacker
    • DB

• 21isSuperman changed the title to Which Defensive Position Would You Trade For
8 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

I went interior DL with my vote. The defense as a whole has been terrible however the inside of our defensive line can’t get pressure or even come close to clogging up rushing lanes.

The Colts need a skilled big man in there.

I did interior DL too. If you're going to "rush 4" , those 4 need to do something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Douzer said:

I did interior DL too. If you're going to "rush 4" , those 4 need to do something.

We can’t seemingly do anything with 5 or 6 rushing either. We just get stuffed in the middle. Nothing off the edge and we give 40 yard cushions over the middle and just hope for a drop. 

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Remember when we all thought Eberflus was going to get a HC job?

We supposedly upgraded the personnel, and it’s worse this year.  Not as bad as what Ryan did to them in the second half last week, but close.  

I wouldn't say it is worse.  It's not improving....thats for sure.  We played qb challenged teams last year.  Now we r truly seeing the level of talent we have on the defensive side of the ball. It's not pretty

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Not exactly true. I legit guy in the front 7 can make a world of difference. How much different was our D when we drafted Leonard? A legit iDL will take doubles and open things up for the ends. 

And what are we giving up to get a Legit guy ?

2 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Per guys on NFL Network he is the EXACT opposite of what those NFL Network guys call a "Ballard Type Guy" (and they are 100% correct) !!!!!

We should do whatever it takes to get Ramsey. What difference does it make, if he's a Ballard guy, when the defense gets shredded every single week?

1 minute ago, HOF19 said:

And what are we giving up to get a Legit guy ?

Well, we certainly have the cap space. And we have picks. If we're willing to sign/rent a guy like Houston, not sure why we can't due the same at DT. I also would have at least drafted a developmental DT in the first 3 rounds. 

4 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Really, we need a both a 1-tech and DE. Think we are ok at LB.

Hard to evaluate the corners when we play so much soft zone and so little pass rush. 

I think if Eberflus backed his defense more and played more aggressive, we'd see improvements.

Good points.  I said this in the game thread, but it bears repeating: the defensive line has been a complete non-factor this year. 

Hunt has been non-existent as an interior rusher.  There's no push at all.  Our LBs (who haven't been great) really don't have a chance.

Safety depth is a huge concern. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

None!

There’s no one player you can bring in that’s going to push this team over the top, so why spend big on a trade when it’s getting you nowhere. Save the draft picks and build next year.. 

It happened in the past when Polian traded for Booger McFarland.  Problem instantly fixed and bam a Super Bowl. 

17 hours ago, Smonroe said:

No pressure on the QB and giving huge cushions is not a good combination.  

This D needs help everywhere, including coaching.  

An Aggressive Defensive coordinator, Eberflus has all the excuses, but this defense has the tools, just not coached well at all!