Indianapolis Colts
SouthernIndianaNDFan

Week 4 impressions: Brissett

Does he have to throw it as hard as he can every time? Good lord man, take something off some of those passes. The guys have their man beaten and he still rifles it in there. No wonder they drop everything. 

• Like 5

Just now, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Does he have to throw it as hard as he can every time? Good lord man, take something off some of those passes. The guys have their man beaten and he still rifles it in there. No wonder they drop everything. 

No anticipation.....no touch.  

• Like 4

NFL receivers should catch those footballs.

Brissett is accurate and hitting their hands. That’s what matters.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Some of those passes were not thrown that hard. And sometimes you just have to adjust. Mahomes, Farve, and Kaepernick all have cannons. Their receivers have learned/learnt to hold on to the ball. Inexcusable. Especially from Ebron(who has 3).

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

NFL receivers should catch those footballs.

Brissett is accurate and hitting their hands. That’s what matters.

I'm not talking about how accurate they are, or whether the guys should catch them. I'm talking about Brissett throwing it way too hard, way more often than necessary. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I'm not talking about how accurate they are, or whether the guys should catch them. I'm talking about Brissett throwing it way too hard, way more often than necessary. 

I agree, however you said “no wonder they drop everything”. They should still catch those footballs.

• Like 1

I think the key word here is "inconsistent."  Showed his youth today.  Had some serious issue with drops.  And the pick was a throw a veteran doesn't attempt,  But he still was the driving force of the offense today, especially after Mack got hurt.  He was the reason we had a chance in this game, after the terrible performance the D put up.

Bottom line we need to get healthy.  Bad.

• Like 2

Nobody did him any favors today.

I'm not going to say he was great but Ebron wet the bed. No TY (that's huge not just a small thing). Mack went down. Cain and the young guys didn't step up.

• Like 3

Brissett isn't the future, Mack is hurt again surprise surprise. Defense is gonna be legit when we get Hooker and Leonard back. Turay is a welcome addition. Brissett throws the ball way harder than he should, and fails to lead receivers. Sorry, just quick thoughts. Oh yeah, the Lions look legit. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

This by no way was JB fault and anyone that says it is smoking something. You can’t have all those dropped passes. Also you can’t rely on two rookie WR.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I think he had a really bad game.  Went to Campbell twice on deep routes, but he was completely covered.  He was once double covered and once quadruple covered.  He threw a lot of passes into coverage.  He also telegraphed that pick 6 at the end by a mile.  And is it just me, or does he look like he's throwing the ball at 100 mph each time?  Receivers didn't help him out very much with all those drops though

• Like 8

None of the young receivers stepped up. Ebron dropped balls, Reich put him in bad position by running the ball on 1st and 10 time and time again. With all that said, Brissett didn't look good today. 

• Like 1

You can think he had a bad game and not pin the loss on him...just throwing that out there.

This was definitely a team loss. Coaching too. There really isn't anybody worth praising much after that one, although I thought the RB's did an admirable job. Oh, and Pascal too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Brissett isn't the future, Mack is hurt again surprise surprise. Defense is gonna be legit when we get Hooker and Leonard back. Turay is a welcome addition. Brissett throws the ball way harder than he should, and fails to lead receivers. Sorry, just quick thoughts. Oh yeah, the Lions look legit. 

I must have watched a different Colts-Raiders game.  Almost ALL of his throws were where they needed or should be.  These receivers can't get separation or catch the ball when they should.  How many dropped passes today?

• Like 2

Whole team was flat.  Hard to judge an individual performance amid the sea of mediocrity (to be kind) we witnessed today. I think they were already thinking KC.   It was a hard game to watch, our D scheme is pathetic, makes our offense need to be perfect to compete with the raiders at home and they were far from perfect.  Cant wait for the pressers.

• Like 2

Not a good day. This is one of the problems I’ve feared with Brissett. He can manage the game, but he can’t really take it over. 

No one really helped him out today by any means, but even still, there’s a lack of killer instinct with him. 

• Like 1

The WRs/TEs should catch the perfectly fine balls he throws.

Bad INT, but I thought he was the least of the Colts' problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't really spin it...not a good game for JB...but not terrible either. TDs are nice...but one is garbage time TD and another is from a botched handoff fumble. Ultimately, the pick 6 in crunch time sealed it. Not difficult to pick up that JB goes after that first read quite often. 

But even though this is a JB thread...this loss was on the team today...they looked mediocre. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

None of the young receivers stepped up. Ebron dropped balls, Reich put him in bad position by running the ball on 1st and 10 time and time again. With all that said, Brissett didn't look good today. 

Not quite true, Zack Pascal had a good game but Pascal can't do it all himself.

Drops didn’t help but this wasn’t his best game either.  Once again the chunk plays were missing and the Raiders were sitting on the run and had the two deep passes the Colts tried well covered.  Not Reich’s best day calling the plays but the drops were the biggest issue.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Not a good day. This is one of the problems I’ve feared with Brissett. He can manage the game, but he can’t really take it over. 

No one really helped him out today by any means, but even still, there’s a lack of killer instinct with him. 

Stop you sound ridiculous.  What did you expect with two rookie WR having to carry the game and all the drops. JB still had 3 TD.

• Like 1

The defense lost this game not JB. Receivers dropping passes lost this game not JB. Campbell’s fumble lost this game not JB.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Can't really spin it...not a good game for JB...but not terrible either. TDs are nice...but one is garbage time TD and another is from a botched handoff fumble. Ultimately, the pick 6 in crunch time sealed it. Not difficult to pick up that JB goes after that first read quite often. 

But even though this is a JB thread...this loss was on the team today...they looked mediocre. 

Cause they r mediocre 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Stop you sound ridiculous.  What did you expect with two rookie WR having to carry the game and all the drops. JB still had 3 TD.

Yep, and even with the awful pick 6 he's still at 3 TD 1 INT

In terms of individual effort this was a game with some warts but a pretty good effort. The D letting the Raiders have a quick 21 killed us today.

• Like 2

He does not read the defense well at all. He had Campbell wide open for a td and didnt even look his way. Hes done this several times this year. Misses wide open guys

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Cause they r mediocre 

They're mediocre without the team leaders that were not on the field today.  Any of Leonard, Hooker and Hilton being on the field probably gives us a different outcome.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

While I like the kid my guess is he's serviceable,not special 

These are the kinds of games that make me give pause about feeling comfortable with him.  

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich called a very bad offensive game. Campbell and Cain looked lost.

Campbell and Cain have looked lost all year.  I'm almost ready to stop waiting on them and start calling for Ballard to shore up the WR team.  

Right now our #2 receiver is Zack Pascal.  That's how bad Cain and Campbell have been.

• Like 1

Our young WR's need to get rid of their pacifiers. Time to step up which they aren't 

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

These are the kinds of games that make me give pause about feeling comfortable with him.  

Defense was worse than trash today.

Manning would've had a hard time keeping the game close.

• Like 1

week 4 impressions Pass rush needs to improve. Still too many third and longs being completed.

Team is still too reliant on T.y.Hilton on offense.

Brissett did well despite all the drops and us losing the turnover battle.  If not for all the drops he probably has a 400 yard 5 td game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The defense lost this game not JB. Receivers dropping passes lost this game not JB. Campbell’s fumble lost this game not JB.

Why did it take so long for someone to say this

• Like 1

He wasnt good today, the offense was almost as bad as the defense overall.  Jacoby needs to take some heat off of the ball, and make better reads