Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Raiders Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

3 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

I know what PFF is. I think it’s worthless. Prove teams “use” it.

What QB is the record holder in “ big time” throws. 

Its as as dumb as the “must win” claim.

Sir, do you know what Google is?

"As of 2019, PFF provides customized data to all 32 NFL teams, 62 NCAA FBS teams, 4 CFL teams, national/regional media . . ."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Football_Focus

Just now, zibby43 said:

Sir, do you know what Google is?

"As of 2019, PFF provides customized data to all 32 NFL teams, 62 NCAA FBS teams, 4 CFL teams, national/regional media . . ."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Football_Focus

Ok. But can you show me where they use “ big time” throws? I don’t believe for a second that it is used by teams. 

3 minutes ago, CobraKai344 said:

I’m still shocked we don’t on side kick that!  That was a horrible decision on Reich part!

Since they eliminated the running start on kickoffs, on-side kicks have gone from really difficult to almost impossible. When your defense has been struggling, the worst thing you can do is give the other team a short field.

• Like 1

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

Ok. But can you show me where they use “ big time” throws? I don’t believe for a second that it is used by teams. 

I already did above.  Clearly you haven't read (or watched) all of the information I kindly retrieved for you.  Besides, it's pointless.  You claim to know what PFF is, and that is trash (despite you clearly demonstrating that you don't know any of their terminology or grading system). 

All 32 NFL teams (and half of all NCAA teams) wouldn't pay for it if it is "trash."  It isn't perfect, but no statistical analyses are.  It is, however, far better at grading players (Are they assignment-sound?  How many downfield shots do they complete in tight windows?) than traditional statistics, which are oftentimes very deceiving (and sometimes downright useless).

I think I've proved my credibility (and patience) with you, and if you want to go learn more about the subject, please read.

Just now, zibby43 said:

I already did above.  Clearly you haven't read (or watched) all of the information I kindly retrieved for you.  Besides, it's pointless.  You claim to know what PFF is, and that is trash (despite you clearly demonstrating that you don't know any of their terminology or grading system). 

All 32 NFL teams (and half of all NCAA teams) wouldn't pay for it if it is "trash."  It isn't perfect, but no statistical analyses are.  It is, however, far better at grading players (Are they assignment-sound?  How many downfield shots do they complete in tight windows?) than traditional statistics, which are oftentimes very deceiving (and sometimes downright useless).

I think I've proved my credibility (and patience) with you, and if you want to go learn more about the subject, please read.

You haven’t. But nice try.

big time throw. Dumbest stuff  ever!

33 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He wouldn’t of had anyone to throw to in the 4th. Dropped balls ect. Just horrible. Next week is going to be bad. Rookie WR aren’t close to deserving more can playing time yet.

See 2012 roster. He could do it.

You also made a massive u turn there after banging the drum for Campbell. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

You haven’t. But nice try.

big time throw. Dumbest stuff  ever!

You seem to be caught up on the name "big time throw" without reading the written and video explanations explaining what that means, and how it can be objectively measured using a consistent grading system.

Other examples of statistics with odd names:

"Run stuff rate" - percentage of runs by RBs stopped at or behind the line of scrimmage.

"Power run success" - percentage of runs on third or fourth down, two yards or less to go, that achieved a first down or touchdown.

I can only lead a horse to water.  I can't make it drink.  Have a nice day.

5 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Not the defense we had hoped for.  No pass rush and Holes in the middle.  Tho i did think it was gonna be tuff to match the D play of last year.  The. D over-achieved last year I think. 

I think that's an accurate, honest take.  I would agree.

I have to admit, I'm shocked by how much of a non-factor the defensive line is.

I was banging the drum for an elite DL (e.g., Jerry Tillery) before the draft this year.  Anyone that could've injected much-needed size, the ability to eat up double teams for our LBs in the running game,  and a ferocious interior pass rush.