Indianapolis Colts
CR91

The most hated/disappointing colt?

This should be interesting. I have a few good ones off the top of my head.

- Trent the blind squirrel Richardson

- Fumble bandit Keith

- Mike the * kicker vanderjagt

- The greatest Wr hype of all time Roy Hall

- Hank super bowl mvp Baskett

- Ryan the linemen, but cant draft linemen Grigson

4 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Personally, I would change "hate" to "disappointed in". 

Better?

• Thanks 1

Hank Baskett or Ryan Grigson most definitely. 

Both arguably cost this team superbowls. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Not the most hated, but by far the most disappointing, in hindsight.....

Andrew Luck.

Now before you all flame me ,hear me out.  I think its the most disappointing not because of his play but because of how his career went. Yes, we can blame Grigson, Pags, the OL, heck, Jim Irsay etc. But Luck shares part of it too.  He never fully reached his prime, no championships, no MVPs, a couple pro-bowl alternates, thats it. Out of a once promising prospect, the best since Elway, the once in a generation talent, taken number 1 overall.   To me, the last 7 years have largely been a disappointment as we have nothing to show for the Luck era but drama and injuries.

I look at Luck as an unfinished book. You love the story being told and you have high hopes, but circumstances stop you from getting to the end

• Thanks 1

Wasn't Quinn Pitcock the guy who couldn't quit playing with his joystick? Colts 3rd round pick down the drain. NFL career down the drain. I find it kind of funny, but his parents were probably pretty disappointed. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I look at Luck as an unfinished book. You love the story being told and you have high hopes, but circumstances stop you from getting to the end

I agree but I look at it more as a movie that was highly touted, trailers looked great, reviews were good, however, after the 1st 1/3 of the movie, it dropped off and became a dud. 

• Haha 1

I don't think anyone was hated. Lots of players have been disappointing.

But, most vilified have been

Mike Vanderjagt by far

followed at a distance by

Trent Richardson

• Like 3

Hank Baskett IMO, if he does one simple thing like recover on onsides kick, we win the SB in 2009. Jeff George is in the discussion, he was a bust for us.

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

Does this weasel count?

I wouldn’t. Contract was never signed so he was never a Colt. In a weird way, I’m appreciative to him for giving us Reich.

Vanderjagt is a good one. Who is Hank Baskett?

Trent Richardson was just....*face palm* but those missed Vanderjagt kicks :hissy:

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I agree but I look at it more as a movie that was highly touted, trailers looked great, reviews were good, however, after the 1st 1/3 of the movie, it dropped off and became a dud. 

I don't think you can really call Andrew a dud because he cared more about his health. Hes financially secured for the rest of his life. Why continue to put his health at risk? Hes not a trained monkey for our entertainment.

1 minute ago, CamMo said:

I wouldn’t. Contract was never signed so he was never a Colt. In a weird way, I’m appreciative to him for giving us Reich.

Not sure if you're serious or not, but he dropped the ball on the onside in the super bowl vs the saints

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I don't think you can really call Andrew a dud because he cared more about his health. Hes financially secured for the rest of his life. Why continue to put his health at risk? Hes not a trained monkey for our entertainment.

I'm not saying he is, the dud was in reference to the movie I was painting a picture of.

Garçon super bowl drop. Could of went up 21-6 :Cry:don’t hate him, hate that moment 

Jacob burnt toast Lacey

Ryan

Hank

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Not sure if you're serious or not, but he dropped the ball on the onside in the super bowl vs the saints

Dead serious. For some reason, I don’t have many memories about that Super Bowl. I was in high school, must have had a lot going on haha 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I'm not saying he is, the dud was in reference to the movie I was painting a picture of.

Well the sad thing is, we never got to see the end of the movie

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hank Baskett IMO, if he does one simple thing like recover on onsides kick, we win the SB in 2009. Jeff George is in the discussion, he was a bust for us.

That liquored kicker of our's joins in the discussion too. His miss vs Pitt in the 2005 playoffs was pathetic.

16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

We could put some of that blame for that SB loss on Jim "deer in the headlights" Caldwell.  Seemed to me like he coached it like it was just another game of the season. So he gets an honorable mention from me on most disappointing Colt.

Although that play with Hank was awful.

34 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Not the most hated, but by far the most disappointing, in hindsight.....

Andrew Luck.

Now before you all flame me ,hear me out.  I think its the most disappointing not because of his play but because of how his career went. Yes, we can blame Grigson, Pags, the OL, heck, Jim Irsay etc. But Luck shares part of it too.  He never fully reached his prime, no championships, no MVPs, a couple pro-bowl alternates, thats it. Out of a once promising prospect, the best since Elway, the once in a generation talent, taken number 1 overall.   To me, the last 7 years have largely been a disappointment as we have nothing to show for the Luck era but drama and injuries.

The worst part for me is that the Irsay cleaned house for Luck, just for him to retire. 

But I would not ever consider Luck hated. 

Trent Richardson is the most hated Colt bar none, imo

• Like 1

Just now, gspdx said:

We could put some of that blame for that SB loss on Jim "deer in the headlights" Caldwell.  Seemed to me like he coached it like it was just another game of the season. So he gets an honorable mention from me on most disappointing Colt.

Although that play with Hank was awful.

Well he coached almost a perfect season, so his blank stare seemed to work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Curtis Painter for some but not me 

He is/was a fellow Big 8er 

Painter was loved here, he just couldn't play haha . He was never expected to do anything.

Jeff George definitely deserves more mentions, and I was pretty young during those days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ryan Grigson for ruining Luck, and Luck himself for retiring after Ballard put together a great team for him.

That is a great point, I had Baskett, George, and the Kicker we had before Vinny haha . Having said that Grigs sucked.

• Like 1

Gotta be Grigson right?  "Hate" is a bit strong tho, as a society we use that word too casually.

32 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I don't think anyone was hated. Lots of players have been disappointing.

But, most vilified have been

Mike Vanderjagt by far

followed at a distance by

Trent Richardson

Yeah I left Trent out, great call Nadine.

• Like 1

The most disappointed I've been as a Colts fan was when Luck abruptly retired. I sort of understand why, but when he did it and how it was leaked was extremely disappointing. 

38 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Well technically speaking, he wasn't a colt, but sure why not

38 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Trent Richardson was just....*face palm* but those missed Vanderjagt kicks :hissy:

Fair enough...I’m glad he never wore the horseshoe.

Not sure why my post was deleted?