Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

9/25 Injury Report

Fisticuffs111

19 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

To be fair Nelson has a motor that doesn’t stop. Nelson is a guy who at ten years old put himself on a diet and workout plan because he was to big to play pee wee football. The guy is a freak.

Nelson has a motor that doesn't stop that is true.  But I've known quite a few kids that put themselves on a diet and work out plan to lose weight to meet the Pop Warner weight limits.  It's not that unusual.

• Like 3

Do we know when in the Titans game Leonard got the concussion? How long in that game did he play with a concussion? I know the story that he experienced concussion like symptoms after the game, I just hope he gets back to being himself  regardless the time needed to recover. He’s a cornerstone to our team.

29 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, I'm just kinda worried about Leonard for his sake at this point. If he's still missing practice next week then that'll be legitimately concerning.

Wilson missed three games last year and Geathers two games with a concussion.

Leonard missing this game doesn’t bother me. What does is possibly only having 7 d linemen and Turay and Banogu having to play a ton of run downs. They aren’t run stoppers. Desir doesn’t bother me to much either. They don’t have a elite WR and I think Wilson and rock will do fine. Jacobs is going to be a problem. Praying sheard might play. This game is going to have a lot of points scored. If TY can’t go that will be a double whammy on offense and defense.

Missing Leonard bothers me more than anything. Okereke got swallowed up whole on several running downs last week. The first big run seemed right at him and he was totally knocked out of the picture. If Leonard is out, I'd prefer they keep Walker at Mike, and let Okereke and Speed split WILL.

We'll still be vulnerable, but at least you only have one back up playing, instead of two guys playing out of position. Regardless, I think you'll see our D sell out more for the run than anything else. I just hope our DBs play less soft than in previous games. Carr has a bad WR group, but he is highly accurate on the dink and dunk stuff. 

I don't see the Raiders going air raid, but I do see them targeting Waller (TE) 10+ times. If we go up early, I can see our DBs getting INTs, and our DL getting sacks. 

• Like 1

Yep getting the lead is going to be huge. We have to force him to pass. Otherwise we will just get it run down our throats and void the pass rush. Turay isn’t a run guy and neither is Banagu.  This might be a game we want the ball first. Okereke was a typical rookie. He had some great plays and some bad plays. Hopefully he is a quick learner and will improve from last week. Desir was practicing on a side field with a trainer so hopefully that is a good thing.

1 minute ago, AustexColt said:

My biggest concern is that Darius Leonard concussion is more serious than it is being reported. I read that post traumatic concussion can take 3 months or more. The symptoms range from dizziness, headaches, limited processing of information and sensitivity with light. 

Wilson missed three games last year and Geathers two with one.

32 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am always like that lol. Things usually don’t go as bad as they seem. Lol. This game is so dang important. I really don’t care if we lose to KC but we can’t lose to Oakland.

Not trying to be rude, but in almost every post you mention how we have almost no hope of beating KC.

The Chiefs are playing good ball, no doubt.

But come on. Do you really think they are hands and feet (above us) and the rest?

The Colts are certainly not playing the way I had hoped, but yet we are 2-1

It's the NFL.

You never know from week to week what will happen.

I have come to learn to... expect the unexpected.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Not trying to be rude, but in almost every post you mention how we have almost no hope of beating KC.

But come on. Do you really think they are hands and feet (above us) and the rest?

It's the NFL.

Yes they are that much better. You are right weird things can happen any given game. Mahomes could have a bad game and have a bunch of INT or fumble the ball. Right now you look at our defense and there isn’t anyway we can even come close to being able to compete with that offense without weied things happening. I know the team will be pumped up after the loss last season but just being real. It’s not like our defense is looking very good right now. I am concerned we won’t even be able to beat Oakland with all the injuries on defense.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yes they are that much better. You are right weird things can happen any given game. Mahomes could have a bad game and have a bunch of INT or fumble the ball. Right now you look at our defense and there isn’t anyway we can even come close to being able to compete with that offense without weied things happening. I know the team will be pumped up after the loss last season but just being real. It’s not like our defense is looking very good right now. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I am not yet ready to crown Patrick Mahomes just yet.

Right now just concerned about Oakland with all the injuries. That is going to be much tougher then anyone thinks. Mahomes is real. It’s now the second season he is doing the same thing. The only defense that seems to be able to slow him down is NE. He even had them figured out by the second half of that game last year.

Last year we stunk in KC. But one of our biggest problems was failure to  block Dee Ford.

I mean we didnt even try to block him. Blown assignments? 

Ford is no longer in KC. So at least thats something.

I would expect the Colts have to look better than that, this time around.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Right now just concerned about Oakland with all the injuries. That is going to be much tougher then anyone thinks. Mahomes is real. It’s now the second season he is doing the same thing. The only defense that seems to be able to slow him down is NE. Even even had them figured out by the second half of that game last year.

Right. Lets worry about the Raiders (who could easily win).

Why even mention KC at this point?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Right now just concerned about Oakland with all the injuries. That is going to be much tougher then anyone thinks. Mahomes is real. It’s now the second season he is doing the same thing. The only defense that seems to be able to slow him down is NE. Even even had them figured out by the second half of that game last year.

As crazy as it may sound... I'll take Brissett over Mahomes.

Pat Mcafee made a good point in one of the other threads. Giving Brissett some credit this early in their careers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Last year we stunk in KC. But one of our biggest problems was failure to  block Dee Ford.

I mean we didnt even try to block him. Blown assignments? 

Ford is no longer in KC. So at least thats something.

I would expect the Colts have to look better than that, this time around.

Despite how bad we played we were missed kicks away from making it a seven point game. Vinny can’t do that again there. 

On 9/25/2019 at 6:03 PM, Chloe6124 said:

The only way we have a slight chance is we run the ball and use the clock and keep it out of Mahomes hands or KC makes a ton of mistakes. 

That strategy never really worked all that well for teams playing against the Peyton Manning led Colts.  Remember that crazy game against the Dolphins?

2 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

It's the NFL.

Absolutely Colts 1959! 

Any Given Sunday! Important thing is going 1-0, the Raiders are the Main thing.

I'm going to make the same statement I made last year against Buffalo. This is a good opportunity to grab a weaker opponent by the throat and shake the life out of them. The better team is the Colts and we should go out there and show exactly that. From start to finish it should be clear who came to handle their  business. We should win this game by at least 14 points.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm going to make the same statement I made last year against Buffalo. This is a good opportunity to grab a weaker opponent by the throat and shake the life out of them. The better team is the Colts and we should go out there and show exactly that. From start to finish it should be clear who came to handle their  business. We should win this game by at least 14 points.

I agree. Teams that start 3-1 also make the playoffs 75% of the time. Time to take care of business!

1 hour ago, krunk said:

True. We were more healthy though vs the Bills and the Raiders of this year are not as impotent on offense as the Bills with Nathan Peterman/Derek Anderson, IMO.

Remember, our game vs Terrell Pryor led Raiders where we struggled to contain QB runs during Pagano era and got a close win?? 

58 minutes ago, chad72 said:

True. We were more healthy though vs the Bills and the Raiders of this year are not as impotent on offense as the Bills with Nathan Peterman/Derek Anderson, IMO.

Yeah, it'll definitely be different on defense without Hooker, Leonard, and potentially some DL. Jacobs and Waller are probably gonna put up some good numbers.

14 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, it'll definitely be different on defense without Hooker, Leonard, and potentially some DL. Jacobs and Waller are probably gonna put up some good numbers.

Eberflus' improvization skills are going to be tested, IMO.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Willis was playing great at SS.  It’s going to hurt not having him there I assume Odum will play a lot at SS to relieve Geathers.  He will need to step up. He is a physical player so I think he can do it. TY is in the lockeroom this morning horsing around so hopefully he is good to go.

Even if TY goes, I have a feeling they will limit his snaps.