Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

9/25 Injury Report

Fisticuffs111

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Khari Willis today said he had lots of experience at FA safety in college. Let’s hope he balls out. Lewis is also not practicing due to a ankle.

I feel like Willis is more like an in the box safety (more like Geathers). But yes I agree, let's hope he plays well. 

Hooker's presence will definitely be missed! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ryan kelly is also not practicing. I don’t suspect it is anything serious since he played every snap sunday.

We have to have some concern about Kelly. He has a injury history. I also question his conditioning at times. Always seems gassed in the 3rd quarter. Look for Nelson mic’d up clip for proof. Q called him out for being tired lol 

34 minutes ago, a06cc said:

We have to have some concern about Kelly. He has a injury history. I also question his conditioning at times. Always seems gassed in the 3rd quarter. Look for Nelson mic’d up clip for proof. Q called him out for being tired lol 

Add Lewis and Hooker to the injury history report. Colts have not been lucky with these Ohio State players over the years. 

39 minutes ago, a06cc said:

To be fair Nelson has a motor that doesn’t stop. Nelson is a guy who at ten years old put himself on a diet and workout plan because he was to big to play pee wee football. The guy is a freak.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ryan Kelly has a illness not injury. Hopefully Desir didn’t hurt his hamstring go bad. All in all this is good considering how many guys went in and out Sunday.

I’d like to see Sheard get back. 

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

It's Wednesday.. 

Doesn’t matter. There are steps in the protocol and if he still isn’t out there today it’s very unlikely he will clear those steps to play. Of course he still could but it’s doubtful.  Not going to panic with the defense yet. Have to wait until Friday. If AQM can’t go and sheard still doesn’t play we are going to get killed in the run game. This game isn’t looking good for the defense right now. This very well could be a ugly game.

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Carr completes 70 percent  of passes yet somehow got blown  out by Vikings. Strange. 

Their defense is bad. This could turn into a shootout with us being banged up and then having a bad defense. We need run to work clock. I just don’t like the feel of this game and then having to play KC.

21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Doesn’t matter. There are steps in the protocol and if he still isn’t out there today it’s very unlikely he will clear those steps to play. Of course he still could but it’s doubtful.  Not going to panic with the defense yet. Have to wait until Friday. If AQM can’t go and sheard still doesn’t play we are going to get killed in the run game. This game isn’t looking good for the defense right now. This very well could be a ugly game.

What are the steps and time frames? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Raiders look really bad their last 2 games, it might be a good week to let some guys get healthy while still pulling out a win. We have a huge game in KC next week than the Bye will provide some relief.

Your going to get in trouble thinking that way. If they can go they will go. This game is more important then the KC game.

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Since he isnt limited in practice yet he hasn’t cleared even the first two steps. He has to practice a full practice without symptoms before he can play. I think there are five steps.

So you’re not 100% sure on the steps but felt quite definitive that he won’t clear by Sunday. 

AFAIK football specific activities aren’t until step 4 and the protocol itself is clear there is no set time frames for steps. 

We have no idea basically. 

36 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Their defense is bad. This could turn into a shootout with us being banged up and then having a bad defense. We need run to work clock. I just don’t like the feel of this game and then having to play KC.

Do you like the feel of any game?  You have felt this way as it has gotten closer to every game we've played this year . In one way or the other.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, braveheartcolt said:

It definitely is not.

It is. The chances of winning that KC game are like 5%. Thinking a team is so bad you can just sit players is a bad mindset. Reich even talked about how critical this game is. Reich isn’t thinking that at all. You can’t go into that Texan game losing two in a row. That game is going to be hard. Players have even mentioned that we can’t have a big hole again like last year. Players have talked about how difficult that was to dig out of. If a player would normally go they will go on Sunday. I guarantee Reich isn’t thinking like that. Especially with the defensive injuries. No one knows how that could effect us Sunday. You need everyone who can go on offense.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It is. The chances of winning that KC game are like 5%. Thinking a team is so bad you can just sit players is a bad mindset. Reich even talked about how critical this game is. Reich isn’t thinking that at all. You can’t go into that Texan game losing two in a row. That game is going to be hard. Players have even mentioned that we can’t have a big hole again like last year. Players have talked about how difficult that was to dig out of. If a player would normally go they will go on Sunday. I guarantee Reich isn’t thinking like that. Especially with the defensive injuries. No one knows how that could effect us Sunday. You need everyone who can go on offense.

lol what makes you think are chances of beating KC are 5%, i actually think we matchup decently well with them, run the ball down their throats, short passes, control the clock and keep Mahomes off the field. 

28 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

It definitely is not.

If we were competing  for one of the top to seeds then winning  both games would be important.  Being that I believe  the kc game is unwinnable with our current  talent beating  Oakland  is more important.

12 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

lol what makes you think are chances of beating KC are 5%, i actually think we matchup decently well with them, run the ball down their throats, short passes, control the clock and keep Mahomes off the field. 

We couldn't  do that in our playoff  game against  them and probably  won't  now. With hooker out I see Mahomes scoring a td every drive. They could literally  hold the ball for 15 minutes  and still beat us.

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

We couldn't  do that in our playoff  game against  them and probably  won't  now. With hooker out I see Mahomes scoring a td every drive. They could literally  hold the ball for 15 minutes  and still beat us.

The only way we have a slight chance is we run the ball and use the clock and keep it out of Mahomes hands or KC makes a ton of mistakes. 

28 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I think Mahomes  breaks the passing  td rec in a game against  our secondary. 

Another reason you don’t take a chance and sit players because you think you can beat them is you do still have to look ahead. The chargers are getting Gordon back and play three bad teams the next three weeks. IF we don’t win the division you still want a wild card. Ravens and chargers are going to be battling the division and have a great chance to get two teams in the playoffs. The bills look like they might have something also. You have to treat injuries like any other game not thinking you can beat a team sitting a player who might normally play.