Colts Team & Player Stats Through 3 Weeks

Offense

PPG: 23.3 (12th)

Total Yards Per Game: 347.7 (19th)

3rd Down Conversion Rate: 54% (T-3rd)

Sacks Allowed: 6 (T-12th)

Defense

PPG Allowed: 23.7 (20th)

Total Yards Per Game Allowed: 358.3 (18th)

3rd Down Conversion Rate Allowed: 53% (5th most)

Sacks: 8 (T-13th)

Players

Jacoby Brissett: 7 TD Passes (T-4th), 646 Pass Yards (24th), 71.7% completion percentage (9th), QB Rating 112 (9th)

Marlon Mack: 61 carries (1st), 299 rush yards (3rd), 2 Rush TDs (T-7th), 22 First Downs (1st)

T.Y. Hilton: 20 Rec (T-8th), 4 TDs (T-1st), 195 Rec Yards (38th)

Anthony Walker: 24 Tackles (T-30th)

Denico Autry: 2.5 Sacks (T-18th)

Rigoberto Sanchez: 9 Punts (T-8th), 45.4 Avg (19th), 39.2 Net Avg (T-27th) 

They were not kidding about getting TY more changes in the redzone. Dude has been on fire. Really hope the quad isn't too bad, offense looks completely different with him out there on passing plays. 

Defense needs to improve big time. Never thought the offense would be the least of our worries.

• Like 1

Still early but it seems like our punt coverage is sketchy this year (not surprising without Chris Milton). Not that Rigo's really booming them like usual, in the back half of the league.

Seems like Margus Hunts been kind of dead out there to me.  I don't have any stats but that's what it's felt like. 

• Like 2

Reich said Jacoby was a top 20 QB. Right now he seems to be playing like a top ten QB.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Seems like Margus Hunts been kind of dead out there to me.  I don't have any stats but that's what it's felt like. 

I was thinking that too. He was all over the place last year and this year I feel like I've barely heard/seen him. Sometimes that's a good thing but not sure if he's making plays or not. 

1 minute ago, cjrulli said:

I was thinking that too. He was all over the place last year and this year I feel like I've barely heard/seen him. Sometimes that's a good thing but not sure if he's making plays or not. 

Age wise I sort of thought it was time to let him go, but he played pretty well last year.  Still 14 more games to play though.

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Age wise I sort of thought it was time to let him go, but he played pretty well last year.  Still 14 more games to play though.

If you remember back to the unofficial depth charts, Lewis was actually listed ahead of Hunt on the depth chart, but he's really taken a step back so they had to put Hunt in there.

I do forsee Stewart taking over as the starter before too long, or if not the starter at least taking more snaps.  His (Stewarts) snap count has gone from 20% to 41% to 52% in the first three weeks.  I think right around 60% will be a good number for him.

Lewis on the other hand was a scratch week 1, saw 53% of the snaps week 2 and 13% week 3.  That, too me, is telling because the Colts really could have used pass rush help but they do not think Lewis is that player... at least not yet.

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

If you remember back to the unofficial depth charts, Lewis was actually listed ahead of Hunt on the depth chart, but he's really taken a step back so they had to put Hunt in there.

I do forsee Stewart taking over as the starter before too long, or if not the starter at least taking more snaps.  His (Stewarts) snap count has gone from 20% to 41% to 52% in the first three weeks.  I think right around 60% will be a good number for him.

Lewis on the other hand was a scratch week 1, saw 53% of the snaps week 2 and 13% week 3.  That, too me, is telling because the Colts really could have used pass rush help but they do not think Lewis is that player... at least not yet.

Lewis didn’t play much second half because he hurt his foot. He ended up with a boot on his foot.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Lewis didn’t play much second half because he hurt his foot. He ended up with a boot on his foot.

That would explain it.  Still, he didn't do anything with his 53% in the titans game and he didn't do anything in Falcons game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

That would explain it.  Still, he didn't do anything with his 53% in the titans game and he didn't do anything in Falcons game.

He isn’t going to be a sack guy because he isn’t playing DE anymore.

7 hours ago, Caleb3502 said:

Marlon Mack:  22 First Downs (1st)

This is an eye-popping statistic.

He leads all backs and receivers with 22 1st downs.

30 minutes ago, krunk said:

He gets held some. Finally got a call Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don't really care about sacks, they are nice and needed but it's way down on my list of how I gauge the effectiveness of a dlineman.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, krunk said:

In 3 games, he has played a total of 100 defensive snaps.  He has 3 total tackles (1 solo, 2 assist).  He had 30 total tackles and 5 sacks in 2018.  

I'm disappointed in the sacks we've allowed.... #12 in the league??? Hopefully those were mostly coverage sacks.

19 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I'm disappointed in the sacks we've allowed.... #12 in the league??? Hopefully those were mostly coverage sacks.

We were so good last year. Luck was a major reason for that.  If JB improves his pocket awareness that will help. But let’s put it in perspective how good we were. If a team allowed around 30 sacks or under that put  then in the top five in 2018. Don’t think we played very good teams with good pass rush either. If we can keep the sacks to around thirty or a little less that should be at the top of the league by the end of the year. Mariota is on schedule for 91 sacks lol. Seems Houston might of found a solution to their oline problem but Watson is on schedule for 64 If it doesn’t work.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Been thinking the same exact thing. At least, very much unlike last year when he was living in the opposing team's backfield.

38 minutes ago, Caleb3502 said:

In 3 games, he has played a total of 100 defensive snaps.  He has 3 total tackles (1 solo, 2 assist).  He had 30 total tackles and 5 sacks in 2018.  

Because of that start last year he got doubled just about every time he was in the game after game 5 or 6.

This year, he is still getting doubled a lot, although I don't think it's warranted like last year.

47 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

28 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We were so good last year. Luck was a major reason for that.  If JB improves his pocket awareness that will help. But let’s put it in perspective how good we were. If a team allowed around 30 sacks or under that put  then in the top five in 2018. Don’t think we played very good teams with good pass rush either. If we can keep the sacks to around thirty or a little less that should be at the top of the league by the end of the year. Mariota is on schedule for 91 sacks lol. Seems Houston might of found a solution to their oline problem but Watson is on schedule for 64 If it doesn’t work.

If it makes the statistic look better, I meant to say they are tied for 12th in fewest sacks allowed.  The lowest in the league is 2 and the highest allowed is 17.  So they are still doing a decent job of keeping JB upright. 

• Like 2

Most of the numbers are respectable. I am still optimistic the defense will improve. But they play a numbers game. The high number of 3rd down conversions given up is due to fear of the Falcons deep game. Honestly I think they played it right to ensure the best chance for a win.

They may become a bit more of a shutdown defense as the season progresses. Depends on injuries

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Lewis' count was down in the last game because he was injured early, not from a decision or plan regarding number of plays.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, unitas2berry said:

Lewis' count was down in the last game because he was injured early, not from a decision or plan regarding number of plays.

Thanks, Chloe pointed that out as well.

10 hours ago, Caleb3502 said:

Offense

PPG: 23.3 (12th)

Defense

PPG Allowed: 23.7 (20th)

3rd Down Conversion Rate Allowed: 53% (5th most)

Defense has allowed 7 TD's passing (t-25th), 2 TD's rushing (t-10th) vs 3 field goals. 9 TD's vs 3 FG's - 75/25 ratio.  At 50/50 the points against would be 60 (t-10th) and at 25/75 the points against would be 48 (6th).

3rd down conversion defense and redzone passing defense aren't solid (yet).

Team:

Points For 70, Points Against 71, Team Net Points -1 (15th).

We actually played great defense on 1st and second down in that second half of the falcons game which is encouraging. Just need to tighten up on 3rd down. I still don’t understand why Desir was on Ridley and not Julio.

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If anything...him playing DT should increase his chances of getting sacks. He is not a good at rushing from the DE position...at least at the NFL level.

4 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Been thinking the same exact thing. At least, very much unlike last year when he was living in the opposing team's backfield.

One time he chased Ryan out of the pocket.  Another play he made by getting his hands up and made Ryan alter his throw off-target, incomplete.  Other than those two plays O didn't see much from him last game.  He seemed invisible against Tenn.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Fair enough. Plenty of time to balance out in the long run.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

One time he chased Ryan out of the pocket.  Another play he made by getting his hands up and made Ryan alter his throw off-target, incomplete.  Other than those two plays O didn't see much from him last game.  He seemed invisible against Tenn.

Ah yes, I actually do remember that. Probably the closest we came to getting a sack against Ryan.

The second half of that falcons game was a mess on the defense. Guys going in and out with injuries. Kenny Moore missing snaps. Rock went down with a injury for awhile.  When you look around the league it’s hard to keep a big lead. I think Hunt will be fine.

Players

Jacoby Brissett: 7 TD Passes (T-4th), 646 Pass Yards (24th), 71.7% completion percentage (9th), QB Rating 112 (9th)

So literally a top 10 QB through 3 weeks.  Nice!

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The second half of that falcons game was a mess on the defense. Guys going in and out with injuries. Kenny Moore missing snaps. Rock went down with a injury for awhile.  When you look around the league it’s hard to keep a big lead. I think Hunt will be fine.

I think he'll pick it up to some degree (not to the extent of last season, 13 TFL and 5 sacks), but his play is something to keep an eye on. He is 32 after all. We'll see what happens.

Listening to a podcast they said Margus Hunt was a winner Sunday. They mentioned Atlanta was double teaming him the first half. They said the second half for some weird reason they were dropping him into coverage which isn’t is strength at all. That might of been due to injuries.