Caleb3502

Offense

PPG: 23.3 (12th)

Total Yards Per Game: 347.7 (19th)

3rd Down Conversion Rate: 54% (T-3rd)

Sacks Allowed: 6 (T-12th)

Defense

PPG Allowed: 23.7 (20th)

Total Yards Per Game Allowed: 358.3 (18th)

3rd Down Conversion Rate Allowed: 53% (5th most)

Sacks: 8 (T-13th)

Players

Jacoby Brissett: 7 TD Passes (T-4th), 646 Pass Yards (24th), 71.7% completion percentage (9th), QB Rating 112 (9th)

Marlon Mack: 61 carries (1st), 299 rush yards (3rd), 2 Rush TDs (T-7th), 22 First Downs (1st)

T.Y. Hilton: 20 Rec (T-8th), 4 TDs (T-1st), 195 Rec Yards (38th)

Anthony Walker: 24 Tackles (T-30th)

Denico Autry: 2.5 Sacks (T-18th)

Rigoberto Sanchez: 9 Punts (T-8th), 45.4 Avg (19th), 39.2 Net Avg (T-27th) 

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Seems like Margus Hunts been kind of dead out there to me.  I don't have any stats but that's what it's felt like. 

I was thinking that too. He was all over the place last year and this year I feel like I've barely heard/seen him. Sometimes that's a good thing but not sure if he's making plays or not. 

1 minute ago, cjrulli said:

I was thinking that too. He was all over the place last year and this year I feel like I've barely heard/seen him. Sometimes that's a good thing but not sure if he's making plays or not. 

Age wise I sort of thought it was time to let him go, but he played pretty well last year.  Still 14 more games to play though.

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Age wise I sort of thought it was time to let him go, but he played pretty well last year.  Still 14 more games to play though.

If you remember back to the unofficial depth charts, Lewis was actually listed ahead of Hunt on the depth chart, but he's really taken a step back so they had to put Hunt in there.

I do forsee Stewart taking over as the starter before too long, or if not the starter at least taking more snaps.  His (Stewarts) snap count has gone from 20% to 41% to 52% in the first three weeks.  I think right around 60% will be a good number for him.

Lewis on the other hand was a scratch week 1, saw 53% of the snaps week 2 and 13% week 3.  That, too me, is telling because the Colts really could have used pass rush help but they do not think Lewis is that player... at least not yet.

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

If you remember back to the unofficial depth charts, Lewis was actually listed ahead of Hunt on the depth chart, but he's really taken a step back so they had to put Hunt in there.

I do forsee Stewart taking over as the starter before too long, or if not the starter at least taking more snaps.  His (Stewarts) snap count has gone from 20% to 41% to 52% in the first three weeks.  I think right around 60% will be a good number for him.

Lewis on the other hand was a scratch week 1, saw 53% of the snaps week 2 and 13% week 3.  That, too me, is telling because the Colts really could have used pass rush help but they do not think Lewis is that player... at least not yet.

Lewis didn’t play much second half because he hurt his foot. He ended up with a boot on his foot.

46 minutes ago, krunk said:

Seems like Margus Hunts been kind of dead out there to me.  I don't have any stats but that's what it's felt like. 

In 3 games, he has played a total of 100 defensive snaps.  He has 3 total tackles (1 solo, 2 assist).  He had 30 total tackles and 5 sacks in 2018.  

19 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I'm disappointed in the sacks we've allowed.... #12 in the league??? Hopefully those were mostly coverage sacks.

We were so good last year. Luck was a major reason for that.  If JB improves his pocket awareness that will help. But let’s put it in perspective how good we were. If a team allowed around 30 sacks or under that put  then in the top five in 2018. Don’t think we played very good teams with good pass rush either. If we can keep the sacks to around thirty or a little less that should be at the top of the league by the end of the year. Mariota is on schedule for 91 sacks lol. Seems Houston might of found a solution to their oline problem but Watson is on schedule for 64 If it doesn’t work.

38 minutes ago, Caleb3502 said:

In 3 games, he has played a total of 100 defensive snaps.  He has 3 total tackles (1 solo, 2 assist).  He had 30 total tackles and 5 sacks in 2018.  

Because of that start last year he got doubled just about every time he was in the game after game 5 or 6.

This year, he is still getting doubled a lot, although I don't think it's warranted like last year.

47 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I'm disappointed in the sacks we've allowed.... #12 in the league??? Hopefully those were mostly coverage sacks.

28 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We were so good last year. Luck was a major reason for that.  If JB improves his pocket awareness that will help. But let’s put it in perspective how good we were. If a team allowed around 30 sacks or under that put  then in the top five in 2018. Don’t think we played very good teams with good pass rush either. If we can keep the sacks to around thirty or a little less that should be at the top of the league by the end of the year. Mariota is on schedule for 91 sacks lol. Seems Houston might of found a solution to their oline problem but Watson is on schedule for 64 If it doesn’t work.

If it makes the statistic look better, I meant to say they are tied for 12th in fewest sacks allowed.  The lowest in the league is 2 and the highest allowed is 17.  So they are still doing a decent job of keeping JB upright. 

• Like 2

Most of the numbers are respectable. I am still optimistic the defense will improve. But they play a numbers game. The high number of 3rd down conversions given up is due to fear of the Falcons deep game. Honestly I think they played it right to ensure the best chance for a win.

They may become a bit more of a shutdown defense as the season progresses. Depends on injuries

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Lewis' count was down in the last game because he was injured early, not from a decision or plan regarding number of plays.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Caleb3502 said:

Offense

PPG: 23.3 (12th)

Defense

PPG Allowed: 23.7 (20th)

3rd Down Conversion Rate Allowed: 53% (5th most)

Defense has allowed 7 TD's passing (t-25th), 2 TD's rushing (t-10th) vs 3 field goals. 9 TD's vs 3 FG's - 75/25 ratio.  At 50/50 the points against would be 60 (t-10th) and at 25/75 the points against would be 48 (6th).

3rd down conversion defense and redzone passing defense aren't solid (yet).

Team:

Points For 70, Points Against 71, Team Net Points -1 (15th).

4 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Been thinking the same exact thing. At least, very much unlike last year when he was living in the opposing team's backfield.

One time he chased Ryan out of the pocket.  Another play he made by getting his hands up and made Ryan alter his throw off-target, incomplete.  Other than those two plays O didn't see much from him last game.  He seemed invisible against Tenn.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Fair enough. Plenty of time to balance out in the long run.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

One time he chased Ryan out of the pocket.  Another play he made by getting his hands up and made Ryan alter his throw off-target, incomplete.  Other than those two plays O didn't see much from him last game.  He seemed invisible against Tenn.

Ah yes, I actually do remember that. Probably the closest we came to getting a sack against Ryan.

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The second half of that falcons game was a mess on the defense. Guys going in and out with injuries. Kenny Moore missing snaps. Rock went down with a injury for awhile.  When you look around the league it’s hard to keep a big lead. I think Hunt will be fine.

I think he'll pick it up to some degree (not to the extent of last season, 13 TFL and 5 sacks), but his play is something to keep an eye on. He is 32 after all. We'll see what happens.