Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich: Jacoby Brissett 'was unreal' in Colts win

csmopar

1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

Like it or not Reich has us playing New England football.  The commitment to possession football, discipline and eliminating mistakes combined with 2 different quarterbacks lifted from the Patriots roster makes the comparison write itself.

That is complete and utter nonsense.  Reich is playing his own brand of football.  A lot of teams work on and implement discipline, eliminating mistakes (actually that is a phrase EVERY COACH uses and possession football, especially if the other team can score quickly.  As far as two different quarterbacks, that is again, nonsense.  Last year the patriots had a WR and TE they lifted from the Colts, does not mean Belicheck had them playing the Colts passing game?

And none of that has anything to do with my post which was giving Reich and his staff credit for JB's improvement, not the coach he played for 4 years ago.

1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

Personally I think it's overdue.  If you struggle to beat an opponent it's never a bad idea to learn from them.

Big difference from learning from than and copying them.  I'm sure Reich and company learn from every team they play, even the ones they beat.

I still find it hard to believe that Willis will start in front of Odum.  Makes no sense. Willis is the backup SS and Odum is the backup FS.  Willis has been getting increased snaps but at SS.  I can see them trying him at FS at practice but Odum seems like the safer choice come game time.  He did win the job after all.    

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I still find it hard to believe that Willis will start in front of Odum.  Makes no sense. Willis is the backup SS and Odum is the backup FS.  Willis has been getting increased snaps but at SS.  I can see them trying him at FS at practice but Odum seems like the safer choice come game time.  He did win the job after all.    

Why is it hard to believe that a staff that watches these players every day determine one player better than the other?  I don't find it hard to believe at all

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich said a few weeks. Hopefully he will be back by the Texan game.

Possible, but optimistic.  I expect Hooker back by Steelers or Dolphins game.  I also think they might let TY have a week or 2 (+ bye?) to get the quad healthier again.  Can't have him going out of the game every second half.