Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Raiders game, 3-1?

rockywoj

3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Nor can Houston hang with KC.  Houston is the same as they always are... they are a paper tiger.  They have about 3 more weeks of looking like a good football team before they start folding.

Watson can be electric. I could see him playing out if his mind and wining a game like that. They have way better of a chance of hanging with KC then the colts I think.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Anyone know much about the raiders dline and oline.

The saints looked really good with bridgewater yesterday.

The Saints didn't look good on offense.  They only gained 250 yds.  They had a punt return TD and fumble return TD that made a pretty pedestrian offensive day look good on the score page.

And I can almost guarantee you a loss if we give up TD on a PR and a fumble.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Watson can be electric. I could see him playing out if his mind and wining a game like that. They have way better of a chance of hanging with KC then the colts I think.

I don't. The way you play a high powered team like KC is exactly how teams used to play the late 2000's Colt's. Keeping their offense off the field by having 7-9 min drives and being very very physical.

Houston's offensive line isn't good enough to sustain long drives like that all game IMO. They very much remind me of the Colt's team from Lucks first couple of years. Dynamic QB, average RBs, porous OL (minus a spot or two) and decent skill players. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Myles said:

Yep.   I don't think the Raiders are as bad as some think they are.  

Carr is completing 74% of his passes so far.  Jacobs is rushing for over 5 yards a carry.  

It really hurts with the lid off of our Defense with Hooker out.  He is probably the most important player on the team but is almost without question the most important player on our D.  I think most of the posters here greatly undervalue what he accomplishes out there.

The 3rd quarter reveals it quite a bit.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Kc will destroy  the texans. They struggle  versus speedy wrs and all of kc wrs have speed. It's  like a team of Hilton's.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

No defense can keep up with KC. My point was I think Watson can have a game that can keep up with them.

Chiefs get ahead and take their foot off the gas allowing games to be closer than they should be. Case in point - both Jaguars and Ravens games where they gave points in prevent mode though with the Ravens, it was a closer one when the points were given. Raiders were more inept on offense than Jaguars and Ravens, that is saying something. :) 

14 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I don’t believe in the concept of “trap” games.  I thinks that’s a fan misconception. Pretty sure the pros all understand the thin line between winning and losing and thus the need to take every team seriously. 

I'm not sure about that in general.  There are times IMO when teams are not as prepared mentally as possible.  Even pros.  IT's just human nature.

HOWEVER, this Colts team surely isn't overlooking ANYBODY.  Haven't proven anything and have significant injuries.  I can't imagine a Colts trap game this weekend.  That would be disturbing.

Obviously the Cheifs will lose at some point, probably even multiple games, but I don't see the Texans hanging with them in KC's house.

I think KC potentially loses to the Pats on the road and maybe a game or two in their division. If the Bears weren't struggling so much on offense I'd say that could be an interesting game, but I don't think Trubisky will get it done.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Texans still have to play at KC, at Baltimore, and vs the Patriots. I do not see them winning any of those games. At Jags will be tough as well. I think it will come down to our head to head matchups with them regarding who wins the division.

I think they have a harder schedule then the colts. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Something to watch Sunday. I have several mentions on twitter that Oakland wants to give Jacobs more carries. I think he had 25 against the Vikings. Colts will need to buckle down on that.

He and Waller are the guys to keep an eye on. He got 20+ carries in week 1, almost 100 yards on just 12 carries in week 2, and dealt with an injury/illness in week 3. He should be back to form against us though and he's talented, over 5 ypc. I think he'll get a heavy workload.

• Like 1

Observations from Raiders/Vikings game:

Raiders are incredibly undisciplined in regard to penalties (aren't they always).

Raiders defense: we can get big plays with misdirection as they over pursue everything. I expect Parris Campbell to take a reverse to the house this week. The Vikings Oline opened up some huge holes. Colts line should do the same.

Raiders offense: they do mostly underneath stuff. Our Dline needs to get their hands up and force Carr to throw short outs.

I'd also like to see our linebackers show blitz a lot, but mostly back off at the snap. Carr will panic. I expect a pick from one of our LB's.

Waller is a baller, so stop him and we're in good shape.

On another note, Dalvin Cook looks really, really good, as does the Vikings Oline.

On 9/23/2019 at 3:31 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

I don't mean to be impolite but that is literally laugh out loud funny.

Not sure why you think that’s so funny.  The Texans have a real shot at this.   Watson can change a game.  

while I am loving JB he cannot do that 

so shes right you're wrong 

4 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Not sure why you think that’s so funny.  The Texans have a real shot at this.   Watson can change a game.  

while I am loving JB he cannot do that 

so shes right you're wrong 

I agree with you. That’s why I said Watson has the skills to hang with KC.  I think we could be in the same situation as last year. Both teams will make the playoffs out of the south. The other other team to not win the division and get in might be the bills.