Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

EJ Speed

Colttodd18

Just now, Colttodd18 said:

I had to work today so I only go to see parts of the game. Did Speed play? I didn’t see him and he didn’t  record any tackles. With Leonard out, I thought we’d see a lot of speed today. 

Walker played Leonards spot and balled out. I didn't notice much from Speed.

12 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Okereke had a few mistakes today but overall, I think he did a decent job. 

Yeah, overall I thought he played well.  Geathers' INT was a direct result of the good coverage Oke had on the TE... he forced Ryan to put a bit more air under the ball to try to get over Oke and it sailed right into Geather's hands.  Probably Okereke's best play of the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Yeah, overall I thought he played well.  Geathers' INT was a direct result of the good coverage Oke had on the TE... he forced Ryan to put a bit more air under the ball to try to get over Oke and it sailed right into Geather's hands.  Probably Okereke's best play of the game.

The play before this int, I was complaining about how long have we given up these easy, uncontested catches over the middle now, for years. And then this happened. Lol I should complain more often during the games 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

In the first half Walker played the run very poorly, and was a very weak link in our pass defense all game. They were clearly targeting him in the pass game.

I didn't notice how he played against the pass (in the 3rd quarter, our entire D was getting carved up), but I didn't think he played the run poorly in the first half.  He had a couple of nice tackles for a loss.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

In the first half Walker played the run very poorly, and was a very weak link in our pass defense all game. They were clearly targeting him in the pass game.

Yeah there was a key long 3rd down conversion late in the game where Ya-Sin was one on one with Julio Jones, and Matt Ryan quickly looked him off because of tight coverage and threw a completion to a wide open receiver that Walker was covering. He got picked on in coverage several times. 

6 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Okereke played the run even worse. He got swallowed up whole vs several runs, and especially on that first big one. He did play pretty decent vs the pass, but I wish they would have left Walker a MIKE and let Okereke and Speed split WILL. It just seemed like both positions had backups, instead of just one.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I didn't notice how he played against the pass (in the 3rd quarter, our entire D was getting carved up), but I didn't think he played the run poorly in the first half.  He had a couple of nice tackles for a loss.

His PFF grade was 33. Lower than abysimal. He is now 78th out of 84.
 Not that i needed to see this grade to confirm how often he was out of position.
  When you have a guy that can't cover certain players, they will be abused in today's passing game. And he was. Sort of reminded me of Morrison. You just know it is coming when they need a play. Unfortunate.