Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quentin Nelson LOL

Restinpeacesweetchloe

46 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think most corners would lose that battle against most Gs.  

Careful Big Q, having a tough guy attitude towards the little guys might result in one of those corners "giving up" and taking out a knee.

Woo hoo.  As soon as I read the first post, I knew ol' DougDew would post something to make it seem like a negative towards Nelson.  Glad to see you are still so predictable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I commented on that in the game thread..

That guy made a business decision.. Lol. No next contract if you're dead or out of the league.

He really did aim for the ankles because it would have been the equivalent of a bug hitting your windshield at 75mph if he tried to actually blow up Q.

37 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Woo hoo.  As soon as I read the first post, I knew ol' DougDew would post something to make it seem like a negative towards Nelson.  Glad to see you are still so predictable.

LOL.  I did it with you and Jvan in mind.  So predictable.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But seriously, I thought the CB who dove forward, (not backed away), was about to take out Nelson's knees.  That would be a big loss to the Colts if going after the little guy because of immature machismo got in the way of good judgment.

See this is why your posts are so hilarious, no one was, "going after the little guy because of immature machismo."  It was a great play call, even the TE, Ebron had a great block on that play, there was a lead blocker and one defender that could stop the play, so Q did what a lineman is supposed to do in that situation, he went to block the defender, the defender did what he is supposed to do, since he knew he could not make the play then his job is to neutralize the blocker to he cannot block someone else.

If you had the knowledge you are so fond of claiming you would know that and not try to make it into something it's not by crying, "oh he could have taken out his knees..."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But seriously, I thought the CB who dove forward, (not backed away), was about to take out Nelson's knees.  That would be a big loss to the Colts if going after the little guy because of immature machismo got in the way of good judgment.

Immature machismo? He was clearing a path for his running back, and helping him get that first down. The CB was just collateral damage. He dove forward because he didn’t want to get tea bagged.

n9bhy.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Sure you did.  You are definitely a legend in your own mind.

Yep.  You called me contrarian, and I remember.   You spent about 20 posts telling me about myself.  Something so weird like that is memorable.

In fact, your post here is telling me about myself.  

Seriously, I'll bet between the NFL and college ball, there were at least 50 plays where the DB was isolated by an Olineman, and the DB went low.   Probably 100 more in High School ball.

But the ATL went low this time only because it was Big Q, which is what is implied.  Get real.

7 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

See this is why your posts are so hilarious, no one was, "going after the little guy because of immature machismo."  It was a great play call, even the TE, Ebron had a great block on that play, there was a lead blocker and one defender that could stop the play, so Q did what a lineman is supposed to do in that situation, he went to block the defender, the defender did what he is supposed to do, since he knew he could not make the play then his job is to neutralize the blocker to he cannot block someone else.

If you had the knowledge you are so fond of claiming you would know that and not try to make it into something it's not by crying, "oh he could have taken out his knees..."

What are you talking about?  Nobody is saying anything different. 

The implication is that the DB only went down to the ground because it was Nelson, and only Nelson, lining him up.

The play was wide open to the right to the point to where any Colt player, even TY Hilton, could have shielded the DB and Mack would have had a big gain.  That side of the field was opening up about the time Mack was handed the ball.

Just pointing out reality, and the risk that he almost lost a knee as he was taken to the ground by the little guy.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Yep.  You called me contrarian, and I remember.   You spent about 20 posts telling me about myself.  Something so weird like that is memorable.

In fact, your post here is telling me about myself.  

Yup, because it's easy to see your online persona and how different it is than the way you try to portray yourself.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Seriously, I'll bet between the NFL and college ball, there were at least 50 plays where the DB was isolated by an Olineman, and the DB went low.   Probably 100 more in High School ball.

But the ATL went low this time only because it was Big Q, which is what is implied.  Get real.

Ahh yes, one of your favorite techniques, change the focus of your comment.  Originally it was bad because Big Q could have had his knees taken out and then he may get injured.  And all because Big Q was trying to pick on the little guy.  Now your being negative be it's not that special of a play.  And it happens hundreds of times every week.  So, in the hundreds of times that it happened in high school, college and pro football this weekend, was it because every olineman was trying to pick on the little guy or is it just Nelson that was experiencing some "immature machismo"?

9 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Immature machismo? He was clearing a path for his running back, and helping him get that first down. The CB was just collateral damage. He dove forward because he didn’t want to get tea bagged.

n9bhy.jpg

Did you read the tweet?  "yeah, probably was a smart one", about the DB getting down.  

If he keeps up that 'tude, some little guy is going to go low about knee high, and say that it was the only option of getting the RB to change his path with Nelson in his way. 

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

What are you talking about?  Nobody is saying anything different. 

You are

The implication is that the DB only went down to the ground because it was Nelson, and only Nelson, lining him up.

Actually that DB went to the ground only because of Nelson.  If it was Glow pulling then that DB would have gone to the ground because of Glow.  Do you have a point or are you just being contrarian again?

The play was wide open to the right to the point to where any Colt player, even TY Hilton, could have shielded the DB and Mack would have had a big gain.  That side of the field was opening up about the time Mack was handed the ball.

Thanks for the recap.

Just pointing out reality, and the risk that he almost lost a knee as he was taken to the ground by the little guy.

He didn't almost lose a knee though.  That is just your take on it because you are you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Yup, because it's easy to see your online persona and how different it is than the way you try to portray yourself.

Ahh yes, one of your favorite techniques, change the focus of your comment.  Originally it was bad because Big Q could have had his knees taken out and then he may get injured.  And all because Big Q was trying to pick on the little guy.  Now your being negative be it's not that special of a play.  And it happens hundreds of times every week.  So, in the hundreds of times that it happened in high school, college and pro football this weekend, was it because every olineman was trying to pick on the little guy or is it just Nelson that was experiencing some "immature machismo"?

The thread is about the tweet, about Nelson's attitude that was portrayed in it.  its not about the play.  Because you don't understand the topic of the thread in the first place doesn't mean I'm changing the topic.

11 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You are

Actually that DB went to the ground only because of Nelson.  If it was Glow pulling then that DB would have gone to the ground because of Glow.  Do you have a point or are you just being contrarian again?

Thanks for the recap.

He didn't almost lose a knee though.  That is just your take on it because you are you.

LOL, look who's changing the topic.  Its not about a play that happened about 150 times this weekend between the NFL, college, and HS football. 

The attitude imbedded in the tweet was the motivation...and topic....of the thread.  That Nelson, and he alone, caused the DB to "give up".

Why do you come out when the narrative on Nelson isn't 100% supported by all of the posts?  So predictable.

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Did you read the tweet?  "yeah, probably was a smart one", about the DB getting down.  

If he keeps up that 'tude, some little guy is going to go low about knee high, and say that it was the only option of getting the RB to change his path with Nelson in his way. 

I sure did, and in it he implied it was a good business decision. I’m guessing that means if he didn’t go down Q would have trucked him over hard. What’s wrong with having some fun with it anyway? I love his attitude and the fact that he wants to take opponents souls, he’s said that before. That is how you build a reputation on the field and make others want to avoid you. If some piece of crap wants to purposely go low on him to destroy his knees then it will happen regardless, hopefully he’s prepared for that. A lot of players talk crap, but not all of them back it up.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The thread is about the tweet, about Nelson's attitude that was portrayed in it.  its not about the play.  Because you don't understand the topic of the thread in the first place doesn't mean I'm changing the topic.

:) Ahh, so then why comment about how Q "almost lost a knee'?  because that comment is about the play. 

LOL, look who's changing the topic.  Its not about a play that happened about 150 times this weekend between the NFL, college, and HS football. 

You are the one that brought up it happening in high school, college and other pro games.  I just responded to that aspect of your point.

The attitude imbedded in the tweet was the motivation...and topic....of the thread.  That Nelson, and he alone, caused the DB to "give up".

Only in your limited imagination.

Why do you come out when the narrative on Nelson isn't 100% supported by all of the posts?  So predictable.

I didn't, I came to the thread  because I figured it was about that play, and unlike you I have actually made comments about the play.  Pointing out your whining and how you change direction when your silliness is call-out is just a bonus.