Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gonzo Visiting The Patriots/signs With Patriots (Merged)

HarassedOffTheSite

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of trouble? I'm communicating on a message board. This is called "fun", until someone twists the argument and makes it personal.

You made a denigrating comment about a player supported by a miss-statement. Personally I prefer to have my opinions molded by the facts instead of the other way around, so I thought that I would set the record straight. If you don't respect the guy regardless, that's your prerogative, and if I want to "go to a lot of trouble" that's mine.

Wow! Now that I have read your umpteenth retort regarding the unseemingly infinite ability of Anthony Gonzalez, I agree....we will rue the day he signed with New England.

Certainly, everyone is entitled to their own opinion here. No disrespect intended for what I am about to say. Wyld1 I love your sarcasm here. Very Funny & oh so true too!!! I needed a good laugh tonight. Thanks Wyld1!!!

With Ochocinco, Lloyd, Gronk, Welker, Woodhead... There's no way Gonzalez will get any receptions. Only reason Gonzalez joined is to ride New England's bandwagon.

You mean ride NE's injured list....

Gonzo was actually a "very good player" when he was in the game... but the last time any of us seen him in action was what? 3 years ago?

good luck bro....

Ill put money on it that he turns out successful there.

St E's ... me too...

He won't catch 20 balls... he will have a boo boo on his knee or something and will spend 3 years in his air bubble or whaterver was supposed to keep dude healthy.

Certainly, everyone is entitled to their own opinion here. No disrespect intended for what I am about to say. Wyld1 I love your sarcasm here. Very Funny & oh so true too!!! I needed a good laugh tonight. Thanks Wyld1!!!

LOL! Mac rocks and I didn't want to continue a pointless arguement with someone I like...so sarcasm was the best medicine, imo. Glad I made you laugh Bro! :)

If he can stay healthy *Which I blame our strength and condition staff* I think heck go back to his 07-08 form he had the third highest catch rate. His route running and hands will put him on Bradys good side quickly. Peyton loved the guy

Ohhhh c'mon, lets be nice. Gonzo was a terrific talent with a high ceiling. His body has betrayed him and grats to him for getting another chance. I thought his career was all but over. I feel one more serious injury and he's going Bob Sanders' way. Healthy, I'd take him over White or Garcon any Sunday. I wish we'd kept him one more year to get us through this lean time.

Couldn't keep Moss focused for the long run, let go of Branch too soon, hired a failure in Ocho, and then got Branch back too old. I dont take stock in the NE WR process. Kind of like Polians record with o-linemen.

gotta agree. Just go out and get a top WR for once in your life.

I hated following the draft the year we drafted Gonz. All the experts predicted the pick a month in advance, and sure enough Polian came through.

I guess they fell in love with his sub 4.4.

Maybe his bubble works better at sea-level because I'm not so sure that thing wasn't detrimental to his health. Anybody who sleeps in a chamber to heal quicker shall forever be flagged as a hypochondriac. He has literally missed multiple seasons to injuries that are not due to playing football. One year he ran a route and suffered a self-inflicted season ending injury.

I've always felt like we've cut better receivers at his expense, so obviously I'm okay with it.

If you aren't going to lose any sleep you are sure going to alot of trouble to defend him? He is a slot receiver regardless of the receivers that were on the team when he was drafted and not worth defending as he benefited from having Harrison, Wayne and Clark........he did that for 1 year.

he stepped in for marvin harrison the year marvin was gone and was the #2 and great.

Besides never being healthy enough to even take the field I couldn't stand the way he treated the fans at training camp. He would ride on his golf cart, day after day after day, with his back turned to the fans waiting to get into Colts City, never waved when anybody would yell out his name or cheer for him. The one day he was in the autograph tent and was obligated to deal with the fans he looked ticked off the entire time, wouldn't smile, answer anybody's questions, etc. I for one am THRILLED that he is gone. Total waste of space (both on the cap and the roster) and waste of talent (because he's made of glass).

Good luck falling into obscurity in NE, with all the other options for Brady (he can only throw one football at a time after all) you'll just be the guy that gets to hand out the gatorade.

Was he good, at one point (one season) sure... Was he great? No! He had potential, and never worked out, sure he had lots of injuries, but if he can't stay healthy you do the team no good. He was the offensive version on Bob Sanders. To all the comments about watch how well he does now, how well did Bob work out for the Chargers? Sometimes now matter how much talent you have, you just can't make it in this League because of injuries, here is an example.

With Ochocinco, Lloyd, Gronk, Welker, Woodhead... There's no way Gonzalez will get any receptions. Only reason Gonzalez joined is to ride New England's bandwagon.

If healthy (I know, big IF), he'll play over Ocho.

Woodhead? Really? He's a RB. Brady looks at him only when the other options aren't open.

Well I think obviously the talent is there but also his issues with injury are so well documented that it is impossible to ignore. NE sees it as a low risk/high reward signing. Remember they had to franchise Welker. If Welker doesn't resign or has an injury they are hoping that Gonzo will step into that slot receiver role. I could see him being successful in that Welker mold for sure. He definately has that quickness and waggle and great hands. Health was and still would be the issue but I totally see why they are interested. A former 1st round slot receiver that if healthy could be very productive. Brady makes everyone better much like Peyton does so health is the issue. NE is the type of team that gives people a second chance and puts them into position to be successful. If he can't do it there he is out of the league. They will just quietly cut him. No downside to it in their eyes.

he stepped in for marvin harrison the year marvin was gone and was the #2 and great.

These are his career stats, notice he didn't play in 2009 or 2011. I disagree that he was great,

2007: 37 passes caught for 576 yards and 3 TDs.

2008: 57 passes caught for 664 yards and 4 TDs.

2010: 5 passes caught for 67 yards.

St E's ... me too...

He won't catch 20 balls... he will have a boo boo on his knee or something and will spend 3 years in his air bubble or whaterver was supposed to keep dude healthy.

If im wrong and make it to indy ever steaks n beers on me for you and the other guy too haha.