Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Imgrandojji

AV perfect in week 3

Recommended Posts

I am glad he nailed his kicks.  It looked like he got things figured out.  Hopefully he keeps it going,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Condescending much.......?

 

lol soft how is facts condescending

 

He’s a kicker lol if he’s not making kicks he’s not doing his job 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In response to some of the earlier chatter about fans booing luck and whatnot. This home crowd gave Adam Viniateri a standing ovation that was so loud up to just before the snap, I was getting nervous it would throw him off. They were behind him for better or worse from the minute he came on the field. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

In response to some of the earlier chatter about fans booing luck and whatnot. This home crowd gave Adam Viniateri a standing ovation that was so loud up to just before the snap, I was getting nervous it would throw him off. They were behind him for better or worse from the minute he came on the field. 

This was something I noticed as well. It’s a shame that the national media chose to run bad stories that made the fan base look bad when this, today, is who colts fans are. I guarantee you everyone was pulling for him to succeed. 

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

 

lol soft how is facts condescending

 

He’s a kicker lol if he’s not making kicks he’s not doing his job 

Because you chose to double down on your condescending comment it is useless to have a rational conversation with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am glad he nailed his kicks.  It looked like he got things figured out.  Hopefully he keeps it going,

 

1) I wouldn’t say he “nailed” his kicks.  The FG hit the upright and fortunately doinked the right way.

 

2) I hope he does well, too.  It’s hard to win close games in the NFL (and all 3 of ours have been) without a reliable kicker.

 

3) But neither that nor his game today ultimately affect where I stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Because you chose to double down on your condescending comment it is useless to have a rational conversation with you. 

 

well stop. y’all acting like doing your job is to be praised. I expect my kicker to make kicks. irrational would be letting a guy kick fgs that couldn’t lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MFT5 said:

 

well stop. y’all acting like doing your job is to be praised. I expect my kicker to make kicks. irrational would be letting a guy kick fgs that couldn’t lol

Just like you replied to me when I said Atlanta fans were goofy saying we would score 10 points haha . You had your doubts, I would've bet my house that we would do that. Some fans need to stay in their lane lmao . We scored 27 :funny:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just like you replied to me when I said Atlanta fans were goofy saying we would score 10 points haha . You had your doubts, I would've bet my house that we would do that. Some fans need to stay in their lane lmao . We scored 27 :funny:

 

i didn’t have my doubts i just knw we have games where nothing works like @ KC but i always felt andrew had more to do w that than ppl would give him credit for 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Iron Colt said:

How long does Vinny have to play to pass Morton Anderson for 2nd oldest player to ever play?

I think 2 more years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, luv_pony_express said:

 

1) I wouldn’t say he “nailed” his kicks.  The FG hit the upright and fortunately doinked the right way.

 

2) I hope he does well, too.  It’s hard to win close games in the NFL (and all 3 of ours have been) without a reliable kicker.

 

3) But neither that nor his game today ultimately affect where I stand.

Part of me wondered if Frank called those short yard, running plays to set it up deliberately. The other part wonders what the reaction would have been had that Doink not bounced his way. My heart skipped a beat for sure when I heard the doink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

 

i didn’t have my doubts i just knw we have games where nothing works like @ KC but i always felt andrew had more to do w that than ppl would give him credit for 

No biggy, I am just so happy with today's game that I am replying to every post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

 

1) I wouldn’t say he “nailed” his kicks.  The FG hit the upright and fortunately doinked the right way.

 

2) I hope he does well, too.  It’s hard to win close games in the NFL (and all 3 of ours have been) without a reliable kicker.

 

3) But neither that nor his game today ultimately affect where I stand.

I guess I should be clear about what I meant when I said nailed.  I meant just that he hit them.  I’ve been noticing during this slump his kicks are falling off towards the left towards the end other than the last miss last week which I think was just him over correcting.  I don’t know if that’s leg strength thing or a mechanics thing but i would bet that is what Adam has been working on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MFT5 said:

credit for doing what you’re supposed to do ???

We should hang a banner !

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

We should hang a banner !

 

im tellin you lol ... low standards around here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MFT5 said:

 

lol soft how is facts condescending

 

He’s a kicker lol if he’s not making kicks he’s not doing his job 

NOBODY is perfect. Just imagine how many jobs you would go through if you got fired for having  a bad day or even called in. Kickers miss occasionally, fans have just taken Vinny for granted that he has been so good. Vinny has not lost the team any games nor won the team games this year. Its been team wins and a team loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, strt182 said:

NOBODY is perfect. Just imagine how many jobs you would go through if you got fired for having  a bad day or even called in. Kickers miss occasionally, fans have just taken Vinny for granted that he has been so good. Vinny has not lost the team any games nor won the team games this year. Its been team wins and a team loss. 

 

if he makes ONE fg or XP against the chargers we’re 3-0 lol. his job is to kick fgs. He gets paid well enough to understand this backlash 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MFT5 said:

 

im tellin you lol ... low standards around here

Nothin wrong with that.

its like marrying the ugly girl.......:: at least no guy will steal her away from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MFT5 said:

 

if he makes ONE fg or XP against the chargers we’re 3-0 lol. his job is to kick fgs. He gets paid well enough to understand this backlash 

 

So to unpick things you've said so far:

 

1) We shouldn't praise players for "doing their job", where is the line for this? If JB throws a TD we shouldn't whoop and holler because "it's his job"? 

 

2) "AV is paid well enough to understand the backlash", well yeah. I think you saw how angry he was post Titans game at his performance. The man is one of the all time professionals in the league.

 

Given all the crap posted on here leading up about how he was going to get booed, the fall out of the fans who chose to boo Luck, don't you think it was just a nice sentiment that the crowd showed their support of him prior to the first kick. You know like.. supporters? Don't you think that it might have helped AV mentally? Kicker is a role that requires a lot more mental fortitude than others. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MFT5 said:

 

this is a long winding post telling me you’re soft. These are professionals lol

So your reaction to me asking you to qualify your position was to call me "soft", personal insult aside (which as I'm sure you know is against the rules), I was asking at what point are we allowed to be, you know, happy that a player has done something good.

 

When jacoby starts putting up Mahomes numbers i’ll gush over him. 

Nowhere did I say anything about gushing over JB did I?

 

when AV can line up for a fg and i’m not skeptical of the outcome i’ll appreciate his contribution.

That's your prerogative, but also other people can appreciate AV on their own terms. 

 

until then .... dnt talk to me about my standards 

It's a discussion forum, can we not discuss your post? 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good bounce back game for AV!!! He is like the network administrator in most companies. When things are working fine, most people won't call them but if issues start creeping up, the blame level goes up. It can be a thankless job at times, being a kicker. 

 

Like Dungy said, "In the NFL, you have to not lose games before you win them." That applies to kickers too.  AV did not affect the game, that is all you can ask for with a kicker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I am so glad and happy for Adam for sure. Are there anymore records that Adam is chasing this year, because this will no doubt be his last. 

I believe most wins by a single player, I think Morten Anderson still has that one. I don’t think Vinny is far behind though, maybe less than 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Good bounce back game for AV!!! He is like the network administrator in most companies. When things are working fine, most people won't call them but if issues start creeping up, the blame level goes up. It can be a thankless job at times, being a kicker. 

 

Like Dungy said, "In the NFL, you have to not lose games before you win them." That applies to kickers too.  AV did not affect the game, that is all you can ask for with a kicker.

I will disagree here, AV DID affect the game. We don’t win yesterday without him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a clip of him walking out onto the field for the first FG attempt? The roar from the crowd was awesome. I'd love to see it again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cjrulli said:

Does anyone have a clip of him walking out onto the field for the first FG attempt? The roar from the crowd was awesome. I'd love to see it again. 

 

would be nice if the media made a story out of that, rather than greatly over blowing a few people booing in a mostly empty pre season game 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy he hit the kicks and I hope he has a strong season, but one game doesn't prove he's back. We are going to need him to hit a 50-yard kick with a few seconds left to win a game. Yesterday was just a normal-average game for Vinny in his career, and maybe a little below average when you consider how close he was to missing the first one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cjrulli said:

Does anyone have a clip of him walking out onto the field for the first FG attempt? The roar from the crowd was awesome. I'd love to see it again. 

Your wish is my command

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has been something stuck in my throat after the Atl. game. Could it be the statements I wrote on Mack some weeks back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, HectorRoberts said:

icy ice GIF

 

Funny yet profound!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, strt182 said:

NOBODY is perfect. Just imagine how many jobs you would go through if you got fired for having  a bad day or even called in. Kickers miss occasionally, fans have just taken Vinny for granted that he has been so good. Vinny has not lost the team any games nor won the team games this year. Its been team wins and a team loss. 

Like doctors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Orioles22 said:

I am We are going to need him to hit a 50-yard kick with a few seconds left to win a game.

Fixed it for you.

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

Like doctors?

There is a reason it is called a "practice".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Fixed it for you.

There is a reason it is called a "practice".

Facts

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Fixed it for you.

There is a reason it is called a "practice".

It’s called a practice (noun not verb here) because it is the act of working at a profession.

 

My original tongue in cheek comment was to illustrate that not many occupations allow a 20% success rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...