Indianapolis Colts
Imgrandojji

AV perfect in week 3

After an awkward FG banked in for him it seemed to snap him out of his funk.  Looks like the old master has some life in his legs after all.  So great to see.  And the points he gave us turned out to be the difference in the game.  Well done AV!

• Like 3

What was that loud "DOINK" I heard on his first one? Anyhow it I a relief to see hi work today. Great win.

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

What was that loud "DOINK" I heard on his first one? Anyhow it I a relief to see hi work today. Great win.

Yea if he had missed  we probably  would  have lost today

• Like 1

Not to make excuses for him, but that wasn't a great snap on that first one.

Check it again if you've got in on the DVR.

8 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Yea if he had missed  we probably  would  have lost today

His last kick was almost dead center.

10 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

That was great when the crowd gave him a big cheer as he came on for that first attempt. That's how you pick a guy up.

I agree, that was great to see from the fans.  Nice to let him know that we're all pulling for him to succeed, I honestly think that helped him clear his head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Proud of Adam today. He did well, and like others have said, this should help him get his confidence back. He was the difference in a good way today!

Just now, MFT5 said:

credit for doing what you’re supposed to do ???

Credit for coming off a terrible first 2 games and making 0 mistakes, and for his points being the difference between defeat and victory.

• Like 2

I'm relieved, not surprised. He was making them in practice, just needed to shake the yips. He did his job. Excellent outcome!

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Proud of Adam today. He did well, and like others have said, this should help him get his confidence back. He was the difference in a good way today!

Did you hear the uproarious cheer he got when he came in to kick.      The fans love him

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Credit for coming off a terrible first 2 games and making 0 mistakes, and for his points being the difference between defeat and victory.

mid he was doing his job we wouldn’t be talking about him he’s been playing like crap he had better made everything 

• Confused 1

I’m proud of AV and Colts nation too. I’ve never thought booing help a team win. Maybe it motivates some players and people have the “right” to act entitled but it just seems classless. 

• Thanks 2

I told my buddy at the game that the field goal that bounced in could be the one that changes the season for him.  

• Like 2

Happy to see him have a good day and that the crowd cheered him on.

That said, I'm interested to see if he can keep it up, specifically outdoors on the road. I think we only have like three more games outdoors though.

I'll continue to turn the volume down during his attempts until he gets a few more hits under his belt

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

That’s the sound of winning

1 hour ago, MFT5 said:

mid he was doing his job we wouldn’t be talking about him he’s been playing like crap he had better made everything 

And yet here we are, talking about him.

It’s almost like we’re happy he did well today.

But yet a certain person isn’t happy

I wonder who that is?

hilarious batman GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MFT5 said:

I'm gonna agree with @MFT5 here.  The only reason we're talking about AV is that his performance prior to this game was pretty terrible.

If I may make this, possibly unpopular, summary of today's game:

This game was very similar to the Chargers game.  We did good things against a team that is, on paper, better than us, and we put ourselves in a position to win.  The other team did most of the things that they normally do to win games, too.  And it comes down to the small things.  A field goal here, an interception there, a fourth down conversion over there.  Imagine what today's score would have been had we missed two FG's and a PAT.  It comes down to the little things, winning and losing.  This time, AV came through and we won.  It's the little things.

6 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I'm gonna agree with @MFT5 here.  The only reason we're talking about AV is that his performance prior to this game was pretty terrible.

This game was very similar to the Chargers game.  We did good things against a team that is, on paper, better than us, and we put ourselves in a position to win.  The other team did most of the things that they normally do to win games, too.  And it comes down to the small things.  A field goal here, an interception there, a fourth down conversion over there.  Imagine what today's score would have been had we missed two FG's and a PAT.  It comes down to the little things, winning and losing.  This time, AV came through and we won.  It's the little things.

AV has come through more than any other kicker ever.    It's why he wasn't cut.  Cutting him was only talked about by fans,   not by those in the front office 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

By the way, speaking of the little things, I just watched the Bucs be behind by 1 because they had missed two PAT's earlier in the game, put themselves in position to win by kicking a FG -- and miss.

I am so glad and happy for Adam for sure. Are there anymore records that Adam is chasing this year, because this will no doubt be his last. 

Dear Adam,

Please don't get your mojo back....cuz then I'll look foolish for saying you should be cut and never kick for us again....

signed

__________________, Last week, 2019

3 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Dear Adam,

Please don't get your mojo back....cuz then I'll look foolish for saying you should be cut and never kick for us again....

signed

__________________, Last week, 2019

I would rather they just all admit they were wrong

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HectorRoberts said:

icy ice GIF

I pride myself in finding great gifs to express my thoughts or feelings. This one for Adam and this time, is brilliant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ll be the first to admit that I was one of those who said he should be done. I don’t regret it. He had a great game. But it’s his first great game after having two terrible games. Is he back to his usual form? That remains to be seen. I hope so. But I also hope he isn’t kept around because of his name if he isn’t back to automatic Adam.

The same people who claim we shouldn’t rush to judgement after three bad games (last year at KC) are now saying he’s back. Thing is, for a 46 year old, you can’t say that.

• Like 1

In the locker room after Ebron was so happy for him. He goes maybe everyone will shut the h*ll up now. 

22 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I’ll be the first to admit that I was one of those who said he should be done. I don’t regret it. He had a great game. But it’s his first great game after having two terrible games. Is he back to his usual form? That remains to be seen. I hope so. But I also hope he isn’t kept around because of his name if he isn’t back to automatic Adam.

The same people who claim we shouldn’t rush to judgement after three bad games (last year at KC) are now saying he’s back. Thing is, for a 46 year old, you can’t say that.

Oh no sir you are very wrong. He is all the way backim back GIF by Sun Pictures

excited goat GIF

36 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I pride myself in finding great gifs to express my thoughts or feelings. This one for Adam and this time, is brilliant. 

I agree, the goat was slipping and then found his footing.

Very appropriate gif. Well played

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

Oh no sir you are very wrong. He is all the way backim back GIF by Sun Pictures

excited goat GIF

I hope you’re right but you’re just hoping as well.

Technically, to be back you need to have been gone. So.....if you're not gone after a couple bad games, you're not back after 1 good game.

Let's see how it plays out after a few more weeks. All I want is the Colts to keep winning, so hopefully, AV hits them consistently for the rest of the season and this is an off season issue/decision.

41 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Do we have a gif of the year?

• Like 1