Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• not when we need a QB.  they could be gone if we trade back   its not ideal, reaching for a QB that isnt quite pro ready but it happens almost every year.  just have to hope we get lucky again 
    • So I’ve touched on this before, but my main league is 20 teams. We have two leagues of 10 because no one wants to shrink roster sizes to fit us all in one league. We did 14 teams with a 3 WR, 2 RB, no flex roster in 2017 and it was the drizzling %s. The waiver wire was nothing but players who shouldn’t even be rostered, there were 6 competitive teams, and you know who the two championship teams were and which one was going to win by week 6. Just not a fun league. The next year we had quite a few (myself included) who threatened to quit under those circumstances for another season. They didn’t want to reduce roster sizes, so I came up with the idea to just have two leagues under one umbrella. Call them conferences and run our own side playoffs with the top 8 teams.    It’s worked well.    This year I’m advancing to the League Championship. My opponent is from the other conference and we have some roster similarities.    We both have DeShaun Watson and Julio Jones.    Her team fleshes out with:  (Current Week 15 starters)   Deebo Samuel  Mark Ingram Aaron Jones Kenyan Drake Jared Cook Matt Gay Rams DST   Her bench is: Tyrell Williams Mike Evans Vance McDonald Jameis Winston David Johnson Darius Slayton   My team is Watson and Jones and fleshes out with: (and I’m projecting this to be my Week 16 lineup as well.)   Hopkins Zeke Mack Devante Parker Darrin Waller Zane Gonzalez 49ers DST   Bench: Golden Tate Jordan Howard James Conner  DeAndre Washington  Adrian Peterson Tyler Higbee   So obviously if we both start Watson and Jones whatever we score cancels out and our matchup will be decided by the rest of our rosters.    I don’t really love my backs against Ingram and Jones. Zeke plays the Eagles, and while Mack has a nice matchup against the Panthers, I’m worried his ceiling is low the way we get other backs in and out of the game. Peterson has a decent matchup against the Giants, and Conner has a “do not touch” matchup against the Jets. Howard may play may not. I don’t think it wise to trust him in this scenario either way.    Obviously Hopkins and Parker out-do her remaining WRs, I feel good there.    Drake at flex isn’t a frightening matchup, but after yesterday’s Herculean 4TD effort... Oy.    My purpose for writing and lining all of this out is this:   Do I give any kind of consideration to starting someone other than Watson and Jones, and try to make up some points on her that way?   It’s a super risky play. Watson has the Bucs and they bleed points to QBs. Jones has the Jags and they are a tougher matchup, but he’s also the only real receiving threat on that team right now. Hooper hasn’t been the same since his injury. And Jones is coming off a huge game against a top defense.    My gut says to stick with Watson and Jones, but I’m curious to hear input.    The third option is subterfuge. I should try to talk HER into starting someone other than Watson or Jones in our big FB group chat that is active daily. Which actually isn’t as dumb and impossible as it sounds, she’s from Australia and doesn’t always make the best decisions with her roster.  
    • it fit with luck and ty, i agree that its not ideal now
    • Wrong. Their problem is that they don't have competant QB play. They both have very good teams. Give either Andrew Luck and they win a SB. Even if you have a solid team, you'll be picking top 10 until you get a franchise QB. As soon as we got Luck, we made the playoffs in 2012. When Brissett played in 2017 and now 2019, we missed the playoffs.   The same teams pick top 10 because they have no QB. They actually hit on their 1st round picks more than other teams because they are in the top 10.
  • Members

• Hammer

Hammer 234

• dew5150

dew5150 151

• ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL 5,986

Moderators
    • Nesjan3

Nesjan3 1,017

• MPStack

MPStack 2,965