Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AV perfect in week 3

Imgrandojji

10 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

That was great when the crowd gave him a big cheer as he came on for that first attempt. That's how you pick a guy up.

I agree, that was great to see from the fans.  Nice to let him know that we're all pulling for him to succeed, I honestly think that helped him clear his head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Proud of Adam today. He did well, and like others have said, this should help him get his confidence back. He was the difference in a good way today!

Did you hear the uproarious cheer he got when he came in to kick.      The fans love him

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Credit for coming off a terrible first 2 games and making 0 mistakes, and for his points being the difference between defeat and victory.

mid he was doing his job we wouldn’t be talking about him he’s been playing like crap he had better made everything 

2 hours ago, MFT5 said:

mid he was doing his job we wouldn’t be talking about him he’s been playing like crap he had better made everything 

I'm gonna agree with @MFT5 here.  The only reason we're talking about AV is that his performance prior to this game was pretty terrible.

If I may make this, possibly unpopular, summary of today's game:

This game was very similar to the Chargers game.  We did good things against a team that is, on paper, better than us, and we put ourselves in a position to win.  The other team did most of the things that they normally do to win games, too.  And it comes down to the small things.  A field goal here, an interception there, a fourth down conversion over there.  Imagine what today's score would have been had we missed two FG's and a PAT.  It comes down to the little things, winning and losing.  This time, AV came through and we won.  It's the little things.

6 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I'm gonna agree with @MFT5 here.  The only reason we're talking about AV is that his performance prior to this game was pretty terrible.

This game was very similar to the Chargers game.  We did good things against a team that is, on paper, better than us, and we put ourselves in a position to win.  The other team did most of the things that they normally do to win games, too.  And it comes down to the small things.  A field goal here, an interception there, a fourth down conversion over there.  Imagine what today's score would have been had we missed two FG's and a PAT.  It comes down to the little things, winning and losing.  This time, AV came through and we won.  It's the little things.

AV has come through more than any other kicker ever.    It's why he wasn't cut.  Cutting him was only talked about by fans,   not by those in the front office 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

By the way, speaking of the little things, I just watched the Bucs be behind by 1 because they had missed two PAT's earlier in the game, put themselves in position to win by kicking a FG -- and miss.

3 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Dear Adam,

Please don't get your mojo back....cuz then I'll look foolish for saying you should be cut and never kick for us again....

signed

__________________, Last week, 2019

I would rather they just all admit they were wrong

• Like 1

I’ll be the first to admit that I was one of those who said he should be done. I don’t regret it. He had a great game. But it’s his first great game after having two terrible games. Is he back to his usual form? That remains to be seen. I hope so. But I also hope he isn’t kept around because of his name if he isn’t back to automatic Adam.

The same people who claim we shouldn’t rush to judgement after three bad games (last year at KC) are now saying he’s back. Thing is, for a 46 year old, you can’t say that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I’ll be the first to admit that I was one of those who said he should be done. I don’t regret it. He had a great game. But it’s his first great game after having two terrible games. Is he back to his usual form? That remains to be seen. I hope so. But I also hope he isn’t kept around because of his name if he isn’t back to automatic Adam.

The same people who claim we shouldn’t rush to judgement after three bad games (last year at KC) are now saying he’s back. Thing is, for a 46 year old, you can’t say that.

Oh no sir you are very wrong. He is all the way backim back GIF by Sun Pictures

excited goat GIF

36 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I pride myself in finding great gifs to express my thoughts or feelings. This one for Adam and this time, is brilliant. 

I agree, the goat was slipping and then found his footing.

Very appropriate gif. Well played

• Like 1

Technically, to be back you need to have been gone. So.....if you're not gone after a couple bad games, you're not back after 1 good game.

Let's see how it plays out after a few more weeks. All I want is the Colts to keep winning, so hopefully, AV hits them consistently for the rest of the season and this is an off season issue/decision.