Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
GoColts8818

Week 3 impressions: Brissett

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Hopefully all the Kelly talk has died

I think it has....I don't think most of the Kelly supporters were anti-Jacoby, they just didn't have a lot of confidence in him playing consistently at such a high level, now that he has proven to those fans that he is not only a great person off the field, but a great player on the field, I think all but a very few will be 100% behind him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Obi-Wan Jacoby continues to impress.  He was an assassin in the first half.  I thought he looked a little rattled at the start of the 1st drive in the fourth but he pulled it together.   The "game manager" manages to win another game and I'm not all that surprised.  I'm really starting to root for this kid.

Yeah that's impressing me more than anything. Everytime he is in a tough spot, he just makes it happen.

 

Obi-Wan Jacoby indeed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we were straight at DB but Ballard may have to make some moves during draft and offseason. We are good for letting up at least 24 against high powered offenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so impressed.  This is the gane I was looking for. No, he's not the marquis guy.

 

Because he's the QB Indy deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll play him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our QB. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A blue knight.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Jacoby Brissett became just the 3rd QB in #Colts franchise history with a 115+ passer rating in 2 of the first 3 weeks of a season. Others: Peyton Manning (2009, 2004) and Johnny Unitas (1964).

Wow...

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I thought we were straight at DB but Ballard may have to make some moves during draft and offseason. We are good for letting up at least 24 against high powered offenses.

We missed Darius big time in the middle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Wow...

We missed Darius big time in the middle 

I thought Okereke was fine. Our DBs kept letting up catch after catch. Not just to Julio either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

I thought that was bogus too. That's not the spirit of the rule, which is more about taunting/celebrating. 

 

I know I would've been * if they called it on the Colts.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, krunk said:

I thought we were straight at DB but Ballard may have to make some moves during draft and offseason. We are good for letting up at least 24 against high powered offenses.

You have to remember they are very good and do that to a lot of teams. Hooked missing the 3rd quarter hurt also. 

We actually did a great job making them use click that one drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

I thought that was bogus too. That's not the spirit of the rule, which is more about taunting/celebrating. 

 

I know I would've been * if they called it on the Colts.

I kind of wished we declined that specific penalty. I feel like refs should be allowed discretion for situations like that and should be able to pick up the flag once they realize what's happened. This was such a nonsense call...

 

Feel terrible for Neal too. He is a player who plays the game with incredible physicality and determination and is fun to watch whenever he is not playing against your team. Hopefully he recovers fully...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stitches said:

I kind of wished we declined that specific penalty. I feel like refs should be allowed discretion for situations like that and should be able to pick up the flag once they realize what's happened. This was such a be call...

Looking back thank god he didn’t decline it. I can’t remember if we stopped them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I kind of wished we declined that specific penalty. I feel like refs should be allowed discretion for situations like that and should be able to pick up the flag once they realize what's happened. This was such a be call...

I agree...that would have been the classiest move of any team this season...wonder if Frank even considered it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was impressed with his ability to get the jump on the hard count, his quickness of thought to catch 12 men and force a timeout. It was those types of things that impressed me today. It showed he was a comfortable leader on that field. I’m excited to watch him continue to grow. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3rd week in a row where it looks like he made good quick decisions then threw the ball accurately.  Can't ask for much more.  In fact, I think he is doing that better than Luck did.

 

Still would like to see if he can get chunk plays when he needs to, like a 50 second drive for a field goal or TD. 

 

If he had Julio Jones, Sanu, and Ridley; he'd probably get those chunk plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was nice to see the veteran pass catchers get it done down the stretch and we didn’t have to rely on the two young guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

I actually find these sorts of comments to be very tiresome. Yes, I know it’s sarcasm, but really, is it necessary? <roll eyes>

sad arrested development GIF

I hate fun too, bro

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DougDew said:

3rd week in a row where it looks like he made good quick decisions then threw the ball accurately.  Can't ask for much more.  In fact, I think he is doing that better than Luck did.

 

Still would like to see if he can get chunk plays when he needs to, like a 50 second drive for a field goal or TD. 

 

If he had Julio Jones, Sanu, and Ridley; he'd probably get those chunk plays. 

He had a bunch of chunk plays today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I am so impressed.  This is the gane I was looking for. No, he's not the marquis guy.

 

Because he's the QB Indy deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll play him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our QB. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A blue knight.

giphy.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, with the strength of schedule we've had these past 3 weeks, most people, including myself, didn't think we'd be very close to 3-0, even before Brissett was leading our team.  I'm still on the Brissett train. He had a excellent game today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, compuls1v3 said:

You know, with the strength of schedule we've had these past 3 weeks, most people, including myself, didn't think we'd be very close to 3-0, even before Brissett. I'm still on the Brissett train. He had a excellent game today.

The strength of schedule actually is a little easier after that KC game. We play a lot of bad QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

giphy.gif

Yeah i was a bit puzzled with that one too!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, krunk said:

I thought Okereke was fine. Our DBs kept letting up catch after catch. Not just to Julio either.

That’s what happens when you play cover-2 and get zero pass rush against a good QB.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s what happens when you play cover-2 and get zero pass rush against a good QB.

I think all of the holding calls were accounting for some of that "zero" pass rush, to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easily JBs best game as a Colt    Drawing Atl offsides catching them with 12 on the field.   Crisp passing.  No really bad throws.  Great fakes on the RPOs

 

 Very good game.    

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The strength of schedule actually is a little easier after that KC game. We play a lot of bad QB.

If we get to 3-1 and lose to KC it is not the end of the world, I agree. We had to win today to get people's interest and we did :thmup:. Teams that start 2-1 make the playoffs 60% of the time since 1990 if anyone is wondering. At 3-1 it is 71%. I like those odds.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

You know, with the strength of schedule we've had these past 3 weeks, most people, including myself, didn't think we'd be very close to 3-0, even before Brissett was leading our team.  I'm still on the Brissett train. He had a excellent game today.

That might be the toughest 3 week stretch all season and we came out of it looking triumphant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im so glad Jacoby got this win! The Falcons fan base was so confident that they were going to blow us out. They didnt have that much respect for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DerekDiggler said:

Easily JBs best game as a Colt    Drawing Atl offsides catching them with 12 on the field.   Crisp passing.  No really bad throws.  Great fakes on the RPOs

 

 Very good game.    

I agree, the way he was drawing them offsides reminded me of Andrew. I look at things like too :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It was nice to see the veteran pass catchers get it done down the stretch and we didn’t have to rely on the two young guys.

Brissett threw to 9 different targets this afternoon.  Comfort level with the young guys looks like it's getting there.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Ey, stitches old buddy, gotta ask, did Brissett make enough veteran caliber throws for you today?  

Eh... Why are you asking the question in such a contentious way? Do you think I don't want him to succeed or something? :( On the very first page of this thread I  think I gave him big props for today's performance (and the comment applies for more than just this game). He made some very good plays, but more importantly he looked like he was in control of the offense and move the ball down the field very well. 

 

I think it is important for us(especially for Ballard and Reich) to critically evaluate Brissett this season because the consequences might span the next half a decade+ of Colts football. This includes the positives and the negatives of his game and it should be a holistic evaluation over the span of the season rather than based on single bad or good games. Every QB in the NFL is capable of having a horrible or a great game on a random Sunday... We should keep gathering impressions and amalgamate them into a more fully informed opinions by the end of the season.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He had a bunch of chunk plays today.

No, he had a few. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, krunk said:

I thought we were straight at DB but Ballard may have to make some moves during draft and offseason. We are good for letting up at least 24 against high powered offenses.

That's because they play cover 2 , which is designed to limit big plays , corners , safeties playing zone. They had an inconsistent rush today.  The system relies on pass rush heavily.  Good QB  , when dared to string together long drives and first downs eat it alive.  Ryan left a lot of points on the field also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Eh... Why are you asking the question in such a contentious way? Do you think I don't want him to succeed or something? :( On the very first page of this thread I  think I gave him big props for today's performance (and the comment applies for more than just this game). He made some very good plays, but more importantly he looked like he was in control of the offense and move the ball down the field very well. 

 

I think it is important for us(especially for Ballard and Reich) to critically evaluate Brissett this season because the consequences might span the next half a decade+ of Colts football. This includes the positives and the negatives of his game and it should be a holistic evaluation over the span of the season rather than based on single bad or good games. Every QB in the NFL is capable of having a horrible or a great game on a random Sunday... We should keep gathering impressions and amalgamate them into a more fully informed opinions by the end of the season.

Sorry didn't mean it to be contentious, just a bit "teasy"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Eh... Why are you asking the question in such a contentious way? Do you think I don't want him to succeed or something? :( On the very first page of this thread I  think I gave him big props for today's performance (and the comment applies for more than just this game). He made some very good plays, but more importantly he looked like he was in control of the offense and move the ball down the field very well. 

 

I think it is important for us(especially for Ballard and Reich) to critically evaluate Brissett this season because the consequences might span the next half a decade+ of Colts football. This includes the positives and the negatives of his game and it should be a holistic evaluation over the span of the season rather than based on single bad or good games. Every QB in the NFL is capable of having a horrible or a great game on a random Sunday... We should keep gathering impressions and amalgamate them into a more fully informed opinions by the end of the season.

It is a week to week thing, I agree. We should spank Oakland next week so next week will show me more. TY may be out but we still should beat that team. Just have to stay focused.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Easily JBs best game as a Colt    Drawing Atl offsides catching them with 12 on the field.   Crisp passing.  No really bad throws.  Great fakes on the RPOs

 

 Very good game.    

Catching 12 on the field was on Kelly.  He was calling JB to line up quickly.  Not even sure JB saw it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...