Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 3 impressions: Brissett

GoColts8818

He put the team on his back today.  Could easily have scored on that final drive, which means he only had 1 unproductive drive all afternoon.

Particularly impressive because he did most of his carrying in the second half without his usual binky.  He really distributed today

If this is who he really is, then we don't have to worry about the QB position for awhile.

• Like 7

He can make all the throws. He was hitting guys perfectly in stride during the first half.

He's also decent at getting away from the rush.

Anthony had a tough stretch on the left side during this game. 

Plenty of positives to build on.

D's gotta be better though. They would have had Andrew sweating today.

• Like 1

taking advantage of the opportunity thought he looks well today. made some really great throws today. liked the play calling as well. i think JB will only get better with time in this system and more game play. What has been a bit of a surprise to me is how he improvises in the pocket. He's got a good feel for extending plays. 

2 minutes ago, waka waka said:

taking advantage of the opportunity thought he looks well today. made some really great throws today. liked the play calling as well. i think JB will only get better with time in this system and more game play. What has been a bit of a surprise to me is how he improvises in the pocket. He's got a good feel for extending plays. 

I've said it is Rodgers like how he can extend  plays.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Yeah he did a great job....don't know what happened to the o-line today but in the 3rd quarter they looked real weak

In the 3rd quarter, didn’t the offense only run 3 plays?  Kind of difficult to conclude they looked weak, when it was only 3 plays. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

He put the team on his back today.  Could easily have scored on that final drive, which means he only had 1 unproductive drive all afternoon.

Particularly impressive because he did most of his carrying in the second half without his usual binky.  He really distributed today

If this is who he really is, then we don't have to worry about the QB position for awhile.

We need a legit number 2 WR though its becoming clear its not going to be Cain.

• Like 1

Loved his accuracy and ball placement on multiple throws... and on variety of throws. This is a serious area where he's improved a ton from 2017 til now. It's usually not something QBs improve much, but I love what I see from him in that aspect. 

Another thing that cannot be understated - his pocket awareness and movement has been great. That's another thing that was a knock on him last time he started. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

We need a legit number 2 WR though its becoming clear its not going to be Cain.

You dont know that. Way to early, took Reggie Wayne about 2 seasons. I promise Cain will show up more as we play more games. So will Campbell.

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Who's out there that can replace TY, though?

Dez?  haha.

Nobody.  We'd be adding depth, not talent off the top  Unless we pick up the crazy that is Antonio brown (and * NO!!!!!) there's no other way to do it

That said, if a team is fading at the deadline and wants to move some more expensive pieces we're in a great position.