Colts Vs. Falcons Game Day Thread

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think we're finally seeing Ballard's vision come to life... ironically without the foundation piece we all had in mind. 

I'm sure that's against the personal conduct policy. 

Just so you all know, I started Ryan over Brissett in the Forum League today just to hoodoo him..

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• According to Over The Cap the Colts will be paying Wentz 25.4 million in 2021, 22 million in 2022, 25 million in 2023 and 26 million in 2024.  The Eagles will be eating the pro rated bonus part of the contract. 
    • Clearly you are speaking to yourself in regards to wishing you had the time back that it took to reply to what we wrote... 
    • I’ll preface this by saying in Ballard’s 4 classes he’s drafted atleast 8 players in every draft and made multiple trades in all of them. We currently have 6 picks and I don't see us finishing the draft without 8-9 players selected, I wanted to have a purpose behind the trades I made and I tried to make the draft trades as realistic as possible for both teams   In-House: ($43.6m in cap) Restructuring Ryan Kelly - Saving $6.75m  Trade Jack Doyle to the Patriots for P155 - Saving $4.5m   Colts Free Agents: ($54.8m in cap) Xavier Rhodes - $16m/2 Justin Houston - $20m/2 TJ Carrie - $1m/1 Al-Quadin Muhammad - $3m/1 George Odum - $1m/1 Ashton Dulin - $540k/1 Zach Pascal - $2.2m/1 Mo Alie-Cox - $2.2m/1   Rhodes - Whether he re-signs or leaves I think we need to add 2 corners in the offseason, I don’t see Ballard letting him go unless he demands crazy $   Houston - I’m not the biggest fan of the edge class and I don’t think Ballard will pay big for any of the free agents DEs. Houston’s our best bet and was more productive last year than his stats show.   Free Agency: ($26.8m in cap)  Zach Ertz TE - $5m/1 Marvin Jones WR - $21m/2 James Hurst OT - $2.5m/1 Deatrich Wise DE $10m/2 Todd Davis LB - $1m/1   Ertz - Philly is likely to cut him, he’d be a favorite to land here and reunite with Frank and Wentz   Jones - Gives us room to address other needs in the draft, while filling a crucial need for a few years. Pittman, Jones, and Campbell can be fantastic, especially if PC breaks out and stays healthy.   Hurst - A cheap option to start at LT until our rookie takes over.   Wise - Would be filling the Autry role, giving us a rotational player that you can put anywhere on the DL.   Davis - LB competition and potential depth.   Trading 21 (800) to Baltimore for 27 + ‘22 2nd (around 820) Lamar gets a WR1 in Rashod Bateman   Trading 27 (680) to Dallas for 44 + 75 (675) Dallas gets much needed secondary help in Trevon Moehrig The Cowboys are a playoff team in position to jump back into the first round, rather than the rebuilding teams that have picks in early R2   Draft:  R2P44 - Greg Newsome II CB Northwestern R2P54 - Daviyon Nixon DT Iowa R3P75 - Patrick Jones DE Pittsburgh R4123 - Brady Christensen OT BYU R5155 (from NE) - Tamorrion Terry WR FSU R5162 - Divine Deablo LB/S Virginia Tech R6203 - Jermar Jefferson RB Oregon State R7243 - Brendan Jaimes OT Nebraska   Newsome - I think CB is still a need even if Rhodes returns. Newsome can play on both boundaries, off and press man, and is excellent in zone coverage. He’s one of my favorites in the entire class.   Nixon - Another one of my favorites in the draft. Nixon's insanely athletic at 300 lbs, is already a good run defender and I think his potential as an disruptive interior pass rusher is huge. Mixing him on a line with Houston, Buckner, and Stewart would be a much needed boost.   Jones - He’s an athletic freak at DE and another player whose pass rush upside is huge, and while I’m weary about the Colts developing pass rushers, I think Jones is someone they can take a risk on.   Christensen - I think Brady is going to be a draft riser, he’s got an incredible football IQ at the position, and only allowed one sack in 409 pass block snaps in 2020. He’ll need to improve his strength to handle the better DEs in the NFL but he’s got the potential to be a stonewall at the position for years.   Terry - He's 6'4" and has the perfect mix of speed, strength, burst, and agility. A playmaking downfield threat that I think has the ability to be a true WR2 on a team. He has issues with drops but if he can fix that, the ceiling as a WR is skyhigh.   Deablo - Versatility at LB/S, can contribute on ST   Jefferson - A quick change of pace back, would be the RB4 behind Wilkins.   Jaimes - Late round OL depth, PS candidate   
    • I think KVN is strictly a 3-4 OLB.   I don’t see him as a 4-3 DE.    He’s more of an “effort” guy and not a freaky athletic guy that Ballard is looking for. 
    • Looks like his deal was in the 12-13 million range.   He's still young.  20 lbs lighter than Houston.  Who we paid 10 million ish a yr IIRC   Maybe could bulk up, But I think Mathis played at about that weight (250) correct?   He had a pretty good 2020 season.      And like you said versatile.      I don't know.   Just seems like a Ballard move.  I'm not endorsing yet.  Just throwing it out there for opinions. SO thanks for the comment     
  • Members

• Fluke_33

Fluke_33 2,611

• chad72

chad72 7,141

• legend300

legend300 63

• danlhart87

danlhart87 7,419

• 427HR

427HR 1

Rookie