Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
chad72

Antonio Brown released by Patriots

Recommended Posts

If his agent cares about him beyond $$$, he should get him mental health help, just like Josh Gordon sought his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol sucks Antonio.. should've just shut up and played in Pitt

Heck all he had to do is shut up and played in NE.  The texts he sent got him the boot and lost him 10 million guaranteed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If his agent cares about him beyond $$$, he should get him mental health help, just like Josh Gordon sought his.

If that was a thing that was ever likely to happen, I think he'd still be a Patriot.

 

As I understand it, he issued threats against his accuser early this morning.  That's more than enough to get released from any organization in football.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

Heck all he had to do is shut up and played in NE.  The texts he sent got him the boot and lost him 10 million guaranteed.

 

A leopard doesn’t change its spots. Are you really surprised? I get it, you wanted this reclamation project like some other ones to work out for your team but this one was beyond repair.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His NFL career is done. If he can’t make it with NE no team will be able to make it work.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chad72 said:

 

A leopard doesn’t change its spots. Are you really surprised? I get it, you wanted this reclamation project like some other ones to work out for your team but this one was beyond repair.

Oh God i was happy when they signed him I was hoping he be smart and just shut up and play football.  Mind you these texts were done after he was signed.. that was a No No with the Pats.

 

mind you they didn’t need him. There are not many teams who could challenge them before well 8 or 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

His NFL career is done. If he can’t make it with NE no team will be able to make it work.

Exactly! If your an owner would you think your HC would be able to reign him in if the best HC right now couldn’t? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys like Ramsey are one thing.  I honestly think Ramsey started agitating for a trade mostly because he was afraid he was in danger of wasting his prime in a bad situation.  There was a rationality behind his decision to want a trade.  It was selfish, but it was there. Ramsey at least mostly has his head down and is focused on getting himself into a good situation.  He knows where the line is and mostly stays on the right side of it. 


Brown is just insane at this point.  I'm not even sure he knows what he wants, and he has zero self control.  Brown doesn't care where the line is and hasn't for years.  He just shot his way out of 2 different good situations because he couldn't keep his mouth closed.  May he enjoy living in the Kaepernick Zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait! There are rules? Boundaries? Expectations?

And they apply, to various degrees, to everyone?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am actually proud of the Pats for doing this. Brown thinks he is above the NFL, that is clear to most. He dissed the Steelers and Raiders. He is a Diva and has sexual assault allegations against him. It took a guy like Bill Belichick to say goodbye! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Wait! There are rules? Boundaries? Expectations?

And they apply, to various degrees, to everyone?

For Antonio Brown....you might as well be speaking Latin.

 

He is a study in narcissism like no other.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

His NFL career is done. If he can’t make it with NE no team will be able to make it work.

 

At the very very least not until these sexual assault allegations are dealt with. He's also on the backend of his prime, so if it takes some time for these to be dealt with, will teams ever want to take on that personality for anything less than top 10 WR production?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belichick didn't screw around.  The deal was pretty clear, put one toe out of line, you're gone.  He put a toe out of line.  He's gone.  That's how good coaches and GMs work.  Everyone is accountable for their actions.

 

I like to think Ballard would have done the exact same thing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is simply LOL

 

i doubt he's done, but this is a huge hit to his career. he better seek some time with a shrink or life coach.....  what a dumb sheet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

this is simply LOL

 

i doubt he's done, but this is a huge hit to his career. he better seek some time with a shrink or life coach.....  what a dumb sheet.

Tens of millions of dollars thrown away beeause you can't keep off social media and focus on the job?

 

There's no word harsh enough.  "*" doesn't even come close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

Tens of millions of dollars thrown away beeause you can't keep off social media and focus on the job?

 

There's no word harsh enough.  "*" doesn't even come close.

 

And he really looked good catching passes from Brady.... could have been a great year for him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's get that 100 page thread going again calling Ballard and many of us on this board * who didn't want this guy.

 

Should be fun.. Lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have loved hearing the convo between Brown and the hoodie today. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I would have loved hearing the convo between Brown and the hoodie today. 

I bet it was interesting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knew it wouldn't be long because they really didn't need him in the first place.  Add the rape stuff and it's a very short leash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I would have loved hearing the convo between Brown and the hoodie today. 

BB: Antonio come to my office

 

AB: (enters office close door)

 

BB: remember how I said if you messed up your gone and you lose all the money

 

AB: Yes coach

 

 BB: you didn’t mess up, you totally messed up your cut and we aren’t paying you.. Good Bye..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

BB: Antonio come to my office

 

AB: (enters office close door)

 

BB: remember how I said if you messed up your gone and you lose all the money

 

AB: Yes coach

 

 BB: you didn’t mess up, you totally messed up your cut and we aren’t paying you.. Good Bye..

You forgot

  Turn in your playbook before you leave Foxboro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

BB: Antonio come to my office

 

AB: (enters office close door)

 

BB: remember how I said if you messed up your gone and you lose all the money

 

AB: Yes coach

 

 BB: you didn’t mess up, you totally messed up your cut and we aren’t paying you.. Good Bye..

I like to believe BB was forced to read him the released text messages.   Man that would be funny.    

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

BB: Antonio come to my office

 

AB: (enters office close door)

 

BB: remember how I said if you messed up your gone and you lose all the money

 

AB: Yes coach

 

 BB: you didn’t mess up, you totally messed up your cut and we aren’t paying you.. Good Bye..

 

You think Bill would have said that much?  

 

I did think if anyone could reign him in it would be the Pats.  I also don't think Bill would allow any one player to disrupt the team.

 

Brown had a short leash and he had to jerk on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belichick: "Is it true what I heard?"


AB: "Umm, yes coach, it's true. I threatened my accuser over the phone."


Belichick: "W-WHAT!? No, I was referring to you farting in that doctor's face! What are you talking about!?"


AB: "Oops..."

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

Guys like Ramsey are one thing.  I honestly think Ramsey started agitating for a trade mostly because he was afraid he was in danger of wasting his prime in a bad situation.  There was a rationality behind his decision to want a trade.  It was selfish, but it was there. Ramsey at least mostly has his head down and is focused on getting himself into a good situation.  He knows where the line is and mostly stays on the right side of it. 


Brown is just insane at this point.  I'm not even sure he knows what he wants, and he has zero self control.  Brown doesn't care where the line is and hasn't for years.  He just shot his way out of 2 different good situations because he couldn't keep his mouth closed.  May he enjoy living in the Kaepernick Zone.

He said in Interviews he sees himself in Las Vegas playing..... No one chooses to go to that raiders team if they are worried about wasting their prime..... His motives have nothing to do with competitiveness, just watch some interviews.  He's got the smarts of a turnip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I thought we’d go 8-8 or 9-7 with JB, the rooks, turmoil of losing a franchise QB. we’re not that far off, even with all the injuries.  Which were many.   I was hoping we’d squeak in the playoffs.   I also thought Frank wanted an offense that put pressure on the D.  I really didnt see the creativity i did last year.  Not gimmicks, But creativity in formations and playcalling.  Perhaps it was due to our losses at WR and TE.  I also was confused by our bi-polar personality when it comes to risk and being aggressive.   I dont think the sky is falling (long-term), but some changes, and perhaps tweaks, are necessary.
    • I did that already either you understand it or you don't 
    • We currently have pick 15--if Tua is still available, would you take a punt and pick him, with the thought he would miss his rookie season?
    • Well, I have not thought the team was bad since Ballard got a year under his belt and hired his own coach. They have had struggles...as any rebuilding does, but the Colts also lost their schemed for QB. Every team gets injuries, but the positions that the Colts have lost to injury are particularly important to the development of a new QB.   Let's just think about what if......   What if the Colts take a high draft pick at QB next year....and the guy faces what JB had to face in the two years he has been a starter. Few would get through and remain as a starter, unaffected career wise by the losses, the scrutiny, and the pressure. Verrrrrry few. Thank the stars that the Colts have a QB that is as tough as Jacoby Brissett is. He is double tough. I would take his toughness against ANY QB coming out in the draft. He may not be that guy, but he is the right guy right now.....and for the forseeable future, until that guy becomes a possibility. Just because there is  a few QB's slotted to go high in the draft, doesn't mean it is the right year to snag one.    In the meantime, keep adding pieces, and manage the cap. When the Colts name is called in the draft, I want them to take the player that they see is a franchise player....regardless of the position. If that is a QB, so be it. But let's not become a struggling franchise that passes on a golden player to grasp for a QB.
    • Depending on a series of decisions we make this off-season I wouldn’t rule out drafting a RB in the 4 rounds.  (I’m assuming by 5 picks you meant 4 rounds?  With 2 picks in R2, that’s the way the math breaks down.)    Just thinking out loud.   I think it’s way too early to rule most things in or out.     
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...