Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final falcons predictions

Stephen

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would boo Luck, but not Vinny. Vinny has won 4 SB's, played until he's 46, and is the greatest kicker of all time. You're right, I've never been to a home game, but apparently they boo Luck.

You say Vinny is revered here? Well, Luck wasn't revered here, so what gives you the idea Vinny is?

Luck was booed by a handful of fans.   The stadium was practically empty.    Also,   if the Colts held a press conference before the game and Andrew explained himself,   he would have gotten a standing ovation.    

• Like 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

We'll see then. The exact situation I said will be tough to happen exactly (down a fg as time expires), but if it does, remember my prediction as the boos come raining down (and I love Vinny).

Did you not see my response that it would be the outcome not the player the dedicated Lucas Oil Patrons will be upset about 

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Luck was booed by a handful of fans.   The stadium was practically empty.    Also,   if the Colts held a press conference before the game and Andrew explained himself,   he would have gotten a standing ovation.    

Luck was booed by a handful of fans because the stadium was empty, otherwise the whole stadium boos him. The second part is a complete lie, as usual, by you.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We'll see then. The exact situation I said will be tough to happen exactly (down a fg as time expires), but if it does, remember my prediction as the boos come raining down (and I love Vinny).

You said you wouldn't boo him.  You admittedly over react to most things .  The home town fans won't boo him

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck was booed by a handful of fans because the stadium was empty, otherwise the whole stadium boos him. The second part is a complete lie, as usual, by you.

Yeah,   cause you know the home town fan base.   Get real.    

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Agreed. And a preseason crowd, nevertheless. Not to say season ticket members are more classy, but there is a reason Lucas Oil is voted best gameday experience each year. Our fans are generally hospitable/respectful. 

And yes, many season ticket members skip preseason games, or give them away. I often do. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You said you wouldn't boo him.  You admittedly over react to most things .  The home town fans won't boo him

Yeah,   cause you know the home town fan base.   Get real.    

I hope you're right. He doesn't deserve to get booed. However, I am not a representative of the average fan when they get emotional.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not true. That stadium was practically filled that night and gave Chuck Pagano a standing ovation. 

Andrew Luck will be at a home game this year, perhaps even Sunday and there will be a standing ovation when he's shown on the big screen. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

On the booing topic...I don't think everybody or even most people would boo Vinny (I definitely wouldn't), but to think there won't be some immature or even inebriated fans in the stands who would boo? There's always bad apples in the bunch. Hopefully they'd get drowned out though.

Yeah,   I said there are knuckleheads every where

• Like 1

I will only say that the offense has to come out hot.     No 3 and outside in the first quarter.    I hate to say it.   Jacoby is still settling in.   The defense is banged up.  

Falcons 28 

Colts.     17

I obviously hope I'm wrong.    Frank needs to take the training wheels off.  Jacoby was great with the long ball in 17.  Dial up some shots.   Get the safeties out of the box.   Then the running game can really be explosive.    The passing offense started similar last year, then took off.  Hoping for the same 

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Matt Ryan is a good, seasoned QB.  The Colts defense doesn’t usually fare well when facing good QBs.  Lots of players out for Indy.  Could be a long day for our defense.  I’d be surprised if the Colts score enough to outpace the Falcons in this one.  

There isn’t  lot of player out for the colts.

1st home game atmosphere. Brissett 250 yds passing and 2 TD. OL paves the way for a 100+ yard rushing game. Offense has a good day. 

Defense struggles in passing game with strong receivers for ATL. Secondary and DL make a few clutch plays to end long drives and squeeze out a win at home.

28 - 24 Colts

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

There isn’t  lot of player out for the colts.

Yeah...I should have said several key players out or possibly missing.  

Darius Leonard, Jamal Sheard are out.

Possibly Marlon Mack & T.Y.  as both are questionable.

Pierre Desir could be gimpy if he does play.  Colts corners will have a tough task with Julio and Ridley.  

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah it was actually still pretty full...I was there. You are correct though, it was only a handful of fans, and Bears fans who didn’t know what they were booing at.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I will only say that the offense has to come out hot.     No 3 and outside in the first quarter.    I hate to say it.   Jacoby is still settling in.   The defense is banged up.  

Falcons 28 

Colts.     17

I obviously hope I'm wrong.    Frank needs to take the training wheels off.  Jacoby was great with the long ball in 17.  Dial up some shots.   Get the safeties out of the box.   Then the running game can really be explosive.    The passing offense started similar last year, then took off.  Hoping for the same 

I am not sure I completely understand the whole "Frank needs to let Jacoby loosen up" talk.  Do you think Frank's plays only have one option?  Might there be an option, that may not be the first read, that is further down field and is getting open?  In fact yes there is.  The TV announcers even showed a play where Hilton was open on a downfield crosser but Jacoby didn't see it.

I don't have access to the all 22 so I don't know how often this is or isn't happening, and I am only emphasizing that there is more than one target on each play.

This goes to point out that Jacoby is often times either throwing to the first read, or the check down. You can see the agitation in Jacoby when his first read is not open, he frantically looks around an then pulls the ball down and tries to run.

When Frank says "we need to get more production in the pass game, but that will come", he is really saying "Jacoby is still getting comfortable and only throwing to the high percentage target, but as he gets more comfortable HE will start to open up and take downfield shots".  Now, maybe Frank starts calling more plays where the first read is the downfield target, but that usually needs to be a decision by the QB based on what the defense is showing (single coverage).