Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
dw49

Montcrief News

Speaking Thursday, Steelers OC Randy Fichtner criticized Donte Moncrief's pass catching so far this season.

"I had a coach a long time ago say you have to put the word receive into receiver," was Fichtner's brutal assessment. Moncrief was probably the worst receiver in football through the season's first two weeks. He has since been benched for James Washington. Especially with Ben Roethlisberger on the shelf, Moncrief is safely droppable.

SOURCE: Mark Kaboly on Twitter

Sep 19, 2019, 3:06 PM ET

I always thought he caught to much with his body, not just with the hands. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Always jumped up in the air too for a catch - drives me nuts 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Cause he has stone hands like Dwayne allen.

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Always jumped up in the air too for a catch - drives me nuts 

jerome pathon syndrome

Always seemed like he enjoyed working on his dance moves and playing the guitar after a TD more than he did improving his craft as a receiver. 

• Like 1

Remembering the days people said he was better than T.Ylmao

Then Revis locked him up that whole game lmao

5 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

At least Allen could block.. 

Nevermind that Moncrief has a broken finger and should probably not have taken the field in the first place.

But no, he was never all that good at his job and I have no idea why he was considered a big FA target for the Steelers.

On 9/20/2019 at 4:43 PM, Imgrandojji said:

Nevermind that Moncrief has a broken finger and should probably not have taken the field in the first place.

But no, he was never all that good at his job and I have no idea why he was considered a big FA target for the Steelers.

He was for the Jags as well. I don't know what the Steelers gave him, but the Jags gave him a 10 million 1 year contract, which helped us with a supplemental pick..

On 9/20/2019 at 10:43 AM, jameszeigler834 said:

Remind me to never get on your bad side.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 8:35 AM, jameszeigler834 said:

What Allen was just as terrible.

Let's have a 2014 argument... Not as bad as Fleener!

11 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Let's have a 2014 argument... Not as bad as Fleener!

Fleener even had better numbers than him.

On 9/20/2019 at 9:05 AM, MPStack said:

I always thought he didn't catch much with either his body or his hands.:lol: