Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Favorite Luck moments/videos/passes

RockThatBlue

5 hours ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

Also, to think he wasn't going to go into the NFL with no injuries and some sort of depression he is very naive.  He should of just not entered the league. Almost every player will give you list of injuries and some sort of depression or trial they've had to overcome or face everyday. It's the guys that truly love the game that stick it out and want to play. For example, look at Brees and big Ben. They've been hurt so much in their career and just got hurt and they want to keep playing no matter what. As I previously stated. Luck just never loved the game as much as most players.

I will argue one point here, Ben should have stopped a LONG time ago. He has had a % ton of concussions, I wouldn’t be suprised if he has CTE in the future along with other issues

24 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

Not if you feel like a professional athlete backstabbed you when he doesnt owe you %

Never said he did owe me anything. But the fact is, regardless of reason, regardless of how righteous those were, he flat out quit on this team, this city and this fan base. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He didn't back stab anyone.   He made a choice for his life.    Get a grip

So if a soldier walks away from his unit as they are getting ready to go into battle, does he not desert? 

Just now, CantBeStopped said:

The same way they quit on him his first 5 seasons. Got it

Did they leave the team?

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

So if a soldier walks away from his unit as they are getting ready to go into battle, does he not desert? 

Did they leave the team?

This isn't the military.   It's a child's game played by millionaires.    Apple's and hammers 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Did they leave the team?

We aren't talking about freaking soldiers. He is an athlete with a wife and a baby on the way. Hes had broken ribs, a torn shoulder, lacerated kidney, concussions, ect. His family is way more important than you stuffing wings in your mouth telling at your tv

Just now, CantBeStopped said:

We aren't talking about freaking soldiers. He is an athlete with a wife and a baby on the way. Hes had broken ribs, a torn shoulder, lacerated kidney, concussions, ect. His family is way more important than you stuffing wings in your mouth yelling at your tv

4 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Look, whether or not the decision to retire was advantageous Luck was or how much of a trifle one considers the game of football, he unexpectedly quit on the team, which affected a multitude of people; there is no other way to put it.  

It's an insignificant decision in the grand scheme.    Go get run over by a car a few times and see if you want to do it again.   Nobody lost more than Andrew.   His next contract would have been massive.   He made a choice for him and his family.   Jacoby is our qb now.   The end

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Luck left the best team he will ever have. He will have to live with that, I hope he enjoys his life, hope he maintains health, and he a very good player here. He blew a chance though to win a SB or 2 IMO. That is his decision though and I am moving on.

Jacoby will lead us there.  Maybe not this year,   but I like that kid

• Like 4

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Did they leave the team?

You can blame Luck for retiring in his prime (I'm curious if you feel the same about Barry Sanders), but the "getting ready to go into battle" timing is all on the Colts organization.

If you don't understand by now that Irsay, Ballard, Reich & Co. got Andrew to postpone any final decision and corresponding announcement in the hope that he might change his mind (and to preserve season ticket sales), then you're almost being malicious in your continued negative attitude toward Luck.

If you have a beef with the decision to retire itself, then your beef is with Luck.  But if your beef is with the timing of it, then your beef is with the Indianapolis Colts.  You need to bury the hatchet and quit bad-mouthing Andrew Luck.  :shake:

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You can blame Luck for retiring in his prime (I'm curious if you feel the same about Barry Sanders), but the "getting ready to go into battle" timing is all on the Colts organization.

If you don't understand by now that Irsay, Ballard, Reich & Co. got Andrew to postpone any final decision and corresponding announcement in the hope that he might change his mind (and to preserve season ticket sales), then you're almost being malicious in your continued negative attitude toward Luck.

If you have a beef with the decision to retire itself, then your beef is with Luck.  But if your beef is with the timing of it, then your beef is with the Indianapolis Colts.  You need to bury the hatchet and quit bad-mouthing Andrew Luck.  :shake:

I blame both...

that said. I’m truly over it, not bad mouthing anyone. Everything I’ve said is a fact. Luck quit. Plain and simple. 

You all can gang up on me all you want. It wont change the simple fact that Luck quit, regardless of reason, on his team right before the season, leaving them to scramble. 

That said, Brissett is has to started to prove that maybe, just maybe, Luck is somewhat replaceable. 

I am among those extremely pleased with how Brissett has performed to date. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Luck quit. Plain and simple. 

You all can gang up on me all you want. It wont change the simple fact that Luck quit, regardless of reason, on his team right before the season, leaving them to scramble.

I don't know if it's just semantics, but do you see a difference between "quit" and "retire"?  Which one did Barry Sanders do?  Michael Jordan?  What about Patrick Willis and Chris Borland?

And you bring up "right before the season" again, so I think your issue is the timing, which, again, falls on the organization.  If Luck had announced his retirement in March, how would you feel about him?  It's not like Luck blindsided the organization a week before kickoff.  They knew.  They knew for a while before Schefter ever got wind of it.  They just didn't want it to be true, just like you and me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I blame both...

that said. I’m truly over it, not bad mouthing anyone. Everything I’ve said is a fact. Luck quit. Plain and simple. 

That said, Brissett is has to started to prove that maybe, just maybe, Luck is somewhat replaceable. 

I am among those extremely pleased with how Brissett has performed to date. 

You're argument turned to nonsense when you compared him to service members.    I'm guessing you've never served.     But our boys in battle can't quit,   they don't make millions and their lives are in danger at times.   Football and serving in the military aren't close

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm guessing you've never served.

I think @csmopar did serve IIRC.  I know he works in law enforcement in some capacity.

But it's still apples to hammers, we're not talking about protecting and serving or making the ultimate sacrifice.

We need to remember that we're talking about entertainers.  In the context of Antonio Brown and Jamarcus Russell, we should thank our Lucky stars we had Andrew Luck entertaining us for as long as we did.

7 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I think @csmopar did serve IIRC.  I know he works in law enforcement in some capacity.

But it's still apples to hammers, we're not talking about protecting and serving or making the ultimate sacrifice.

We need to remember that we're talking about entertainers.  In the context of Antonio Brown and Jamarcus Russell, we should thank our Lucky stars we had Andrew Luck entertaining us for as long as we did.

I thank my lucky stars for my brothers in arms that protect us every day.  We live our lives,   working for the weekend.  We get to live our lives and watch our favorite teams on the weekends.   Comparing football players to service members is a disgrace

25 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You're argument turned to nonsense when you compared him to service members.    I'm guessing you've never served.     But our boys in battle can't quit,   they don't make millions and their lives are in danger at times.   Football and serving in the military aren't close

I’m a 14 year Army vet. I know exactly what it’s like to serve. I also have seen those who quit. I’ve also had the very unfortunate experience of not everyone in the unit coming home alive, or even intact

While no, they are not the same, what is the same is that any team, regardless of mission or sport, is only as strong as a combination of all its members. What Luck did to this team, while not as serious as deserting in combat, is still a detriment to his now former team. He left his teammates at the last minute. After weeks of parading around like he was gearing up to play. He led people on.

do I fault him for retiring to save his health and happiness for himself and his family, absolutely not.

i fault him for the manner in which he did it, the timing and ultimately that is what I mean by the deserting of his teammates and the back stabbing.

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I thank my lucky stars for my brothers in arms that protect us every day.  We live our lives,   working for the weekend.  We get to live our lives and watch our favorite teams on the weekends.   Comparing football players to service members is a disgrace

You entirely are missing my point

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

do I fault him for retiring to save his health and happiness for himself and his family, absolutely not.

i fault him for the manner in which he did it, the timing and ultimately that is what I mean by the deserting of his teammates and the back stabbing.

But the manner in which he did it was because of Irsay/Ballard/Reich asking him to do it that way... so you can't really fault Luck for how it played out.

What was he supposed to say?  "Screw your hope that I'll change my mind and screw your season ticket sales.  I retire NOW!"

No.  Andrew is a good dude (a good soldier), so he did what was asked of him.  He kept quiet and stayed the course until it was deemed "appropriate" for him to announce his retirement.  That just got undermined by the leak and the Schefter tweet.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I don't know if it's just semantics, but do you see a difference between "quit" and "retire"?  Which one did Barry Sanders do?  Michael Jordan?  What about Patrick Willis and Chris Borland?

And you bring up "right before the season" again, so I think your issue is the timing, which, again, falls on the organization.  If Luck had announced his retirement in March, how would you feel about him?  It's not like Luck blindsided the organization a week before kickoff.  They knew.  They knew for a while before Schefter ever got wind of it.  They just didn't want it to be true, just like you and me.

If he’d announced it in March, I’d been sad, but okay with it. That would have been the honorable way to go about it. 

Like i said, I’m ready to move on. Nothing anyone says is going to change my opinion on the matter, nor will anything I say, change yours. I am ready to fully support the team we have and am thrilled with how they are managing this whole situation thus far. Brissett is my team’s QB. Period. Luck is gone, he’s likely never coming back so it’s passed time to move on 

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m a 14 year Army vet. I know exactly what it’s like to serve. I also have seen those who quit. I’ve also had the very unfortunate experience of not everyone in the unit coming home alive, or even intact

While no, they are not the same, what is the same is that any team, regardless of mission or sport, is only as strong as a combination of all its members. What Luck did to this team, while not as serious as deserting in combat, is still a detriment to his now former team. He left his teammates at the last minute. After weeks of parading around like he was gearing up to play. He led people on.

It's a game.   Ok.  It's a game.      

Those in the military it's not a game.   I'm not going to question your service here because it would be futile.   But if you were in fact a service member,  you should  know better

26 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's a game.   Ok.  It's a game.      

Those in the military it's not a game.   I'm not going to question your service here because it would be futile.   But if you were in fact a service member,  you should  know better

My service has been pointed out on this forum for years.  Question it all you want, but I’ll gladly meet you any time and show you my DD214s if you so wish. Along with dozens of photos and other resources. 

Again, I am not saying football and the military are one in the same. Good gawd, 

What is the same is the team mindset. You either are willing to lay it on the line for your team or you’re not. Andrew wasn’t, that’s fine. Where he went wrong was making people think he was. Right up until that very game.

• Like 1

Just now, csmopar said:

My service has been pointed out on this forum for years.  Question it all you want, but I’ll gladly meet you any time and show you my DD214s if you so wish. Along with dozens of photos and other resources. 

Again, I am not saying football and the military are one in the same. Good gawd, get your nose out of your fifth point of contact. 

What is the same is the team mindset. You either are willing to lay it on the line for your team or you’re not. Andrew wasn’t, that’s fine. Where he went wrong was making people think he was. Right up until that very game.

Wrong.   One is life or death.   The other doesn't really matter.   

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Wrong.   One is life or death.   The other doesn't really matter.   

No one makes it out of life alive. The only thing that does is how history remembers us. For most of us, outside of our circle of family and friends, our memory will fade out. Eventually it’ll fade out completely,

for people like Andrew Luck, who are blessed enough to be known around the world, a sports world, history will forever remember the moment he quit/retired. They won’t remember or talk about the little things he did, no his legacy will be defined as one who quit in his prime. And that is the truest tragedy of all. 

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No one makes it out of life alive. The only thing that does is how history remembers us. For most of us, outside of our circle of family and friends, our memory will fade out. Eventually it’ll fade out completely,

for people like Andrew Luck, who are blessed enough to be known around the world, a sports world, history will forever remember the moment he quit/retired. They won’t remember or talk about the little things he did, no his legacy will be defined as one who quit in his prime. And that is the truest tragedy of all. 

No way you served.