Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Favorite Luck moments/videos/passes


RockThatBlue

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't find the video of it but I remember one time penalties and sacks backed us up to like a 3rd and 27 or something like that.

 

Most people would say you are punting on the next down, but somehow I had a feeling that something special was about to happen.

 

Luck dropped a bomb to Hilton for the TD.  

 

It was early in their careers so I can't seem to find the video of it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I still have NO idea what that little demonstration was for.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to quit my previous job. I told the Director that I had thoughts about quitting. She told me to think it over.

 

During the period of time where I was thinking it over, I kept doing my job. I attended meetings, events, and turned in project reports.

 

Once I was sure that I no longer wanted to work their, I informed the director that I had made up my mind and I provided my notice.

 

Would my previous co-workers say, "What was that little demonstration for? Attending meetings and events, and turning in reports?" Of course not.

 

Similarly, Luck had discussions with Ballard and Reich. They told him to think it over, which all parties have attested to. During that period of time, since he was still a member of the Colts, he was gong to do everything previously scheduled for him as part of his rehab -- as if he was working towards getting back on the field, including throwing sessions, warm ups, etc...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Too soon for me.

im still scratchin my head about it.

iheard Kravitz say he had a PRIVATE conversation with Peyton about the Luck retirement.  He wouldnt give the details , but i'm pretty sure i know what Peyton's stance would be.  

I heard Kravitz say that on JMV but I couldn’t decide what Peyton thought. Did he think it was weak of Luck to walk away that young & close to the start of the season?  Or did he think it was good of Luck because the organization saddled him with Grigson & Pagano & got him slaughtered for 5 seasons?  Which do you think?  Or bits of both?

Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite is the Superman dive against KC in the playoff comeback.

 

1546981872_0ap2000000309101_video_cp.jpg

 

9 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Why is there a thread about an ex-Colt in the Colts Football Forum?

 

Same reason we still have threads about Peyton Manning in the Colts section... duh.

 

3 hours ago, Jdubu said:

My favorite is that his drama crap is done with. That was a lot of drama for 2-3 years. Moving on. 

 

3 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Who’s luck?

 

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I know what my least favorite moment is.

 

Might be too soon for this thread.  

 

2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

My favorite?  When he played us all with that little endzone drill just before he quit.

 

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

To simply twist the knife when he back stabbed us.

 

Man, ya'll sound like the jilted ex-girlfriend...  :funny:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

My favorite is the Superman dive against KC in the playoff comeback.

 

1546981872_0ap2000000309101_video_cp.jpg

 

 

Same reason we still have threads about Peyton Manning in the Colts section... duh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Man, ya'll sound like the jilted ex-girlfriend...  :funny:

More like an ex-wife after learning of an affair but I like your line of thinking

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

No video for my favorite Luck story.    But I believe Arians told this story his rookie year.

 

Luck has been drafted,  but is going back and forth between Indy and Stanford so he can finish classes and then graduate.    He's attending rookie mini-camps and doing well.    The coaches were impressed.

 

After this final camp,  the coaches walk Luck out to a car that will take him to the Indy airport.   They give him the biggest chunk of the playbook.    Situational football.    About 2/3rds of the total playbook.    Luck takes it.   The Colts employee drives him to the airport.

 

The assistant coaches, all standing there look at each other.   They know Luck is smart.   They say to each other,  "with that chunk of the playbook,  we won't hear from him for weeks!"     Luck flies home to San Francisco,  and then goes to Stanford.    How long could that all take?   6-8 hours?

 

He sends the coaches a four word text:     "Got it.   What's next?"


I always said the best part of Luck is his mind.    Sorry we didn't see more of it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

No video for my favorite Luck story.    But I believe Arians told this story his rookie year.

 

Luck has been drafted,  but is going back and forth between Indy and Stanford so he can finish classes and then graduate.    He's attending rookie mini-camps and doing well.    The coaches were impressed.

 

After this final camp,  the coaches walk Luck out to a car that will take him to the Indy airport.   They give him the biggest chunk of the playbook.    Situational football.    About 2/3rds of the total playbook.    Luck takes it.   The Colts employee drives him to the airport.

 

The assistant coaches, all standing there look at each other.   They know Luck is smart.   They say to each other,  "with that chunk of the playbook,  we won't hear from him for weeks!"     Luck flies home to San Francisco,  and then goes to Stanford.    How long could that all take?   6-8 hours?

 

He sends the coaches a four word text:     "Got it.   What's next?"


I always said the best part of Luck is his mind.    Sorry we didn't see more of it.

 

The worst part was his snow boarding ability.   I kid.    I love the kid.   Wish him nothing but success.   He will be great at whatever he decides to do

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I heard Kravitz say that on JMV but I couldn’t decide what Peyton thought. Did he think it was weak of Luck to walk away that young & close to the start of the season?  Or did he think it was good of Luck because the organization saddled him with Grigson & Pagano & got him slaughtered for 5 seasons?  Which do you think?  Or bits of both?

I think Peyton would go outthere on one leg if he could.

 

kinda ironic Luck retired not long after Peyton. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

My favorite is the Superman dive against KC in the playoff comeback.

 

1546981872_0ap2000000309101_video_cp.jpg

 

 

Same reason we still have threads about Peyton Manning in the Colts section... duh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Man, ya'll sound like the jilted ex-girlfriend...  :funny:

nope, just glad the drama of will he practice, is he injured and they just aren’t saying, is his shoulder still fine, is it a calf or an ankle, Yada, yada yada. Feel me dog? 
 

Luck was certainly a great guy and a heck of a player. He just quit. I’m looking forward to my team playing, not just Luck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Luck had every right to do what he did but as a fan I dont respect what he did. He led this team thinking he was going to play and everything was ok and retired a couple weeks before the season. I understand he was hurt but what player in the NFL isn't hurt including Qb's and you simply not wanting to play cause you're not 100% get the hell outta here, everyone in the NFL isn't a 100%. Hell T.Y. played the WR position and had 2 high ankle sprains. You hear most Qbs and players say after his retirement say they respect him for his decision but majority say they want to play as long of as they can because they love the game that much.  Luck just never loved the game that much. Luck was a great player and I enjoyed many Sunday's watching him play but he shouldn't be celebrated this much for what he did. He made his money and simply quit. 

 

Rant over.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely the entire comeback against KC. The fumble dive TD was just amazing.

Also, because some people had to % on a thread meant to celebrate a great player....

I may make some people angry with this, but if you are still upset over Luck deciding himself over us, YOU’RE the selfish one. Luck didn’t owe us %, yet all he did for our team, Indy, our state, and our community is massive. If you can’t respect someone retiring for mental health reasons, that’s shameful. The man went through shoulder surgery, concussions, leg rehab, a ruptured kidney where he was pissing blood, broken ribs, depresssion, mental health struggles, etc for our entertainment, and yet some people on here would still boo him. That’s just sad, and I would think that we were better than that.

I guess my expectations might be too high. Idk

Also, I’d bet my left arm that Manning was supportive of Luck’s decision.

:rantoff:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

Luck had every right to do what he did but as a fan I dont respect what he did. He led this team thinking he was going to play and everything was ok and retired a couple weeks before the season. I understand he was hurt but what player in the NFL isn't hurt including Qb's and you simply not wanting to play cause you're not 100% get the hell outta here, everyone in the NFL isn't a 100%. Hell T.Y. played the WR position and had 2 high ankle sprains. You hear most Qbs and players say after his retirement say they respect him for his decision but majority say they want to play as long of as they can because they love the game that much.  Luck just never loved the game that much. Luck was a great player and I enjoyed many Sunday's watching him play but he shouldn't be celebrated this much for what he did. He made his money and simply quit. 

 

Rant over.

Although I respect your opinion, I highly disagree. Playing hurt is a million times less painful than the mental health struggles Luck went through. I’ve been what he’s been through, having to quit football because I sustained so many concussions I still have lasting brain damage from them, and there is nothing that can pull you out of that state except removing yourself from the source of it. People on here are acting like Luck gave up. Luck didn’t give up, he was mentally unable to continue. It’d be like if a guy broke his back; he literally cannot go anymore. If you ever listen to anything I say on this forum, trust me when I say that it is not a quit or stay situation: it is a situation where you CANNOT continue to play.

 

Also, in regards to the money, is it Luck’s fault that entertainers make so much more than we do in today’s society? That sounds more like a cultural issue than one that Luck has control over.

2nd rant over

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Although I respect your opinion, I highly disagree. Playing hurt is a million times less painful than the mental health struggles Luck went through. I’ve been what he’s been through, having to quit football because I sustained so many concussions I still have lasting brain damage from them, and there is nothing that can pull you out of that state except removing yourself from the source of it. People on here are acting like Luck gave up. Luck didn’t give up, he was mentally unable to continue. It’d be like if a guy broke his back; he literally cannot go anymore. If you ever listen to anything I say on this forum, trust me when I say that it is not a quit or stay situation: it is a situation where you CANNOT continue to play.

 

Also, in regards to the money, is it Luck’s fault that entertainers make so much more than we do in today’s society? That sounds more like a cultural issue than one that Luck has control over.

2nd rant over

I agree. He has mental health struggles and I'm not saying I hate the guy cause I don't. I also agree that if he wanted to leave and do what's best for him so be it. I just dont like the way he went about it. Retiring 2 weeks before the season starts and letting everyone think everything was fine and a team on SB aspirations and to quit on your team like that. That's my issue. I love what he stands for. He's really a good dude, especially what he did for the whole city of Indiana but my grip is guys that should be celebrated as Colts are the guys who gave it there all and where greats of the team for a long time. Wayne, Marvin, Peyton, Saturday etc.. He's a guy that quit on his team, gm, coach, owner in the start of his prime. I hope he has a great life, I truly do and he has full of happiness but to me he will always be that guy that could of been on of the greats but hung them to early.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Although I respect your opinion, I highly disagree. Playing hurt is a million times less painful than the mental health struggles Luck went through. I’ve been what he’s been through, having to quit football because I sustained so many concussions I still have lasting brain damage from them, and there is nothing that can pull you out of that state except removing yourself from the source of it. People on here are acting like Luck gave up. Luck didn’t give up, he was mentally unable to continue. It’d be like if a guy broke his back; he literally cannot go anymore. If you ever listen to anything I say on this forum, trust me when I say that it is not a quit or stay situation: it is a situation where you CANNOT continue to play.

 

Also, in regards to the money, is it Luck’s fault that entertainers make so much more than we do in today’s society? That sounds more like a cultural issue than one that Luck has control over.

2nd rant over

Also, to think he wasn't going to go into the NFL with no injuries and some sort of depression he is very naive.  He should of just not entered the league. Almost every player will give you list of injuries and some sort of depression or trial they've had to overcome or face everyday. It's the guys that truly love the game that stick it out and want to play. For example, look at Brees and big Ben. They've been hurt so much in their career and just got hurt and they want to keep playing no matter what. As I previously stated. Luck just never loved the game as much as most players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

Also, to think he wasn't going to go into the NFL with no injuries and some sort of depression he is very naive.  He should of just not entered the league. Almost every player will give you list of injuries and some sort of depression or trial they've had to overcome or face everyday. It's the guys that truly love the game that stick it out and want to play. For example, look at Brees and big Ben. They've been hurt so much in their career and just got hurt and they want to keep playing no matter what. As I previously stated. Luck just never loved the game as much as most players.

Luck was a great talent, very good QB. I agree though, he didn't love the game like Peyton, Brady, Brees, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice. Those guys I just named would die on the field if they could before retiring. Brady won't retire IMO until he gets injured somehow or he is just too old to continue. Had Peyton not had those neck surgery's, he would still be playing. He had to retire because of his neck which caused him to lose arm strength. Andrew Luck is today's Barry Sanders. Barry was a great talent/great player but never cared about records and loved other things besides football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Luck was a great talent, very good QB. I agree though, he didn't love the game like Peyton, Brady, Brees, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice. Those guys I just named would die on the field if they could before retiring. Brady won't retire IMO until he gets injured somehow or he is just too old to continue. Had Peyton not had those neck surgery's, he would still be playing. He had to retire because of his neck which caused him to lose arm strength. Andrew Luck is today's Barry Sanders. Barry was a great talent/great player but never cared about records and loved other things besides football.

Agree! Michael Irvin was asked about Luck retirement and said he has respect for what he did and then asked if he ever contemplated retirement and said never. He even said he would keep playing to this day if he could that's how much he loved the NFL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

Agree! Michael Irvin was asked about Luck retirement and said he has respect for what he did and then asked if he ever contemplated retirement and said never. He even said he would keep playing to this day if he could that's how much he loved the NFL.

Comparing Michael Irvin to Andrew Luck and the context is life choices? Can't say I would have ever saw that coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

I agree. He has mental health struggles and I'm not saying I hate the guy cause I don't. I also agree that if he wanted to leave and do what's best for him so be it. I just dont like the way he went about it. Retiring 2 weeks before the season starts and letting everyone think everything was fine and a team on SB aspirations and to quit on your team like that. That's my issue. I love what he stands for. He's really a good dude, especially what he did for the whole city of Indiana but my grip is guys that should be celebrated as Colts are the guys who gave it there all and where greats of the team for a long time. Wayne, Marvin, Peyton, Saturday etc.. He's a guy that quit on his team, gm, coach, owner in the start of his prime. I hope he has a great life, I truly do and he has full of happiness but to me he will always be that guy that could of been on of the greats but hung them to early.

Fair enough, sad story for all involved I think. Just hope he finds his happiness and stays healthy. Sad that some people on here do seem to hate him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • That's if you trust "the media" as /i will never forget the ridiculous choice of RGIII over Luck even though if you looked at what each had to work with and net improvement, it wasn't close, let alone fair.  I don't trust the decision makers, if the press disagrees with them, to pick the right candidate. They haven't been fair before.
    • I have been a colts fan forever and have lived through pretty crappy coaches and GM's. I can say without a doubt the Ballard/Reich regime has the Colts pointing in the right direction. Compared to the last(which i blame for the beginning of the end of AL). Ballard is a finder of talent that no one else sees and Reich and staff can coach these guys up to be successful not just fitting a square peg in round hole. Case in point 2013 draft, Bjorn Werner taken by RG at 24, behind him were the likes of DeAndre Hopkins, Leveone Bell, Travis Kelce, Zack Ertz, Travis Fredick, Cordelle Patterson and Xavier Rhodes(which is funny we have him now). I know there is no crystal ball but all I have mentioned did pretty well in college except for Werner. My point is the roster is stacked with young contributors and that D is now a Monster. Can't wait to see when they turn their attention to the O side. 
    • If we sweep Tennessee and get to 8-3 and Rivers plays good again, I am convinced at that point he can play another year. Big game coming up but Tennessee will be deflated if we take this one.
    • Folks, all we need to do is win just 50 percent of our fans upcoming. Finish 10-6, we will make the playoffs. Especially with an expansion to 7 teams per.   that said, win against the Titans, and we all but wrap up the AFCS and the at minimum, a 4th seed. So let’s take it a week at a time. 
    • Man really all of ballads last three drafts have been solid. His biggest mistake since he’s been here has been taking Malik Hooker in the First round. A mid first round at that. But I think that was more Pagano pushing for him than Chris Ballard given how Pagano liked his DBs.   that said. Hitting on your top 5 draft picks in a single year would be historic.  I say 5 because  of Buckner, definitely won that trade. Taylor, Pitman and Blackmon are gonna be solid contributing starters barring anything bad happening.  Eason, I hope we eventually see. I think our moves in the off season will tell. If we resign Rivers and let Brissett go and don’t sign or draft a QB, we know that Eason is the future, if we keep both Rivers and Brissett or let Rivers go but resign Brissett, we know they still aren’t ready to hand the reigns to Eason. If they don’t resign either rivers or Brissett and draft a QB, well then it’s anyone’s guess depending on who that draftee is.   either way, there’s not been a draft pick other than Hooker that I would consider a bust or a mistake since Ballard’s time here.    but that also depends on Campbells return too as he’s not far behind Hooker right now
  • Members

    • MPStack

      MPStack 4,181

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dylan8678

      dylan8678 19

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coffeedrinker

      Coffeedrinker 8,146

      Senior Members
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • buccolts

      buccolts 5,123

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • life long

      life long 356

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • csmopar

      csmopar 10,769

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • RollerColt

      RollerColt 2,862

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SteelCityColt

      SteelCityColt 9,146

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JPFolks

      JPFolks 1,000

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 1,381

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...