Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colt Haters at ESPN

Archer

I was looking at their expert picks and was amazed last week that only three ESPN experts out of ten had picked the Colts.  Titans were like a 2 1/2 point favorite, which is practically a toss up.  Now the Colts are a 2 point favorite, and seven of the first nine experts have picked the Falcons.  This happens while pickwatch says over half the experts they track are picking us.  Weird, some very persuasive person in Bristol must be bashing the Colts...

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

I was looking at their expert picks and was amazed last week that only three ESPN experts out of ten had picked the Colts.  Titans were like a 2 1/2 point favorite, which is practically a toss up.  Now the Colts are a 2 point favorite, and seven of the first nine experts have picked the Falcons.  This happens while pickwatch says over half the experts they track are picking us.  Weird, some very persuasive person in Bristol must be bashing the Colts...

Who cares.  They've been doing this since the colts left Baltimore. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Honestly, I couldn’t care less anymore about the people making picks have to say about us. NFL Live just showed how everyone making picks for certain games have all been wrong on every single pick. Steve Young included. You shouldn’t be concerned about what some people who sit at a desk and read a teleprompter have to say or think. 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

The mothership will eventually crash.

You're just wetting the bed over Julio Jones.  There's nothing else on that Falcon offense that we havent seen so stop making stuff up.  That offense isn't anymore high powered than San Diego and right now Rivers is a better QB than Matt Ryan.  We can win this game and it wouldn't shock me if we did.  Julio is the key here, everything else they've got we can match them or we are better than them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Eh. I predicted a loss against the Chargers and Titans as well. I don't feel 100% confident in a win against the Falcons either, especially depending on how Leonard and Desir's injuries pan out.

I don't expect Leonard to make it onto the field this week. I'm also concerned about Mack. He did not practice today either.  Hope this is a precaution.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archer said:

"Experts"

16 minutes ago, Smash Mouth said:

I don't expect Leonard to make it onto the field this week. I'm also concerned about Mack. He did not practice today either.  Hope this is a precaution.  

I think Mack will be a "Go" for this weekend.  Wilkins will probably get more touches, though.

Leonard will probably miss.  Just a hunch.

If Stewart and Hunt show up, and Autry has another monster game we should be okay.  Got to make Ryan move in the pocket or he's going to pick us apart.  Not too concerned with Freeman gashing us to death.

3 hours ago, Archer said:

Who cares?...this media stuff should not bother anyone.

4 hours ago, krunk said:

You're just wetting the bed over Julio Jones.  There's nothing else on that Falcon offense that we havent seen so stop making stuff up.  That offense isn't anymore high powered than San Diego and right now Rivers is a better QB than Matt Ryan.  We can win this game and it wouldn't shock me if we did.  Julio is the key here, everything else they've got we can match them or we are better than them.

Yea rivers has been better than Ryan so far this year

5 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

In their defense, the Falcons have a deadly offense if Matt Ryan plays his A game. It's only been two years since they were in the super bowl with essentially the same team. We'll garner more respect through out the season. 

Who gives a rats tail about 'respect' throughout the league...just gimme the Ws.

6 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

In their defense, the Falcons have a deadly offense if Matt Ryan plays his A game. It's only been two years since they were in the super bowl with essentially the same team. We'll garner more respect through out the season. 

Can't sleep on their defense either, as their Defensive Line dominated one of the best offensive lines in the NFL through all four quarters against the Eagles. Grady Jarrett and Takkarist McKinley certainly and absolutely led the charge, but some of their other studs, Adrian Clayborn, Allen Bailey, Tyeler Davison and Vic Beasley were heavy contributors.

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Please don't let us lose because of a missed FG.

I get that part of this remark is intended as dark humor & I will admit that misses twice against Tennessee was a head scratcher, but Adam will figure it out. The man is a top notch professional. He knows he's not playing at his best. He's got the right mindset Myles. If he's still struggling by say week 6, then I'll be worried. Not now though. 

Does this sound like a dude cracking under pressure to you? 

Not me. V will overcome this minor slump. Hang in there. 

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

Who cares.  They've been doing this since the colts left Baltimore. 

I don’t think there is a direct timeline at ESPN against Indy, based on the Baltimore Colts leaving. Maybe in the first couple of years, but most of their personnel are Patriot/ Giant / Eagle sorts that hate the Colts and the Ravens. The Patriot apologists especially hate us because we pointed out their cheating ways in deflate gate , and other areas. 

I don’t watch ESPN anymore because it got too political and over publicized ridiculous sports personalities. The only time I watch is if there is a NFL game on. It’s a shame. I used to

love ESPN. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I put very little stock in what talking heads say

Exactly PT, the only time I wanna hear from "Talking Heads" is when I'm watching the movie "WallStreet" or "Revenge Of The Nerds" man. Otherwise, forget about it.

[Band reference not sports pundits.] 

You know me man. I always got slide in music & humor whenever & wherever I can. haha

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I don’t watch ESPN anymore because it got too political and over publicized ridiculous sports personalities. The only time I watch is if there is a NFL game on.

Yep, that's pretty much me too. I only care what Jeff Saturday says anyway. I like Mark Slereth too AKA "Stink" who moved over too Fox Sports1. Mark never gives INDY much love, which bothers me, but I normally agree with most of what he says outside of the Colts anyway. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Matt Ryan on opening day vs the Vikings shows up then we will win, if it is the MVP type Matt Ryan we are in trouble.

That's just it though. You put your thumb right on it brother. Ryan is very inconsistent. Sometimes, he's precise & deadly accurate & other times...not so much. 

I still can't believe Atlanta lost that SB against the Pats. And who watches that tape 4 times? Just burn the darn tape & move on Mat, but I digress...Man, I wanted the Falcons to win that game bad. Took yrs off my life CBE. 

• Like 1