Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury report

Restinpeacesweetchloe

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Interested to see Okereke in coverage if Leonard can't go. Our LB's kinda got picked on in the first 2 weeks, and Leonard didn't do so well in the passing game. This is a game where I think we're gonna really need a timely INT to flip the field.

Yup, our LBs haven't had the best games. From what I read, Walker is moving over to WILL and Okereke is staying at MIKE. I have a feeling picking on them will continue to be part of the game plan. I'm sure we'll see Speed get some time too.

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, our LBs haven't had the best games. From what I read, Walker is moving over to WILL and Okereke is staying at MIKE. I have a feeling picking on them will continue to be part of the game plan. I'm sure we'll see Speed get some time too.

Who said Walker was moving to Will?  Got a link?

On 9/18/2019 at 8:53 PM, Imgrandojji said:

Not too surprised.  We've been using him like a rented mule.  Really like to see JB7 be able to take over the offense this week.  We need to diversify if we don't want to use Mack up halfway through the season

20 carries a game used to be what you wanted your Bell cow rb to get.... If Mack is a true number one, 18 to 20 is fine.... He just won't play ten years for certain then...  

Just because everyone uses rb by committee now doesn't mean you can't have a bellcow rb.  It's like the NBA, just because people go small doesn't mean you have to, if you can bear them with size....

I hope Brissett plays well enough that we don't need to spend draft capital on a QB next year.  Because I'd like to see Ballard reinvest in our defense, a deep, strong offensive line and another big, physical running back to flesh our our corps. 

Our backs are good, but to my eye they're a little small which is going to hurt their durability.  The line is going to be the thing that keeps them healthy and effective.

Thankfully Ballard gets it.  His tenure has already turned the OL from a joke into one of our strongest units.  That's why we're getting penetration on the run game and why Brissett has been able to mostly stay upright despite his issues getting rid of the ball.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

20 carries a game used to be what you wanted your Bell cow rb to get.... If Mack is a true number one, 18 to 20 is fine.... He just won't play ten years for certain then...  

Just because everyone uses rb by committee now doesn't mean you can't have a bellcow rb.  It's like the NBA, just because people go small doesn't mean you have to, if you can bear them with size....

His injury suggests otherwise.  Sports often "used" to do some things that didn't make a ton of sense.

One of the big reasons to distribute responsibility among a RB tandem or unit is that it dramatically increases the chances that your running game is relatively intact in December and January. 

Simply from a logical standpoint it never makes sense to pin your hopes on a single point-of failure, especially if that point-of-failure is not a worldbeater.  Mack is a fine RB but not an all-timer.  Spreading out the carries and limiting his exposure makes a lot of sense.  We could well need him at the end of the season so there's no sense burning him out now.p

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

in other, less important news...

The Falcons have signed another punter to replace their injured starter.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/falcons-matt-wile-punt-against-colts/MYKNi6eMWNLq4kKGImfqsL/

That is kind of important if we can get better field position. Was their punter also their kickoff guy?

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not sure what your talking about. He will probably be ready by next week.

The way the colts report on their “returns” I don’t trust or respect any reports they put out anymore. And the team could care less about what I care about lol.