Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Chloe6124

Injury report

Recommended Posts

Never mind. That doesn’t mean he didn’t do the walk through. Means if they would of practiced he would not of practiced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Is Williams worth keeping if he cant suit up? Dont know much about him. Also, Desir and Sheard looks promising, could use Turay as well. 

I think you have to keep Williams. If Mack goes down Wilkins would be the starter and there would be no backup. Hines isn’t macks backup. It’s just ribs. My guess since Wilkins came back they can let Williams heal to 100% instead of him playing with broken ribs.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

 

" a boot on his shoulder" .... for a calf?

 

Those shoulder and calf injuries sure are confusing! 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, egg said:

 

" a boot on his shoulder" .... for a calf?

 

Those shoulder and calf injuries sure are confusing! 

He actually deleted that tweet because it was confusing lol. He was carrying the boot on his shoulder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, egg said:

 

" a boot on his shoulder" .... for a calf?

 

Those shoulder and calf injuries sure are confusing! 

Those old remedies like holding a boot on your shoulder never worked for me. I find that tying a cold, juicy lamb steak over the area seems to help. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

he didn't practice with a Calf.

There was no practice. Just a up tempo walk through. That was a estimate what would of happened if there had been a practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He told reporters he is fine. They really didn’t practice today. That was just a estimate on what would have happened if they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping Turay is back. 

That first game looked promising.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IinD said:

Hoping Turay is back. 

That first game looked promising.

He said on a IG story he expects to play. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, egg said:

 

" a boot on his shoulder" .... for a calf?

 

Those shoulder and calf injuries sure are confusing! 

Thats that top notch Colts medical staff for you.  lol  Hopefully we won't be hearing later that he is now out for the season for a neck injury.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries! Luck didn’t have much of a run game for almost his entire career and managed. I expect nothing less from Jacoby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too surprised.  We've been using him like a rented mule.  Really like to see JB7 be able to take over the offense this week.  We need to diversify if we don't want to use Mack up halfway through the season

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

There was no practice. Just a up tempo walk through. That was a estimate what would of happened if there had been a practice.

Will see what happens tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walker said today he will play WILL LB and OKereke will play mike if Leonard misses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Williams practiced today but Mack did not.  Could be Wilkins and Williams sharing carries and Hines getting few too.  Have to be able to run at the Falcon's front and LBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Smash Mouth said:

Williams practiced today but Mack did not.  Could be Wilkins and Williams sharing carries and Hines getting few too.  Have to be able to run at the Falcon's front and LBs.

I don’t think Mack will miss the game. He could miss all three practices and still play. He doesn’t really need to practice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think Mack will miss the game. He could miss all three practices and still play. He doesn’t really need to practice.

I hope Mack plays... but if he does not... Jordan Wilkins is an excellent replacement, who I believe could really have a big day carrying the rock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Walker said today he will play WILL LB and OKereke will play mike if Leonard misses.

 

That seems backwards... outside of Walker being more in tune with the Will spot and Okereke not yet. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

That seems backwards... outside of Walker being more in tune with the Will spot and Okereke not yet. 

I meant walker will play the will and okereke the mike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 4:26 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

he didn't practice with a Calf.

The Momma Cow wouldn’t let the Calf come to practice????

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I meant walker will play the will and okereke the mike.

Flus said they all can play all positions all 3 spots. I wonder if they like the cover ability of Bobby and the solid tackling the Walker brings. The system funnels a lot of the action to the WLB you'd want your best tackler there in this system. Bobby should've had a pick 6 last week. I wonder if we might see some of EJ with Leonard out as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

The Momma Cow wouldn’t let the Calf come to practice????

I can't lie, no idea why that made me laugh, but it did.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, waka waka said:

Flus said they all can play all positions all 3 spots. I wonder if they like the cover ability of Bobby and the solid tackling the Walker brings. The system funnels a lot of the action to the WLB you'd want your best tackler there in this system. Bobby should've had a pick 6 last week. I wonder if we might see some of EJ with Leonard out as well.

Why not EJ wont learn everything he needs to learn just playing ST or being inactive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, waka waka said:

Flus said they all can play all positions all 3 spots. I wonder if they like the cover ability of Bobby and the solid tackling the Walker brings. The system funnels a lot of the action to the WLB you'd want your best tackler there in this system. Bobby should've had a pick 6 last week. I wonder if we might see some of EJ with Leonard out as well.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  I'm a huge Walker fan and I think he will be the Colts MIKe for a lot of years but Oke has already shown he's better in coverage than Walker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Why not EJ wont learn everything he needs to learn just playing ST or being inactive.

Speed has some nice abilities but in the preseason it did not look like he was ready for extended duties in the pro game yet.  He's a bit slow to recognize the action, he needs to get better and at protecting himself from blocks.  And I'm not saying he won't ever get there, he's just not there yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Speed has some nice abilities but in the preseason it did not look like he was ready for extended duties in the pro game yet.  He's a bit slow to recognize the action, he needs to get better and at protecting himself from blocks.  And I'm not saying he won't ever get there, he's just not there yet.

You don't learn those thing by not playing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 8:53 PM, Imgrandojji said:

Not too surprised.  We've been using him like a rented mule.  Really like to see JB7 be able to take over the offense this week.  We need to diversify if we don't want to use Mack up halfway through the season

Agreed 20 carries last game 22 touches overall I get the emphasis on the run game but at some point Brissett is gonna have to prove he is a consistent threat for 300 yard passing days cause we wont run the ball for 170 yards every week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

You don't learn those thing by not playing.

I agree there is no substitute for game speed but yes you do, that is why teams spend so much more time practicing than playing games.

 

And you don't just throw someone into the fire if they are not ready, you have them play special teams and a few plays here and there, but you don't hurt the team just to give a guy playing time who is not ready for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I agree there is no substitute for game speed but yes you do, that is why teams spend so much more time practicing than playing games.

 

And you don't just throw someone into the fire if they are not ready, you have them play special teams and a few plays here and there, but you don't hurt the team just to give a guy playing time who is not ready for it.

Still wouldn't hurt to give him a couple plays here and there whats the worst that's gonna happen he makes a mistake mistakes is how you learn in the pro's. sorry but I to a point disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Still wouldn't hurt to give him a couple plays here and there whats the worst that's gonna happen he makes a mistake mistakes is how you learn in the pro's. sorry but I to a point disagree.

 

 And yet you have No Clue as to how many plays had him as the first option last game. The mistakes You are asking for are Interceptions. Sorry homey, that ain't Jacoby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

You don't learn those thing by not playing.

 

 Uh, he actually needs to prove his worth in Practice.
 Film study and then in practice is where he must prove he is ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Still wouldn't hurt to give him a couple plays here and there whats the worst that's gonna happen he makes a mistake mistakes is how you learn in the pro's. sorry but I to a point disagree.

Since I said something about "and a few plays here and there", I'm not sure we disagree. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...