Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury report

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Just now, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Is Williams worth keeping if he cant suit up? Dont know much about him. Also, Desir and Sheard looks promising, could use Turay as well. 

I think you have to keep Williams. If Mack goes down Wilkins would be the starter and there would be no backup. Hines isn’t macks backup. It’s just ribs. My guess since Wilkins came back they can let Williams heal to 100% instead of him playing with broken ribs.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, egg said:

" a boot on his shoulder" .... for a calf?

Those shoulder and calf injuries sure are confusing! 

Those old remedies like holding a boot on your shoulder never worked for me. I find that tying a cold, juicy lamb steak over the area seems to help. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Smash Mouth said:

Williams practiced today but Mack did not.  Could be Wilkins and Williams sharing carries and Hines getting few too.  Have to be able to run at the Falcon's front and LBs.

I don’t think Mack will miss the game. He could miss all three practices and still play. He doesn’t really need to practice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think Mack will miss the game. He could miss all three practices and still play. He doesn’t really need to practice.

I hope Mack plays... but if he does not... Jordan Wilkins is an excellent replacement, who I believe could really have a big day carrying the rock.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I meant walker will play the will and okereke the mike.

Flus said they all can play all positions all 3 spots. I wonder if they like the cover ability of Bobby and the solid tackling the Walker brings. The system funnels a lot of the action to the WLB you'd want your best tackler there in this system. Bobby should've had a pick 6 last week. I wonder if we might see some of EJ with Leonard out as well.

9 hours ago, waka waka said:

Flus said they all can play all positions all 3 spots. I wonder if they like the cover ability of Bobby and the solid tackling the Walker brings. The system funnels a lot of the action to the WLB you'd want your best tackler there in this system. Bobby should've had a pick 6 last week. I wonder if we might see some of EJ with Leonard out as well.

Why not EJ wont learn everything he needs to learn just playing ST or being inactive.

10 hours ago, waka waka said:

I think you hit the nail on the head.  I'm a huge Walker fan and I think he will be the Colts MIKe for a lot of years but Oke has already shown he's better in coverage than Walker.

20 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Why not EJ wont learn everything he needs to learn just playing ST or being inactive.

Speed has some nice abilities but in the preseason it did not look like he was ready for extended duties in the pro game yet.  He's a bit slow to recognize the action, he needs to get better and at protecting himself from blocks.  And I'm not saying he won't ever get there, he's just not there yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Speed has some nice abilities but in the preseason it did not look like he was ready for extended duties in the pro game yet.  He's a bit slow to recognize the action, he needs to get better and at protecting himself from blocks.  And I'm not saying he won't ever get there, he's just not there yet.

You don't learn those thing by not playing.

• Like 2

On 9/18/2019 at 8:53 PM, Imgrandojji said:

Not too surprised.  We've been using him like a rented mule.  Really like to see JB7 be able to take over the offense this week.  We need to diversify if we don't want to use Mack up halfway through the season

Agreed 20 carries last game 22 touches overall I get the emphasis on the run game but at some point Brissett is gonna have to prove he is a consistent threat for 300 yard passing days cause we wont run the ball for 170 yards every week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

You don't learn those thing by not playing.

I agree there is no substitute for game speed but yes you do, that is why teams spend so much more time practicing than playing games.

And you don't just throw someone into the fire if they are not ready, you have them play special teams and a few plays here and there, but you don't hurt the team just to give a guy playing time who is not ready for it.

3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I agree there is no substitute for game speed but yes you do, that is why teams spend so much more time practicing than playing games.

And you don't just throw someone into the fire if they are not ready, you have them play special teams and a few plays here and there, but you don't hurt the team just to give a guy playing time who is not ready for it.

Still wouldn't hurt to give him a couple plays here and there whats the worst that's gonna happen he makes a mistake mistakes is how you learn in the pro's. sorry but I to a point disagree.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Still wouldn't hurt to give him a couple plays here and there whats the worst that's gonna happen he makes a mistake mistakes is how you learn in the pro's. sorry but I to a point disagree.

And yet you have No Clue as to how many plays had him as the first option last game. The mistakes You are asking for are Interceptions. Sorry homey, that ain't Jacoby.

37 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Since I said something about "and a few plays here and there", I'm not sure we disagree. :)