Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Refs screwed up again

Restinpeacesweetchloe

After what the NFL has allowed refs to do to New Orleans- inc this weekend- anything is possible.  I am constantly amazed by the competence.  I blame the owners: the NFL is a $15B/yr business, but the owners are so cheap that even now most refs are doing a part time job and not performing a serious profession with proper training.  

Insecure people tend to make more mistakes. Personally, I think the continued incorrect usage of replay (trying to correct calls to be most perfect ie Ebrons catch) has made refs go from bad to worse.

IMHO replay should only overturn calls when there is clear undisputed evidence (like the PO in the championship game) and refs should be properly trained and paid.  

<rant off>

37 minutes ago, Fat Clemenza said:

After what the NFL has allowed refs to do to New Orleans- inc this weekend- anything is possible.  I am constantly amazed by the competence.  I blame the owners: the NFL is a $15B/yr business, but the owners are so cheap that even now most refs are doing a part time job and not performing a serious profession with proper training.  

Insecure people tend to make more mistakes. Personally, I think the continued incorrect usage of replay (trying to correct calls to be most perfect ie Ebrons catch) has made refs go from bad to worse.

IMHO replay should only overturn calls when there is clear undisputed evidence (like the PO in the championship game) and refs should be properly trained and paid.  

<rant off>

You don't think 200k a year is being properly paid?

21 minutes ago, HOZER said:

WOW!!!! Where do I sign up? Do you know what the qualifications are? A pulse? Good “vision?” I’m at 20/20 so I have that going for me!

It would seem good vision would be a problem so you are probably over qualified.

4 hours ago, gspdx said:

It would seem good vision would be a problem so you are probably over qualified.

Damn, you’re right, lol!!! I could get some thick frame glasses to purposefully throw it off a bit! 

BBqvylYCMAAaG7j.jpg

2 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

The refs have 20/20 vision too....

578C0231-9B53-4944-87C3-6855B70390AC.png

Oh no you didn't, lol! Had some run ins with the Mad Dog back in the day, along with Night Train, Thunderbird,  and Old English, those were the days, hahaha! I didn’t really seek out the MD, it just always seemed to find me, lol!

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

What about the bogus PI called on Wilson also.

Probably making up for the extremely generous spot they have JB on the run to get the first down   He was clearly a yard short and they got the 1st down.  

It goes both ways.  And as someone posted earlier the Colts are the least penalized team in the league.  

Soooooo.....    

17 hours ago, HOZER said:

WOW!!!! Where do I sign up? Do you know what the qualifications are? A pulse? Good “vision?” I’m at 20/20 so I have that going for me!

I'm old (at least I get senior discounts). My vision was just tested at 20/15 without glasses. I'm a professional referee in a different sport making far less than $200K. I can tell you it takes hard work refining your understanding of the rules and a lot of practice to be good at refereeing. That said, NFL refs need to up their game. It's getting out of hand, and almost embarrassing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HOZER said:

Damn, you’re right, lol!!! I could get some thick frame glasses to purposefully throw it off a bit! 

BBqvylYCMAAaG7j.jpg

Oh no you didn't, lol! Had some run ins with the Mad Dog back in the day, along with Night Train, Thunderbird,  and Old English, those were the days, hahaha! I didn’t really seek out the MD, it just always seemed to find me, lol!

Don’t forget my drink of choice as a youth........Brass Monkey! Had some long mornings following those nights for sure. :) Sorry to mods for not being Colts related*