Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where do colts rank after two games

Restinpeacesweetchloe

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Power rankings has them in the middle or in the bottom second half (15-18th). Way too early to be concerned bout.

This wasn’t about power rankings. I think where we are at in statistics in the nfl after two games is very impressive. Who cares about power rankings. Although we are moving up.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This wasn’t about power rankings. I think where we are at in statistics in the nfl after two games is very impressive. Who cares about power rankings. Although we are moving up.

Yeah I care more about the actual numbers than the fake numbers the analysts put together. 

I like what I'm seeing so far. We just need to continue seeing development across the board. If we see JB and this passing game get better this year, we'll be in good shape. If we can see development in the running game, which is already good, and defensively, specifically pass rushing which is looking great, then we will be in great shape. 

If you preach drafting and developing, the drafting only speaks to one half of that equation. This team needs to continue to develop and we will win a lot of football games, now and in the coming years. I like what I see. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We looked better in our loss than in our win, as did our running game and JB. 

I still don't know what to think of the team. There's good, and there's bad..

I don’t think we can read much after two weeks of statistics. It’s just kind of fun to see where we are in the comparison to the nfl. I think you have to wait until at least week 8 to see where we actually are. 

The improvement on the dline and pass rush is impressive. Crazy how deep we are. AQM has done great in place of sheard. We did that to the titans without Turay or sheard. Very impressed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think we can read much after two weeks of statistics. It’s just kind of fun to see where we are in the comparison to the nfl. I think you have to wait until at least week 8 to see where we actually are. 

The improvement on the dline and pass rush is impressive. Crazy how deep we are. AQM has done great in place of sheard. We did that to the titans without Turay or sheard. Very impressed.

I'm happier with the D than the O, that's for sure. Still, I think our run D is suspect. Our D vs the pass may be a product of going against a horrible OL (LAC) and mediocre QB (TN). The good news is that we play ATL next and they have struggled to run and will likely be one dimensional.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah, you're right. Power has nothing to do with football.....(although the Colts are moving up.) The only stat that matters is what's under the W column.

We're gonna be underrated because a lot of people aren't going to see past 1-1 and the fact that our QB isn't Andrew Luck anymore..

Our commitment to fundamentals makes us stronger than we look to be on paper IMHO.  But it's gonna take more than 2 weeks to convince the rest of the league of that.

Personally I like the fact that the team seems to be embracing the underdog, "they all doubt us, none of 'em wants to give us credit!" mindset.  Again, this is something the Patriots exploit on a weekly basis, and Reich seems to be making good use of it too.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I'm happier with the D than the O, that's for sure. Still, I think our run D is suspect. Our D vs the pass may be a product of going against a horrible OL (LAC) and mediocre QB (TN). The good news is that we play ATL next and they have struggled to run and will likely be one dimensional.

I’m hoping the defense can pick off Ryan a few times 

— Tied for first in the NFL in fewest penalties committed (11)

— First in the NFL in fewest yards penalized (75)

— Tied for second in the NFL and second in the AFC in rushing yards (370)

— Tied for second in the NFL in rushing yards per game (185.0)

— Sixth in the NFL in rushing yards per play (5.52)

— Eighth in the NFL in third-down conversion percentage (51.85)

— Tied for first in the NFL in fourth-down conversion percentage (100)

— Tied for third in the NFL in red zone percentage (83.33)

— Tied for first in the NFL in goal-to-go percentage (100)

— First in the NFL in runs of 50-plus yards (2)

— Tied for second in the NFL in runs of 20-plus yards (3)

— Tied for first in the NFL in highest 3rd-and-10-plus conversion percentage (50)

— Tied for first in the NFL in 3rd-and-short (less than four yards) conversion percentage (100)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

— Tied for first in the NFL in highest 3rd-and-10-plus conversion percentage (50)

— Tied for first in the NFL in 3rd-and-short (less than four yards) conversion percentage (100)

That is a sign of a well coached team with a great scheme and having great fundamentals.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

We're gonna be underrated because a lot of people aren't going to see past 1-1 and the fact that our QB isn't Andrew Luck anymore..

Our commitment to fundamentals makes us stronger than we look to be on paper IMHO.  But it's gonna take more than 2 weeks to convince the rest of the league of that.

Personally I like the fact that the team seems to be embracing the underdog, "they all doubt us, none of 'em wants to give us credit!" mindset.  Again, this is something the Patriots exploit on a weekly basis, and Reich seems to be making good use of it too.

What? Anybody still doubting the Patriots needs to quit smoking crack.

10 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

That mindset is what started their dynasty in the first place, so should we really be surprised that it's still being utilized today? 

Right.  It's part of their culture.  The Patriots will go miles out of their way to feel disrespected.  Because they know it keeps their legendary QB fired up

Not that they've really had to do that since Deflategate.  We've provided the Patriots with a king's ransom in bulletin board material since the 2014 AFCCG, And look what they've done since then.  They went from being a franchise of has-bens to the team that goes to the Superbowl almost every year.

Moral of the story -- don't want to be steamrolled every year, don't give a legendary coach and legendary quarterback all the bulletin board material they could ever want.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Four2itus said:

:omg: