Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Campbell TD

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Just now, Stephen said:

As quick as he separates  I guarantee  he wasn't  covered  every time.

You can’t guarantee that without watching the film back. Again you’re making an absolute statement with nothing to confirm it.

It’s NFL everyone is quick. Unless you’re running the 9, it’s more route running then straight line speed that gets you separation. Look at Wayne, Harrison and now TY. They are craftsman of running routes. 

Can you guess what scouting reports said about his route running? 

To be clear, I think he’s a great prospect. But he’s had a hammy, a notoriously lingering thing for speedsters, and he needs to learn his craft at the NFL level. 

Patience. Look at early Wayne and Hilton.

10 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

You can’t guarantee that without watching the film back. Again you’re making an absolute statement with nothing to confirm it.

It’s NFL everyone is quick. Unless you’re running the 9, it’s more route running then straight line speed that gets you separation. Look at Wayne, Harrison and now TY. They are craftsman of running routes. 

Can you guess what scouting reports said about his route running? 

To be clear, I think he’s a great prospect. But he’s had a hammy, a notoriously lingering thing for speedsters, and he needs to learn his craft at the NFL level. 

Cain was on the field 46 percent  of snaps. targeted once for a pass interference  call. Never targeted again.

Campbell  25 percent of snaps. 1 target 1 td.

Hines 19 percent of snaps. Two Carries and two targets. 1 caught for five yards. All the receivers  haven't  been getting  many targets. You'd figure if cain is the number 2 he'd get more than 1 target. Hines was proven to be effective  catching and was under used in chiefs game last year and has not really been used much this year.

The ground  and pound style  has murdered the passing offense.

17 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Wayne, the WR many fans considered a bust his first two years in the NFL

Hilton, the guy many said could never be a true #1 WR.

Proof a guy has to be used like a superstar in his first couple of NFL games to amount to anything in the NFL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Cain was on the field 46 percent  of snaps. targeted once for a pass interference  call. Never targeted again.

Hines 19 percent of snaps. Two Carries and two targets. 1 caught for five yards. All the receivers  haven't  been getting  many targets. You'd figure if cain is the number 2 he'd get more than 1 target. Hines was proven to be effective  catching and was under used in chiefs game last year and has not really been used much this year.

And yet, none of that is the reason the Colts lost to the Chargers nor why the Titan game was closer than it should have been.

17 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Targets shouldn’t be a a set number... if Cain was covered 99% of the time and others are open, who do you want them throwing to. 

Stats are wonderful when used well and correctly, but even then they tell a fraction of the story. Film is king. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Just because you say it a different way does not make it true.  Watch his head, he does not follow Campbell across the field, he looks, left, right then left.  In other words, the way a QB is supposed to go through his progressions.

uh no. 

here's another view. 

https://www.colts.com/video/highlight-parris-campbell-grabs-first-nfl-touchdown

30 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

And yet, none of that is the reason the Colts lost to the Chargers nor why the Titan game was closer than it should have been.

We should of had at least one turnover in the titans game. We could have had 3 or 4 turnovers. Titans game a couple penalties killed a couple drives. Now we know at least one wasn’t a penalty. We should of blown out the titans. Those things will be cleaned up I think.

16 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Thanks, that shows clearly that he looked left, looked right and snapped his head to the left after Campbell passed the centerline of the field.

Thanks for posting.

he quickly flashed left, then locked in on Campbell and followed him from right to left. it's clear.

a QB going through progressions is to suppose to look at multiple routes. he didn't look at anything besides PC. following him from one side of the field to another is not going through progressions or holding DBs in their area. at best the original flash left might have kept a DB to the left for a millisecond, but it was way to brief for a DB to truly bite.

if you're not familiar with progression reads......

https://grantland.com/features/how-new-class-promising-nfl-quarterbacks-reach-greatness/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

he quickly flashed left, then locked in on Campbell and followed him from right to left. it's clear.

a QB going through progressions is to suppose to look at multiple routes. he didn't look at anything besides PC. following him from one side of the field to another is not going through progressions or holding DBs in their area. at best the original flash left might have kept a DB to the left for a millisecond, but it was way to brief for a DB to truly bite.

if you're not familiar with progression reads......

https://grantland.com/features/how-new-class-promising-nfl-quarterbacks-reach-greatness/

So let's see what is the more likely scenario.

JB did not lock onto Campbell, went through his progressions, saw Campbell wide open and threw him the ball for a TD thus not allowing the defense adequate time to defend the pass.

or

JB locked onto Campbell almost immediately, followed him across the field for the 1.5x seconds it took for him to clear the bulk of the defenders and none of the professional defensive players that are trained and paid to take advantage of just that scenario noticed and reacted in time to do anything about it.

It's obvious you are going to believe what you want to believe and not what the evidence shows.  That's fine, that's part of being a fan.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

The falcons are bad in the run game. Expect a lot of Mack and Wilkins again. 

It'll be interesting to see. Falcons were ran all over by the Vikings but then they held the Eagles to under 50 yards.

Stampede Blue did a good breakdown that showed the Vikings mostly had success to the outside while the Eagles were stuffed running up the middle (Jarrett's a beast). It'll be interesting to see what we do/have success with since we've been much better going between the tackles. We definitely haven't shied away from running to the outside though, just hasn't worked much.

17 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

So let's see what is the more likely scenario.

JB did not lock onto Campbell, went through his progressions, saw Campbell wide open and threw him the ball for a TD thus not allowing the defense adequate time to defend the pass.

or

JB locked onto Campbell almost immediately, followed him across the field for the 1.5x seconds it took for him to clear the bulk of the defenders and none of the professional defensive players that are trained and paid to take advantage of just that scenario noticed and reacted in time to do anything about it.

It's obvious you are going to believe what you want to believe and not what the evidence shows.  That's fine, that's part of being a fan.  

the reality is, PC is fast and burned the DB from the first step. the 2 DBs on the left looked to be man to man on Mack and Cain.

11 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

It'll be interesting to see. Falcons were ran all over by the Vikings but then they held the Eagles to under 50 yards.

Stampede Blue did a good breakdown that showed the Vikings mostly had success to the outside while the Eagles were stuffed running up the middle (Jarrett's a beast). It'll be interesting to see what we do/have success with since we've been much better going between the tackles. We definitely haven't shied away from running to the outside though, just hasn't worked much.

Some of that might of been the eagles lost two WR so they became one dimensional and were easy to stop.

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

I going to keep banging  the drum til I see the young wrs being used the way they are supposed  to be. He got 1 pass thrown his way in each game. 1 pass is too little  to show off his talent.  Give him atleast  5 targets in space.

I'd be more inclined to agree if I'd seem him generating that kind of space.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just a side note the chiefs lost their left tackle to a hernia. What is it with all these tackles going down.

Starters who don't play much in the preseason, and who don't have a great work ethic in practice, tend to suffer in the first few 60 minute efforts of the year.

That's not why all of them are getting hurt, being a lineman means risking injury after all.  But it's a major contributing factor

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

It was a good leading throw.  Campbell made it easy but Brissett still had to put it where it had to go.

And no, NOT any QB could make that throw.  We've certainly seen examples of that kind of throw going very badly.  One that stands out is the Russsel Wilson pass that the Pats picked off in SB49. Wilson didn't throw a strike to Lockette and that allowed Butler to get in and out the body on him.  A good throw that Lockette could shield with his body while he caught it would have been a TD.

Because Wilson made a bad pass on a simple throw he should complete most of the time he can't make the throw. A tough throw by my standards is when a QB has to drop it over a lb and in front of a safety/cb or a timing throw before the wr even comes out off his break. Having to hit a guy running wide open in the end zone when all he has to is lead him is not a tough throw. 

9 minutes ago, SC-Coltsfan said:

Because Wilson made a bad pass on a simple throw he should complete most of the time he can't make the throw. A tough throw by my standards is when a QB has to drop it over a lb and in front of a safety/cb or a timing throw before the wr even comes out off his break. Having to hit a guy running wide open in the end zone when all he has to is lead him is not a tough throw. 

Oh you mean like this one

On the numbers between two defenders making it stupidly easy for TY to score

2 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I don't know, the Eagles still threw it almost 50 times as opposed to running it under 30 times.

I think his point was that the people  he was throwing  to weren't  as good. The eagles backs also have been questionable recently

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Starters who don't play much in the preseason, and who don't have a great work ethic in practice, tend to suffer in the first few 60 minute efforts of the year.

That's not why all of them are getting hurt, being a lineman means risking injury after all.  But it's a major contributing factor

Alot of Lts and qbs going down. Meanwhile  the Pat's keep  getting better. 

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

The ground and pound style is taking away from the passing game.  I am not so sure that is a bad thing in the short term as it should open up the passing game.  My angst is that I don't feel Brissett can progress through his reads well enough.  He is still the college QB staring down his first read.  If that one isn't open he panicks and looks for a check down.  Reich calls the plays but it seems the fans forget there is more than one option on a pass play.  He takes the first read..then check down (or so it seems).

9 minutes ago, bhougland said:

The ground and pound style is taking away from the passing game.  I am not so sure that is a bad thing in the short term as it should open up the passing game.  My angst is that I don't feel Brissett can progress through his reads well enough.  He is still the college QB staring down his first read.  If that one isn't open he panicks and looks for a check down.  Reich calls the plays but it seems the fans forget there is more than one option on a pass play.  He takes the first read..then check down (or so it seems).

Today reich talked about the the 3rd and 9 at the end of the game. Right after that 4th and one. He said it took everything to not call a pass there. They had a play in mind. He praised JB for seeing the blitz and checking down to the run game.

23 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Brady's actually died like 3 times, they just keep re-engineering him and putting in an older, but more efficient unit. Brady 3.0 reigns supreme.

If he's died 3 times, wouldn't it be Brady 4.0?

I wonder what Brady's relation is to Ra's Al Ghul

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

He has def found the fountain  of youth.

Yes, so let's all make fun of him for TB12, and continue to eat our vegetable oil fried food.  Thats what society does...so it must be right.

Btw., This is not directed at you, only that people say this about him but then turn around and ridicule him for his weird diet.