Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts in on Ramsey?


Steamboat_Shaun

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Fanatic said:

Best CB in the league so called Baggage:

* Drafed 5th and wanted to go to Dallas at 4 but they went with Zeke instead. So he said "I will never play for the Cowboys unless the Jones's leave" and called them a losing franchise. So the truth hurts. 

* Rookie year Ramsey gets into altercation with Steve Smith Sr. Calls him a old man during game and they both push and shove and disrespect each other verbally after the game. We all know as fans Steve is aggressive and that's just competitive.

*Oct 23rd rookie year Ramsey gets ejected late in the 4th quarter getting into a scuffle with Raiders reciever Johnny Holton.

*Jan 1 st rookie year lost to Colts and told the media that the whole defensive coaching staff needs to be fired. Best defensive player on the team. Not once said anything bad about a teammate. Stupid move but once again the truth hurts.

* The next year had a fight with A.J Green which if anyone see Green was locked down the entire game and obviously frustrated and attacked Ramsey. Deion Sanders fought all the time.

* Before the AFC championship game he predicted the Jags would win against New England and go to the Superbowl. Blake Bortles realized he wasn't supposed to be their.

* GQ magazine he trashes a few quarterbacks. Woopty Doo , it's the nature of the game. Grown men can take it. Prove him right or prove him wrong.

* Pulls up to training camp in an armored truck. Insinuating he needs that money that he's deserved. Best all around CB in the league. Locks down the best WR's in the league.

* Verbal altercation on the sideline with coach. Coach & player in the wrong. Unwritten rule coach shouldn't go at the players & players shouldn't go at the coaches. Ramsey handled the interview the next day very professional and praised his teammates and coaches.

I think he would improve our defense and take us to the next level. I think a change of scenery and a winning atmosphere surrounded by good men will do wonders for Ramsey. We will be picking late with the 1st rd pick anyways & and offer a 3rd and or player and we'll have an island for WR's at LOS.

 

 

 

pile GIF

I’ve seen a lot of ridiculous posts through the years, but that one is an all star. 

 

And I’m sure you’ll take offense to that, Jalen, but as you said, the truth hurts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

Reggie Wayne pulled up in an Indy car... I understand where you're coming from about the money, that was kinda tasteless IMO as well, but Colts fans saw plenty of over-the-top training camp entrances during the Manning era.

To me this thread is coming down to the fact that it is obvious you LOVE Ramsey but (to me) it is obvious (by reading this thread)  that there more than a few COLTS fans who will never want anything to do with Mr, Ramsey . And it does seem that neither side has any interest in changing their point of views. .

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

No,  no one was ALL IN on Chad Kelly.

 

That's the whole point.

 

The Colts signed him for a 1-year deal.   NFL minimum type money.    We could cut him at any point and it cost us........   ZERO.      Kelly's deal was all upside and no downside.

 

There was no big, multiyear contract.    No big signing bonus.     The Colts had everything to gain and nothing to lose.

 

If we can re-sign him to the practice squad,  odds are we will give him a somewhat sweetened contract.    He's earned a modest bump and he'll likely get it.    Good for him.

 

But our investment is about as small as it could be for a quarterback with some upside.

 

One caveat to protect you....    if you're referring to fans being "all in",  then that's different.    Sanity was lost here around the time of Luck's decision.    This message board has been turned into Crazy Town on an almost daily basis.    Wish it wasn't so,  but there it is....

 

 

I said around here referring to this site. I mentioned nothing about what it would take to get Ramsey his contract, etc. I simply stating that everyone constantly overuses the word "baggage" and makes the biggest deal 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If a deal was imminent for Ramsey why would the Jaguars play him tonight?  If I was the acquiring team I certainly wouldn't want him out there.  Now he could be inactive tonight and that will answer the question.  But putting him out there is a huge risk.  Acquiring Ramsey might not be that easy.  The big fly in the ointment is his contract not just the asking price.  Whoever acquires him would want to sign him to a new deal that would most likely make him the highest paid CB according to the articles I have been reading.  Otherwise he has the leverage going forward.  So now you have the Jaguars asking price and his new team has to deal with a big contract.  That's a lot of messaging to do.  Quickly looking at the teams being mentioned the Seahawks have very little cap space like 9M.  The Eagles and Chiefs have around the same at 23M but both have franchise QB's they need to sign sooner rather than later.  The Cowboys have 23M but they still have Dak and Amari to deal with and not to mention Byron Jones who will also be expensive.   Most teams are pretty good with cap mgmt but you have to plan ahead if you want to keep your core players.  And of course the cost of the draft picks in acquiring him effects your future talent acquisition.  It's a tough balancing act.  As far as the Colts go we would have no problem signing him to a new contract.  Rock would be one CB and although Desir is a nice player he is no Ramsey and he's older I believe.  Now I don't think Ballard would give up two 1's.  For that matter I don't think the other teams would either.  So if his report is accurate that we have been calling around on CB's, he probably knows we inquired about Minkeh since he's from Miami, it stands to reason we have probably called on Ramsey.  So here we are waiting for something.  If I were the Chiefs or Eagles and they had a deal in place there is no reason to let him play tonight.  Just do the deal today.   IMO there is no deal in place yet and if Ballard is truly interested he could still be in active negotiations.  We are in a position to give him the big contract.  That's what could be taking the time.   The draft compensation might not be the hangup.  The other teams being mentioned are considered SB contenders. We are not.  So to the Jags our 1st rd pick would be more valuable.  It's a long shot but if there is any truth to his report that he knows we have been making calls on CB's than his report mentioning the Colts as a potential landing spot has just as much of a chance as happening as the others.  Maybe more so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If a deal was imminent for Ramsey why would the Jaguars play him tonight?  If I was the acquiring team I certainly wouldn't want him out there.  Now he could be inactive tonight and that will answer the question.  But putting him out there is a huge risk.  Acquiring Ramsey might not be that easy.  The big fly in the ointment is his contract not just the asking price.  Whoever acquires him would want to sign him to a new deal that would most likely make him the highest paid CB according to the articles I have been reading.  Otherwise he has the leverage going forward.  So now you have the Jaguars asking price and his new team has to deal with a big contract.  That's a lot of messaging to do.  Quickly looking at the teams being mentioned the Seahawks have very little cap space like 9M.  The Eagles and Chiefs have around the same at 23M but both have franchise QB's they need to sign sooner rather than later.  The Cowboys have 23M but they still have Dak and Amari to deal with and not to mention Byron Jones who will also be expensive.   Most teams are pretty good with cap mgmt but you have to plan ahead if you want to keep your core players.  And of course the cost of the draft picks in acquiring him effects your future talent acquisition.  It's a tough balancing act.  As far as the Colts go we would have no problem signing him to a new contract.  Rock would be one CB and although Desir is a nice player he is no Ramsey and he's older I believe.  Now I don't think Ballard would give up two 1's.  For that matter I don't think the other teams would either.  So if his report is accurate that we have been calling around on CB's, he probably knows we inquired about Minkeh since he's from Miami, it stands to reason we have probably called on Ramsey.  So here we are waiting for something.  If I were the Chiefs or Eagles and they had a deal in place there is no reason to let him play tonight.  Just do the deal today.   IMO there is no deal in place yet and if Ballard is truly interested he could still be in active negotiations.  We are in a position to give him the big contract.  That's what could be taking the time.   The draft compensation might not be the hangup.  The other teams being mentioned are considered SB contenders. We are not.  So to the Jags our 1st rd pick would be more valuable.  It's a long shot but if there is any truth to his report that he knows we have been making calls on CB's than his report mentioning the Colts as a potential landing spot has just as much of a chance as happening as the others.  Maybe more so. 

Gee that looks intimidating, but I'll read it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

To me this thread is coming down to the fact that it is obvious you LOVE Ramsey but (to me) it is obvious (by reading this thread)  that there more than a few COLTS fans who will never want anything to do with Mr, Ramsey . And it does seem that neither side has any interest in changing their point of views. .

 

I don't love Ramsey, I do like the idea of having a cornerback of his caliber though. I know he's a bit of a diva, which I do find annoying, but outside of a few instances within the Jaguars organization, his record is clean. No off-field or legal issues, & his playing speaks for itself. I know there's a multitude of reasons that he'd never be on the Colts, but I don't really see the harm in talking about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If a deal was imminent for Ramsey why would the Jaguars play him tonight?  If I was the acquiring team I certainly wouldn't want him out there.  Now he could be inactive tonight and that will answer the question.  But putting him out there is a huge risk.  Acquiring Ramsey might not be that easy.  The big fly in the ointment is his contract not just the asking price.  Whoever acquires him would want to sign him to a new deal that would most likely make him the highest paid CB according to the articles I have been reading.  Otherwise he has the leverage going forward.  So now you have the Jaguars asking price and his new team has to deal with a big contract.  That's a lot of messaging to do.  Quickly looking at the teams being mentioned the Seahawks have very little cap space like 9M.  The Eagles and Chiefs have around the same at 23M but both have franchise QB's they need to sign sooner rather than later.  The Cowboys have 23M but they still have Dak and Amari to deal with and not to mention Byron Jones who will also be expensive.   Most teams are pretty good with cap mgmt but you have to plan ahead if you want to keep your core players.  And of course the cost of the draft picks in acquiring him effects your future talent acquisition.  It's a tough balancing act.  As far as the Colts go we would have no problem signing him to a new contract.  Rock would be one CB and although Desir is a nice player he is no Ramsey and he's older I believe.  Now I don't think Ballard would give up two 1's.  For that matter I don't think the other teams would either.  So if his report is accurate that we have been calling around on CB's, he probably knows we inquired about Minkeh since he's from Miami, it stands to reason we have probably called on Ramsey.  So here we are waiting for something.  If I were the Chiefs or Eagles and they had a deal in place there is no reason to let him play tonight.  Just do the deal today.   IMO there is no deal in place yet and if Ballard is truly interested he could still be in active negotiations.  We are in a position to give him the big contract.  That's what could be taking the time.   The draft compensation might not be the hangup.  The other teams being mentioned are considered SB contenders. We are not.  So to the Jags our 1st rd pick would be more valuable.  It's a long shot but if there is any truth to his report that he knows we have been making calls on CB's than his report mentioning the Colts as a potential landing spot has just as much of a chance as happening as the others.  Maybe more so. 

Carson Wentz has already gotten paid and Desir is 28 and Ramsey is 25.

I highly doubt the colts have any interest in an expensive loud corner back, considering we just drafted one with our 1st pick.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

Sometimes franchises are losers because their best players are not leaders and dont set the right example.

 

2 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

Ballard is not gonna trade for Jalen Ramsey. And he cut Chad Kelly for the same reason he wont trade for Ramsey.

 

And that's all that really matters. He values good people over pure talent. And I support that 100%.

 

2 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

For the role, yes I think he feels Hoyer is better, but I dont think he thinks Hoyer has more upside or pure talent, or is more capable of filling the void left by Andrew. 

 

I absolutely think his past played into it. Hes hard to trust. Hoyer is not.

 

 

It's a beautiful grand slam of truth!

 

giphy.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, John Waylon said:

 

pile GIF

I’ve seen a lot of ridiculous posts through the years, but that one is an all star. 

 

And I’m sure you’ll take offense to that, Jalen, but as you said, the truth hurts. 

Interesting post.

...and we will be picking in the middle of the pack somewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ojsglove said:

Jags won tonight but He got burn't big time on the longest pass play of the game, not worth the asking price IMHO.

In all fairness there is no defensive player talented enough to defend a perfectly thrown football. That was a perfectly thrown football. 

How many TDs did he give up?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be surprised to see Jax throw away their season this early.  Unless he’s threatening to hold out.

 

He’s a game changer.  His absence would make the Jags way worse and he would make the Colts way better.  He’s bettter than Vontae was and he was a stud for a few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be shocked if Ballard floated a trade for Ramsey.  There is so many problems with it.

 

Ballard doesn't like to make a lot of splash moves

Ballard always keeps the locker room in mind and Ramsey could be trouble there

Ballard likes to have as many draft picks as he can, especially higher level draft picks.   He'd have to surrender at least a first for Ramsey.  

Ballard looks for players that fit into our defensive system.  Ramsey doesn't really fit.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

In all fairness there is no defensive player talented enough to defend a perfectly thrown football. That was a perfectly thrown football. 

How many TDs did he give up?

 

 Right. He was in position to make a play on the ball just actually missed it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

I would be shocked if Ballard floated a trade for Ramsey.  There is so many problems with it.

 

Ballard doesn't like to make a lot of splash moves

Ballard always keeps the locker room in mind and Ramsey could be trouble there

Ballard likes to have as many draft picks as he can, especially higher level draft picks.   He'd have to surrender at least a first for Ramsey.  

Ballard looks for players that fit into our defensive system.  Ramsey doesn't really fit.  

I can see your reasoning here but these points aren't really iron clad.  Ballard hasn't made any splash moves because he really hasn't felt the need and maybe the time is still not now.  We'll see.  I don't see where Ramsey would be a problem in the locker room especially if he gets a new contract which is very likely to happen.  Ballard is pretty good at acquiring draft picks.  It will be interesting to see what the final trade looks like when it's done.  For example if a team does give up two 1sts. they might receive Ramsey and a future 2nd. in return.  I could see Ballard going there.   Everything is on the table when you are negotiating so picks could still could go both ways.  I think Ramsey would fit pretty nicely in our system.  A player like Ramsey would probably allow us to play man more often with Rock and Moore out there.   I think if Ramsey wasn't in our division our chances of this happening would be higher.  But he is and I can't see the Jags dealing him to us.  JMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still hope Ballard considers dealing a 1st round pick along with CB Pierre Desir for Ramsey. Desir has been probably our 3rd best corner in regards to playing level right now, and getting someone like Ramsey would give us the ability to shut down opponents receivers with much more consistency. 

 

Not to mention we have a boatload of money and Ramsey is only about to be 25 with All Pro seasons left in him. 

 

If we keep playing good ball to where we end up as a possible 9-7 team, the pick will be late teens early 20s anyhow, and Ballard still has most likely an early 2nd from Washington coming to him plus Indy's original 2nd rounder. Could still get a very talented QB like Jordan Love or Joe Burrow early round 2 to sit behind Brissett for a season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 9:31 AM, Valpo2004 said:

I would be shocked if Ballard floated a trade for Ramsey.  There is so many problems with it.

 

Ballard doesn't like to make a lot of splash moves

Ballard always keeps the locker room in mind and Ramsey could be trouble there

Ballard likes to have as many draft picks as he can, especially higher level draft picks.   He'd have to surrender at least a first for Ramsey.  

Ballard looks for players that fit into our defensive system.  Ramsey doesn't really fit.  

Ballard isn't a one dimensional GM.  He's  hoarded draft picks because he's building the squad.  Now the squad is mostly built.

 

There;'s time to put value in the bank and time to spend it.  If we look like contenders at the halfway mark, it'll be time to spend and we WILL see Ballard open up and start adding guys.  Maybe not necessarily Ramsey, but good veterans to fill our areas of greatest need as contenders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I still hope Ballard considers dealing a 1st round pick along with CB Pierre Desir for Ramsey. Desir has been probably our 3rd best corner in regards to playing level right now, and getting someone like Ramsey would give us the ability to shut down opponents receivers with much more consistency. 

 

Not to mention we have a boatload of money and Ramsey is only about to be 25 with All Pro seasons left in him. 

 

If we keep playing good ball to where we end up as a possible 9-7 team, the pick will be late teens early 20s anyhow, and Ballard still has most likely an early 2nd from Washington coming to him plus Indy's original 2nd rounder. Could still get a very talented QB like Jordan Love or Joe Burrow early round 2 to sit behind Brissett for a season. 

I couldn't agree more.  It's looking like the Jags are not getting the two 1sts. they wanted.  I would be willing to give a 1st and a 2nd in 2021.  I think we will need to give a little more because we are in the same division.  I'm thinking they want picks versus a player.  That said it's hard to imagine the Jags trading him to us.  But we should make the call.  What a difference he could make to our secondary.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I couldn't agree more.  It's looking like the Jags are not getting the two 1sts. they wanted.  I would be willing to give a 1st and a 2nd in 2021.  I think we will need to give a little more because we are in the same division.  I'm thinking they want picks versus a player.  That said it's hard to imagine the Jags trading him to us.  But we should make the call.  What a difference he could make to our secondary.  

 

Ramsey would look lovely in Colt blue instead of that goofy, vomity looking uni he wears now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I couldn't agree more.  It's looking like the Jags are not getting the two 1sts. they wanted.  I would be willing to give a 1st and a 2nd in 2021.  I think we will need to give a little more because we are in the same division.  I'm thinking they want picks versus a player.  That said it's hard to imagine the Jags trading him to us.  But we should make the call.  What a difference he could make to our secondary.  

Maybe but I still don't think we're gonna be players there. Whether we want to be or not, no way a divisional rival trades a player of that caliper to play against them in that division.  They'd have to be beyond stupid to do it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I couldn't agree more.  It's looking like the Jags are not getting the two 1sts. they wanted.  I would be willing to give a 1st and a 2nd in 2021.  I think we will need to give a little more because we are in the same division.  I'm thinking they want picks versus a player.  That said it's hard to imagine the Jags trading him to us.  But we should make the call.  What a difference he could make to our secondary.  

 

Agreed. If Indy were to get Ramsey and add a very good all around NT who can stuff the run and rush the passer from the interior, this defense would then be top 5. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I see where you are coming from to some extent... but don't fully agree.  I think if you ask just about anyone who follows football and has for a long time to name the top 3 QBs ever, both Brady and Manning will be mentioned.  There are 23 QBs from the modern-era in the Pro Football HOF.  Several of those guys were not the best at their position at any point in their career.   Troy Aikman won multiple superbowls on absolutely loaded teams, but he was never a first or second team all-pro and was only a 6x pro-bowler (Rivers has gone to 8).  Aikman never lead the league in any major passing stat in any season of his career.  In 2008 Rivers threw the most TDs and had the highest passer-rating of any QB in the league, in 2010 Rivers lead the league in passing yards, in 2013 he lead the league in completion percent.  Aikman throughout his career was never really at the top of the league in terms of QB play (as evidenced by no first or second all-pro selections and never leading the NFL in any significant passer category) -- most would say Marino, Montana (early in AIkman's career), Steve Young, John Elway, Brett Favre, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, and late in his career Kurt Warner and Peyton Manning were better QBs than Aikman.   That's one example out of many where guys who are in the HOF may not have been the top dog at any given point in their career, but still had a HOF career.  Compared to guys who he was drafted with who are likely HOFers, Rivers has better individual statistics than both Eli and Big Ben.  He was never really on an 'elite' team all-around (especially lacking a top notch defense like Eli and Ben both had during their SB wins).  RIvers beat Peyton in the playoffs and despite playing with other HOFers like Brady, Peyton, Brees, Eli, Big Ben, Kurt Warner, Favre, etc.. he made the pro-bowl 8x, and in 2008 when every one of those guys were in the league he still lead the league in passer rating and TDs thrown.     I get why post-season success can push a borderline guy (see Eli) over the edge.  But since Rivers has been in the league there have been 2 occassions when the QB representing the AFC team in the Superbowl wasn't named Brady, Peyton or Ben (1x Flacco with a loaded defense and 1x Mahommes who just had one of the greatest seasons by a QB in NFL history).     The level Rivers has played at, for the amount of time he's played, makes him a surefire HOFer (he's about to surpass Marino's records and the only knock on Marino was he didn't win a SB).  First ballot? Maybe... will he get in within a couple years of being eligible? Definitely.
    • Yeah, there are quite a few people that would not be in the HOF based on my criteria.
    • Seems unfair if it was once you signed a contract. That'd basically be an end to many players' careers. Players are rarely signed if they have a suspension of that length.
    • He's not right in the head. I honestly think something is severely troubled with him. If he can stay out year or two and prove he is serious about his recovery then maybe but not now. 
  • Members

    • bWild

      bWild 58

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 10,546

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Four2itus

      Four2itus 4,417

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CurBeatElite

      CurBeatElite 1,061

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 2,383

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • C0LT5

      C0LT5 134

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • AZColt11

      AZColt11 2,028

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JlynRN

      JlynRN 797

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • crazycolt1

      crazycolt1 13,716

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jal8908

      jal8908 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...