Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts in on Ramsey?

Steamboat_Shaun

4 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Explain Antonio Brown going to the Raiders for a 2019 third-round pick (No. 66 overall) and 2019 fifth-round pick (No. 141 overall).  At the time, Brown had none of the baggage he's currently dealing with.

With how quickly Fitzpatrick was moved, I'm guessing the market is about as "hot" for Ramsey as it was for Brown (i.e., it ain't that hot). 

Brown is a seven-time Pro Bowler, four-time first-team All-Pro, and has reeled in 100 catches for 1,200 yards and eight touchdowns in each of the past six seasons.

Doesn't really matter though, because Ballard would never make the call, and the Jags would never trade a player like Ramsey to an AFC South rival.

One player is prime of his career (rookie contract, even) in one of the most valuable positions, and one is not.

Minkah Fitzpatrick is a much better comp. Did he get traded for a 3 and a 5?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lol. This guy is crazy. How would a dolphins beat writer know this. We don’t really need a CB. Ballard is never going to give up draft capital with the QB situation not settled yet.

If you don't think Ramsey would improve the group I don't know what to tell you.

However, price and the player's personality make him a big no no for me. Fitzpatrick would have been more interesting IMO.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Explain Antonio Brown going to the Raiders for a 2019 third-round pick (No. 66 overall) and 2019 fifth-round pick (No. 141 overall).  At the time, Brown had none of the baggage he's currently dealing with.

With how quickly Fitzpatrick was moved, I'm guessing the market is about as "hot" for Ramsey as it was for Brown (i.e., it ain't that hot). 

Brown is a seven-time Pro Bowler, four-time first-team All-Pro, and has reeled in 100 catches for 1,200 yards and eight touchdowns in each of the past six seasons.

Doesn't really matter though, because Ballard would never make the call, and the Jags would never trade a player like Ramsey to an AFC South rival.

Brown is older.

Brown had more baggage.

Brown wanted a huge contract.

Patriots offered Pit a #1.

Raiders were the only other team interested.  

It's not JUST the picks, it's paying a clown super star money. And paying that clown that kind of money means he's un-cutt-able or trade-able for a few years. Team have to look at how he treats the Jags with a discipline president and a experienced head coach. What would make any team think he wouldn't act the fool where ever he goes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I’d have to give some serious thought to trading for Ramsey. It’s looking like the AFC may have to go through KC or New England. I’d like to have Ramsey to put on one of those top flight receivers.    Plus we’d get to put him on Hopkins twice & Michael Thomas.  Too bad he won’t be here in time for Julio...  Are there any other good corners out there we may be looking at?  Peterson?  Is his suspension done?  

I agree.  Very serious consideration.  Not to mention we keep hearing KC is also interested.  He could really help turn the pendulum to our favor.  

CB: "Hello David!  This is Chris Ballard.  How ya doin?"

DC: "Hey Chris!  Good to hear from you.  What's up?"

CB: "Hey I heard you were shoppin Jalen and I was just curious what ballpark we're talkin here.  What do you need in return?"

DC:  "Well, right now we're looking for 2 1st rounders and maybe a <click>……….Chris?  You still there?  Chris?  Hello?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

CB: "Hello David!  This is Chris Ballard.  How ya doin?"

DC: "Hey Chris!  Good to hear from you.  What's up?"

CB: "Hey I heard you were shoppin Jalen and I was just curious what ballpark we're talkin here.  What do you need in return?"

DC:  "Well, right now we're looking for 2 1st rounders and maybe a <click>……….Chris?  You still there?  Chris?  Hello?"

I think they're putting that (2) 1st rounder talk out simply to narrow the list down to see what teams are actually serious. They have to know that there's no way they're getting 2, it's likely a 1st & 3rd, or 1st & a player that gets the deal done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I think they're putting that (2) 1st rounder talk out simply to narrow the list down to see what teams are actually serious. They have to know that there's no way they're getting 2, it's likely a 1st & 3rd, or 1st & a player that gets the deal done.

If they get a 1st. 

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Idk man, I could see a team selling their soul for win-now mode, like the GM-less Texans, giving them a 20 1st and a future 1st. Really just depends if they have multiple teams leveraged against each other. 

3 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Idk man, I could see a team selling their soul for win-now mode, like the GM-less Texans, giving them a 20 1st and a future 1st. Really just depends if they have multiple teams leveraged against each other. 

The Texans don't have a first round pick until 2022

6 hours ago, Myles said:

Brown is older.

Brown had more baggage.

Brown wanted a huge contract.

Patriots offered Pit a #1.

Raiders were the only other team interested.  

At the time, Brown did not have more baggage.

Ramsey rolled up to camp in an armored money carrying truck.  I think that was a subtle signal he wanted to get paid too.

325cba5234c04556b50c481deb102081_md.jpg

He deserves it.  Best Lockdown corner in the league despite how people feel about his attitude.  He just wants to win games at the end of the day. Any team that can afford him would be foolish to pass him up especially if you're a possible superbowl contender. 

24 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Ramsey rolled up to camp in an armored money carrying truck.  I think that was a subtle signal he wanted to get paid too.

Yes he did.   He was a known pain in the rear.

He had domestic violence charges.

He trashed an apartment and threw items out of the 14th floor balcony including vases and an ottoman and almost his a guy and his kid.  

Multiple other incidents.    He had lots of baggage.   That's why the Steelers got rid of him.

42 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

325cba5234c04556b50c481deb102081_md.jpg

Reggie Wayne pulled up in an Indy car... I understand where you're coming from about the money, that was kinda tasteless IMO as well, but Colts fans saw plenty of over-the-top training camp entrances during the Manning era.

• Like 1

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Reggie Wayne pulled up in an Indy car... I understand where you're coming from about the money, that was kinda tasteless IMO as well, but Colts fans saw plenty of over-the-top training camp entrances during the Manning era.

I don't think we can compare an IndyCar to a Brink's truck, especially given the context of Ramsey's situation.

One guy had a tradition of showing up in fun, lighthearted vehicles, the other guy was trying to send a very clear message about his contract situation.

With all due respect, I gotta hit you with the "C'mon man" for that one haha. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Fanatic said:

He deserves it.  Best Lockdown corner in the league despite how people feel about his attitude.  He just wants to win games at the end of the day. Any team that can afford him would be foolish to pass him up especially if you're a possible superbowl contender. 

So he goes to Patriots? I’m going to puke

Best CB in the league so called Baggage:

* Drafed 5th and wanted to go to Dallas at 4 but they went with Zeke instead. So he said "I will never play for the Cowboys unless the Jones's leave" and called them a losing franchise. So the truth hurts. 

* Rookie year Ramsey gets into altercation with Steve Smith Sr. Calls him a old man during game and they both push and shove and disrespect each other verbally after the game. We all know as fans Steve is aggressive and that's just competitive.

*Oct 23rd rookie year Ramsey gets ejected late in the 4th quarter getting into a scuffle with Raiders reciever Johnny Holton.

*Jan 1 st rookie year lost to Colts and told the media that the whole defensive coaching staff needs to be fired. Best defensive player on the team. Not once said anything bad about a teammate. Stupid move but once again the truth hurts.

* The next year had a fight with A.J Green which if anyone see Green was locked down the entire game and obviously frustrated and attacked Ramsey. Deion Sanders fought all the time.

* Before the AFC championship game he predicted the Jags would win against New England and go to the Superbowl. Blake Bortles realized he wasn't supposed to be their.

* GQ magazine he trashes a few quarterbacks. Woopty Doo , it's the nature of the game. Grown men can take it. Prove him right or prove him wrong.

* Pulls up to training camp in an armored truck. Insinuating he needs that money that he's deserved. Best all around CB in the league. Locks down the best WR's in the league.

* Verbal altercation on the sideline with coach. Coach & player in the wrong. Unwritten rule coach shouldn't go at the players & players shouldn't go at the coaches. Ramsey handled the interview the next day very professional and praised his teammates and coaches.

I think he would improve our defense and take us to the next level. I think a change of scenery and a winning atmosphere surrounded by good men will do wonders for Ramsey. We will be picking late with the 1st rd pick anyways & and offer a 3rd and or player and we'll have an island for WR's at LOS.

While I don't believe Ballard would EVER give up two 1st round picks for Ramsey, I would hope we would entertain bringing him in for a 1st and a player like Desir or Wilson. Ramsey is a special talent that can shutdown almost any WR in the game. If he is surrounded by a stable franchise with good leaders accustomed to winning, I do believe he could thrive here. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

While I don't believe Ballard would EVER give up two 1st round picks for Ramsey, I would hope we would entertain bringing him in for a 1st and a player like Desir or Wilson. Ramsey is a special talent that can shutdown almost any WR in the game. If he is surrounded by a stable franchise with good leaders accustomed to winning, I do believe he could thrive here. 

He doesn't come close to the locker personality Ballard is looking for. 

18 hours ago, Fanatic said:

Best CB in the league so called Baggage:

* Drafed 5th and wanted to go to Dallas at 4 but they went with Zeke instead. So he said "I will never play for the Cowboys unless the Jones's leave" and called them a losing franchise. So the truth hurts. 

* Rookie year Ramsey gets into altercation with Steve Smith Sr. Calls him a old man during game and they both push and shove and disrespect each other verbally after the game. We all know as fans Steve is aggressive and that's just competitive.

*Oct 23rd rookie year Ramsey gets ejected late in the 4th quarter getting into a scuffle with Raiders reciever Johnny Holton.

*Jan 1 st rookie year lost to Colts and told the media that the whole defensive coaching staff needs to be fired. Best defensive player on the team. Not once said anything bad about a teammate. Stupid move but once again the truth hurts.

* The next year had a fight with A.J Green which if anyone see Green was locked down the entire game and obviously frustrated and attacked Ramsey. Deion Sanders fought all the time.

* Before the AFC championship game he predicted the Jags would win against New England and go to the Superbowl. Blake Bortles realized he wasn't supposed to be their.

* GQ magazine he trashes a few quarterbacks. Woopty Doo , it's the nature of the game. Grown men can take it. Prove him right or prove him wrong.

* Pulls up to training camp in an armored truck. Insinuating he needs that money that he's deserved. Best all around CB in the league. Locks down the best WR's in the league.

* Verbal altercation on the sideline with coach. Coach & player in the wrong. Unwritten rule coach shouldn't go at the players & players shouldn't go at the coaches. Ramsey handled the interview the next day very professional and praised his teammates and coaches.

I think he would improve our defense and take us to the next level. I think a change of scenery and a winning atmosphere surrounded by good men will do wonders for Ramsey. We will be picking late with the 1st rd pick anyways & and offer a 3rd and or player and we'll have an island for WR's at LOS.

Sounds like a lot of excuse making. 

• Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He doesn't come close to the locker personality Ballard is looking for. 

And AB didn't come close to the locker personality Belichick is known to be looking for.  Picked him up anyway.  If your locker room is strong and your coach is respected by most of the team, you can go ahead and bring in a few diva-like players. 

I think Reich and Brissett have put together a strong enough locker room to keep a few big heads in line.  And anyway, Ramsey just strikes me as a guy who wants to win in a franchise that respects him.  I think he'd get that here.

Sometimes you invest in talent and count on the team around them, and the prospect of winning, to keep the ego in check.  If Jacksonville hadn't been miserable in the last few years I doubt Ramsey would be sticking out like a sore thumb there.

Sometimes guys just need to know they aren't wasting their careers for loser franchises.  Hard to be confident of that right now when it comes to the Jags.  He wants to be on a winning team, and I'd be hard pressed to argue that we wouldn't be a winning team with the ripple effect having a guy like Ramsey at CB1 would provide.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

And AB didn't come close to the locker personality Belichick is known to be looking for.

Sometimes you invest in talent and count on the team around them, and the prospect of winning, to keep the ego in check.  If Jacksonville hadn't been miserable in the last few years I doubt Ramsey would be sticking out like a sore thumb there.

Sometimes guys just need to know they aren't wasting their careers for loser franchises.  Hard to be confident of that right now when it comes to the Jags.  He wants to be on a winning team, and I'd be hard pressed to argue that we wouldn't be a winning team with the ripple effect having a guy like Ramsey at CB1 would provide.

The patriots gave up zero to sign AB.

Just now, Imgrandojji said:

And AB didn't come close to the locker personality Belichick is known to be looking for.

Sometimes franchises are losers because their best players are not leaders and dont set the right example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jvan1973 said:

The patriots gave up zero to sign AB.

That's true, but he's still right there in that locker room.

You build a strong core of player leaders exactly so you can keep big egos in check.  Nearly ALL NFL players have big egos in some way or another.

Again I get the distinct impression that all Ramsey wants is to feel like he isn't wasting his career.  He was a good soldier when JAX was competitive, now they're very much not and he wants out.  Put him on a team with a winning culture, and he'll contribute with no more than the usual issues

39 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Lmao y'all call anything baggage around here but were all in on Chad Kelly 

Ballard is not gonna trade for Jalen Ramsey. And he cut Chad Kelly for the same reason he wont trade for Ramsey.

And that's all that really matters. He values good people over pure talent. And I support that 100%.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:

Ballard is not gonna trade for Jalen Ramsey. And he cut Chad Kelly for the same reason he wont trade for Ramsey.

And that's all that really matters. He values good people over pure talent. And I support that 100%.

Never said he was. He cut Kelly because they feel Hoyer is better, that is it.

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

Never said he was. He cut Kelly because they feel Hoyer is better, that is it.

For the role, yes I think he feels Hoyer is better, but I dont think he thinks Hoyer has more upside or pure talent, or is more capable of filling the void left by Andrew. 

I absolutely think his past played into it. Hes hard to trust. Hoyer is not.

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Lmao y'all call anything baggage around here but were all in on Chad Kelly 

No,  no one was ALL IN on Chad Kelly.

That's the whole point.

The Colts signed him for a 1-year deal.   NFL minimum type money.    We could cut him at any point and it cost us........   ZERO.      Kelly's deal was all upside and no downside.

There was no big, multiyear contract.    No big signing bonus.     The Colts had everything to gain and nothing to lose.

If we can re-sign him to the practice squad,  odds are we will give him a somewhat sweetened contract.    He's earned a modest bump and he'll likely get it.    Good for him.

But our investment is about as small as it could be for a quarterback with some upside.

One caveat to protect you....    if you're referring to fans being "all in",  then that's different.    Sanity was lost here around the time of Luck's decision.    This message board has been turned into Crazy Town on an almost daily basis.    Wish it wasn't so,  but there it is....

• Like 1