Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts in on Ramsey?

Steamboat_Shaun

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Dude whatever. It's a verified account with 68K followers, it seems worthy of sharing.

Of course it could happen. But I would be willing to wager that there are hundreds of pages within threads over the years about players that were never even on the teams radar. I have brought it to attention that we have a FA thread, but as long as it says "Colt", it goes in here. 

A good example is Suh. I believe he has the honor of being a FA thread subject 3 different times. My bet is, if he becomes a FA again, thread #4 will quickly follow. It's all good and anyone can post what is relevant. But I assume it's ok to have an opinion as to what doesn't seem relevant?

38 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He stated Indy "IS" shopping for a CB upgrade.  That's a very definitive statement.  How would he know that unless he heard it from multiple teams.  It only took one 1st. to get Minkah.  They took Pittsburghs because they think that will be a top 10 pick.  We could have been in on him for all we know.  Our 1st and Kelly might be something they are thinking about.  This could explain why a Kelly decision is taking so long. 

I would HATE this deal:

give up draft capital 

give a division rival a QB with a lot of potential 

trade for a guy who is not a fan of playing zone, can’t keep his mouth shut and disrespects authority

PASS

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

I would HATE this deal:

give up draft capital 

trade for a guy who is not a fan of playing zone, can’t keep his mouth shut and disrespects authority

PASS

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. He's an elite player,  & we play more than enough man coverage on the outside for him to be effective, & Doug Marrone is a *, so it was only a matter of time before one of their start players lashed out.

52 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I would HATE this deal:

give up draft capital 

PASS

Dude's one of the best cornerbacks in the league, tf you talkin about. I'm doing that trade in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, zibby43 said:

I don't see Ballard, in any reality, giving up *two* 1st-round picks for Ramsey.  I'd offer a 3rd and a 6th.

A 3rd and a 6th?

That’s like going to a Porsche dealership, test driving a 911, and saying “Sweet ride!  I’ll give you 40 grand and not a penny more.”

I’m not sure JR is worth 2 firsts.  But he’s worth a lot more than a 3rd and a 6th.  May as well not waste the energy dialing the phone.

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Fitzpatrick isn’t the true shutdown corner that Ramsey is. Ramsey would make our secondary elite. 

Maybe at this point, but Fitzpatrick is younger and has a  very small cap hit the next couple seasons.  He also comes with less headaches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

He is guessing.    That move would be very Anti Ballard

Unless he thinks we're competitive this year.  A time always comes when you step away from maximum efficiency and get ready to go for the top.

I think this franchise's officers believe in JB7 a lot more than the fans do.  if Ballard has seen enough to believe that they can get all the way there with Brissett either this year or next, a move to grab a highly talented 24yo DB to flesh out our core starts to make a lot of sense.

3 hours ago, Shepman said:

Could be leveraging Kelly in a trade which might be the only way they would trade within Division

This makes a lot of sense to me.  Kelly, of course, is not going to be the leading asset in any trade, but he'd make a terrific throw-in to reduce the cost in terms of draft capital

39 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Unless he thinks we're competitive this year.  A time always comes when you step away from maximum efficiency and get ready to go for the top.

I think this franchise's officers believe in JB7 a lot more than the fans do.  if Ballard has seen enough to believe that they can get all the way there with Brissett either this year or next, a move to grab a highly talented 24yo DB to flesh out our core starts to make a lot of sense.

Get real.   Have you paid attention to Ballard and his words.  He isn't trading early round picks for guys like Ramsey.   Pay attention

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Get real.   Have you paid attention to Ballard and his words.  He isn't trading early round picks for guys like Ramsey.   Pay attention

I mostly agree with you, but a GM has to be flexible.  We've seen the best GM's in the business taking one tack when they need to amass assets, and then spend like a drunken sailor when it's time to turn those assets into talent in the present day.

If Ballard stays in asset-hoarding mode 100% of the time, it's eventually going to hold the team back.  There's a time to hold and a time to call and a time to all in, after all.  And we've seen evidence (Hoyer signing, Brissett contract) that Ballard places a lot of value on the next 3 years, even without Luck

I don't think that Ballard is a bad enough GM that he has no plan for when to switch to go-mode.  I'm saying that being in on Ramsey makes no sense either -- UNLESS Ballard has decided that it's time to go

28 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

I mostly agree with you, but a GM has to be flexible.  We've seen the best GM's in the business taking one tack when they need to amass assets, and then spend like a drunken sailor when it's time to turn those assets into talent in the present day.

If Ballard stays in asset-hoarding mode 100% of the time, it's eventually going to hold the team back.  There's a time to hold and a time to call and a time to all in, after all.  And we've seen evidence (Hoyer signing, Brissett contract) that Ballard places a lot of value on the next 3 years, even without Luck

I don't think that Ballard is a bad enough GM that he has no plan for when to switch to go-mode.  I'm saying that being in on Ramsey makes no sense either -- UNLESS Ballard has decided that it's time to go

Until we know if JB is the franchise we are not trading away high picks.

• Like 2

I think we all agree that this isn’t likely to happen nor would we really want it to from a draft capital and locker room standpoint...

However I think we all can buy into single high looks with Ramsey shutting down one side and Hooker roaming for all the INTs :banana: 

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

Yea can't  see Ballard  giving  up two firsts. If he did our secondary would be way better, but not sure it would be better value than what we would have gotten  from the two firsts. Wish Barkley  was on the trading block. Love to see him behind  this oline

You’re one of a kind Bro.   More power to ya 

I’d have to give some serious thought to trading for Ramsey. It’s looking like the AFC may have to go through KC or New England. I’d like to have Ramsey to put on one of those top flight receivers.    Plus we’d get to put him on Hopkins twice & Michael Thomas.  Too bad he won’t be here in time for Julio...  Are there any other good corners out there we may be looking at?  Peterson?  Is his suspension done?  

5 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

A 3rd and a 6th?

That’s like going to a Porsche dealership, test driving a 911, and saying “Sweet ride!  I’ll give you 40 grand and not a penny more.”

I’m not sure JR is worth 2 firsts.  But he’s worth a lot more than a 3rd and a 6th.  May as well not waste the energy dialing the phone.

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Click...

(phone connection disconnected)

Explain Antonio Brown going to the Raiders for a 2019 third-round pick (No. 66 overall) and 2019 fifth-round pick (No. 141 overall).  At the time, Brown had none of the baggage he's currently dealing with.

With how quickly Fitzpatrick was moved, I'm guessing the market is about as "hot" for Ramsey as it was for Brown (i.e., it ain't that hot). 

Brown is a seven-time Pro Bowler, four-time first-team All-Pro, and has reeled in 100 catches for 1,200 yards and eight touchdowns in each of the past six seasons.

Doesn't really matter though, because Ballard would never make the call, and the Jags would never trade a player like Ramsey to an AFC South rival.