Indianapolis Colts
Steamboat_Shaun

Colts in on Ramsey?

Just now, jvan1973 said:

He is guessing.    That move would be very Anti Ballard

I'm thinking the same thing, but he's a beat writer in south Florida & has 68,000 followers, so I'm assuming he's at least somewhat plugged in.

Could be leveraging Kelly in a trade which might be the only way they would trade within Division

• Like 2

Lol. This guy is crazy. How would a dolphins beat writer know this. We don’t really need a CB. Ballard is never going to give up draft capital with the QB situation not settled yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shepman said:

Could be leveraging Kelly in a trade which might be the only way they would trade within Division

It will take a hell of a lot more than a 3rd string qb .  The jags are reportedly wanting 2 firsts

• Like 2

Just now, Nickster said:

How long is Ramsey signed for?

1 more year left on his rookie deal plus a 5th year option, but he wants a long-term deal.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It will take a hell of a lot more than a 3rd string qb .  The jags are reportedly wanting 2 firsts

Agreed.

From what I read (Im not a CB expert) Ramsey is an A level CB but thats a lot to give up for any player. Particularly one that cant get along with his coach.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No disagreement but doesn't mean we didn't offer it.

I don't see Ballard, in any reality, giving up *two* 1st-round picks for Ramsey.  I'd offer a 3rd and a 6th.

12 minutes ago, Shepman said:

No disagreement but doesn't mean we didn't offer it.

That would have been a very short conversation

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

I don't see Ballard, in any reality, giving up *two* 1st-round picks for Ramsey.  I'd offer a 3rd and a 6th.

Convo would end in 5 seconds 

• Haha 1

The Colts are always in the discussion on anybody that's 'available'. It was kind of funny before, but now it's getting beyond ridiculous. 

• Haha 2

I really can't see Ballard doing this at specially for the cost that might be required. Also Ramsay is not quite the best team player that Ballard could ask for

14 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Your offer is a joke.

• Like 1

It depends on how the Jaguars view Chad Kelley. Do they see him as a potential starter, over G. Minshew, until Foles returns?

If so, a first and a starting/back up QB would be a reasonable offer.

Still, this does not sound like a Ballard type  move. And Ramsey is a not a Ballard type of player, so all of this is highly improbable to begin with.

• Thanks 1

We could have had Fitzpatrick for much less.    

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

There is no way we are giving up a 2020 first. That's just not happening.  plus Ramsey's personality just doesn't fit this locker room.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Your offer is a joke.

The Steelers traded Antonio Brown, arguably the best WR in the NFL, for a 3rd and a 5th.

Some of you jokers overpay. 

• Like 1

They are all from the same guy. 

I'm calling nonsense.

The Colts would never sign a guy with that attitude.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lol. This guy is crazy. How would a dolphins beat writer know this. We don’t really need a CB. Ballard is never going to give up draft capital with the QB situation not settled yet.

Depends how bad Desir is hurt. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crush22 said:

They are all from the same guy. 

I'm calling nonsense.

The Colts would never sign a guy with that attitude.

Unless they feel like his attitude is the result of being in a toxic atmosphere. Eric Ebron & Devin Funchess weren't exactly locker room darlings either.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I mean if it’ll end up being a somewhat late 1st pick we are giving up, and someone like Quincy Wilson, I’m possibly for it. Ballard could still use his two 2nd round picks to go get his guy in round 1 at QB if he wants. Still hope we go after a guy like Jordan Love at QB. 

And we will have ample cap space for awhile with Luck retiring to pay Ramsey. 

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

We could have had Fitzpatrick for much less.    

Fitzpatrick isn’t the true shutdown corner that Ramsey is. Ramsey would make our secondary elite. 

• Like 1

He stated Indy "IS" shopping for a CB upgrade.  That's a very definitive statement.  How would he know that unless he heard it from multiple teams.  It only took one 1st. to get Minkah.  They took Pittsburghs because they think that will be a top 10 pick.  We could have been in on him for all we know.  Our 1st and Kelly might be something they are thinking about.  This could explain why a Kelly decision is taking so long. 

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Unless they feel like his attitude is the result of being in a toxic atmosphere. Eric Ebron & Devin Funchess weren't exactly locker room darlings either.

There was never any indication those two guys were bad in the lockeroom. Ebron was with fans and funchess just had a problem with catching the ball. Character was never a issue with either

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He stated Indy "IS" shopping for a CB upgrade.  That's a very definitive statement.  How would he know that unless he heard it from multiple teams.  It only took one 1st. to get Minkah.  They took Pittsburghs because they think that will be a top 10 pick.  We could have been in on him for all we know.  Our 1st and Kelly might be something they are thinking about.  This could explain why a Kelly decision is taking so long. 

He also said Dallas and Indy was a guess. He doesn’t understand how ballard works. Maybe we are looking for a CB with Desir injury. I would think they might call up Collins.

Yea can't  see Ballard  giving  up two firsts. If he did our secondary would be way better, but not sure it would be better value than what we would have gotten  from the two firsts. Wish Barkley  was on the trading block. Love to see him behind  this oline

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

He also said Dallas and Indy was a guess. He doesn’t understand how ballard works. Maybe we are looking for a CB with Desir injury. I would think they might call up Collins.

Trade desir, kelly and a first for ramsey

7 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I mean if it’ll end up being a somewhat late 1st pick we are giving up, and someone like Quincy Wilson, I’m possibly for it. Ballard could still use his two 2nd round picks to go get his guy in round 1 at QB if he wants. Still hope we go after a guy like Jordan Love at QB. 

And we will have ample cap space for awhile with Luck retiring to pay Ramsey. 

Eberflus just gave Wilson a ton of glowing comments today. After his game Sunday I doubt he would be traded

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

There was never any indication those two guys were bad in the lockeroom. Ebron was with fans and funchess just had a problem with catching the ball. Character was never a issue with either

Funchess had issues with coaches & teammates, it was highlighted on All or Nothing. Ebron seemed to have issues with everyone in Detroit towards the end of his tenure there, I can't speak for his locker room presence though.

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If all we had to do was call up Collins then why bother calling other teams looking for an up grade?  The way I read his quotes is we are the team that he mentions the most and he sees us as the AFC team and he mentions Dallas as the NFC team.  He didn't mention Dallas was looking for an upgrade but we definitely are.