Nickname for Our Sack Pack!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about "Too Soon?"

I now expect zero sacks, the next three weeks. 

This thread makes me crave some White Castle.........  

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, cbear said:

I think you have to be outstanding in some facet and I don't see that.  Solid but not nickname worthy....yet! 

I agree with this.

We are ranked 14th in yards per game and 21st in points.    Not nickname worthy yet.    

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yeah.  How many different ways can we talk about LTs and EDGE's?
    • I think Ballard sees the draft as a source for talent that needs to be replenished on a rotating basis.  He's bought two bendy edge guys in Turay and Ben in the recent past.  Whether or not they are playing up to projections doesn't matter.  You don't reload on a disappointment that quickly, so I would not expect him to look at bendy guys.  OTOH, Autry is gone, Sheard was gone, and Lewis is up for contract.  There needs to be another DE/DT tweener talent added before the third bendy guy is added.   Campbell and Pittman were taken recently.  He can't reload at the starting WR spots quite yet, so WR is a lower priority this draft, IMO.   He drafted Oke to replace Walker, and we don't need many LBs.  He's not going to look to replace Oke this draft, IMO.   I think he's going to look at LT, LDE (not necessarily light and bendy), TE, and CB.   I expect those 4 positions to be addressed.  A back end FS is not out of the question, but he may be looking at more of a cover 2 zone type than a cover 3 centerfielder. And Meinerz could be in play since he can also play C, somehing to think about if he thinks Kelly has durability issues.  RG/C would add versatility.
    • Of course anything could happen, but that example would be very low odds.  
    • If I recall I remember reading that team need is factored in to the BPA formula.  So we could take what the Colts have on their board as BPA and still be drafting a team need.  I don't see why those things are mutually exclusive.  Also by having that in the formula it takes a lot of emotional decision making out of the process.    If there is a run on tackles in the first 20 picks I don't think we would reach for a lower rated tackle just because we need one.  I just don't think that is the way Ballard works.  The same with edge rushers - or any other player for that matter.  I think if Ballard doesn't see the value he is looking for at 21 he will try to trade down.   We tend to get focused on these positions of need and Ballard is constantly looking at how to improve every position on the team.  So if a guy they think is a great prospect is there at 21 and looks to have a much higher value than anyone else on Colts draft board I think they will take him regardless of immediate need.   Ballard knows that every position on the team could be 1 to 2 seasons away from needing replacement.  It's just the way the business works.  The churn on NFL rosters is fast and furious.  Sure you try to keep a core set of players that will be on the team for a while.  You don't want to develop great players and lose them all.  But the draft is the best way to be able to keep quality talent at an affordable price.  But part of that price is also taking the time to develop that talent.     I am not trying to predict who we will draft as I have no idea.  I am just trying to think like Ballard.  
  • Members

• Colt Overseas

Colt Overseas 736

• PureLuck

PureLuck 174

• ClaytonColt

ClaytonColt 292

• richard pallo

richard pallo 2,822

• 1959Colts

1959Colts 1,191

• Fluke_33