Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants begin the Daniel Jones era

danlhart87

1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

This really is a week of endings isn't it?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/giants/2019/09/17/new-york-giants-daniel-jones-eli-manning/2350655001/

So the draft pick half the nation laughed at them for selecting is now their starting QB.  Time for Gettlemen to either be revealed as a genius or exposed as a dope.

Patriot fans everywhere rejoice and breathe a sigh of relief. 

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Brady is what happens when you are a fitness nut and clean living guru. All the others are burgers & fries and it shows when you pass a certain age.

As a nutrition researcher, clean living is marketing babble, but whatever Brady is doing is working for him so more power to him for that. I think his pass protection and offensive system has a lot to do with his longevity as well.

As for Eli - I want to see him get traded to a contender. He deserves to go out with a shot at January football somewhere. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 18to87 said:

As a nutrition researcher, clean living is marketing babble, but whatever Brady is doing is working for him so more power to him for that. I think his pass protection and offensive system has a lot to do with his longevity as well.

As for Eli - I want to see him get traded to a contender. He deserves to go out with a shot at January football somewhere. 

Clean living is marketing babble?! His longevity is due primarily to him health wise and to a head coach that figures out how to defeat everyone. As for Eli he probably will throw in the towel after his year. He will never be put in a position with a contender. My .02.

22 hours ago, 18to87 said:

Why?    I don't understand the love for Eli.    People still upset that he is getting benched?  Pretty much firing a head coach for benching him 2 years ago when he led the team to a 2-9 record and was playing like crap.

He's been a bad QB for many years.   A career rating of 84.   Starting the season of with 2 losses.  Time to bring in the new QB.  Should have been done a couple years ago.  Since 2011 he has the most losses and turnovers of any QB.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Why?    I don't understand the love for Eli.    People still upset that he is getting benched?  Pretty much firing a head coach for benching him 2 years ago when he led the team to a 2-9 record and was playing like crap.

He's been a bad QB for many years.   A career rating of 84.   Starting the season of with 2 losses.  Time to bring in the new QB.  Should have been done a couple years ago.  Since 2011 he has the most losses and turnovers of any QB.   

@Myles Has anyone ever told you how extremely blunt you are? Sometimes your posts sting me and I am nowhere close to being the topic haha

it burns seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

@Myles Has anyone ever told you how extremely blunt you are? Sometimes your posts sting me and I am nowhere close to being the topic haha

it burns seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I can understand Eli fans having trouble accepting this.   He's been worse than Brissett his entire career.   

9 hours ago, Myles said:

I can understand Eli fans having trouble accepting this.   He's been worse than Brissett his entire career.   

I definitely think he should have bowed out gracefully during that whole benching fiasco 2 years ago, if not before. Sometimes outside factors have to force a person to step aside... seems he might be struggling with letting go.  I don’t blame the Giants for bringing Jones in, I don’t see it as disloyalty to Eli. The Giants organization have been very loyal to him and his position as starting QB for years... maybe even to a fault.  In short I agree with your point, but I don’t have all those damning stats on hand to rub salt in the wound like you are so good at doing! :funny:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I definitely think he should have bowed out gracefully during that whole benching fiasco 2 years ago, if not before

I remember being dumbfounded at the uproar over him being benched.  So much that the team put him back as the starter the next week.  What a disservice to the team.   

When your team is 2-9 and the starter is playing like crap, you do what is best for the team the rest of the way.   That is seeing what you have at backup.  You know what you have in Eli, why play him the final 4 games.  What is there to gain?

Jones is a less experienced Eli Manning with more athleticism.  He's a rookie.  Eli never missed a game, ever (until a coach benched him ruining his games started streak). Daniel will do well to be as durable as he adapts to the speed and learns his game.  We'll know what type a QB he'll be in year 3.

Eli wouldn’t have made that play to score that Jones just made. There’s still the possibility of this being Brock Ossweiler II but for now Jones is the man in NY. 

Do ya’ll know why TB lost that game at the end though? The ball by Jameis was underthrown. It should have been in walk in TD. Nobody thought anything of it because surely they would make the FG right? Lol!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Eli wouldn’t have made that play to score that Jones just made. There’s still the possibility of this being Brock Ossweiler II but for now Jones is the man in NY. 

Do ya’ll know why TB lost that game at the end though? The ball by Jameis was underthrown. It should have been in walk in TD. Nobody thought anything of it because surely they would make the FG right? Lol!

TB was holding all day.  Even the last drive I saw two G-Men whipped around or thrown to the ground.  Horrible no-calls.  Oh well, G-Men win so I'm happy.  The kid looked pretty good today.

Made pretty good decisions.  He has to learn to get better with his pocket presence, but he can toss a good ball.

Also, remember he did a lot without Saquan.

17 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

TB was holding all day.  Even the last drive I saw two G-Men whipped around or thrown to the ground.  Horrible no-calls.  Oh well, G-Men win so I'm happy.  The kid looked pretty good today.

Made pretty good decisions.  He has to learn to get better with his pocket presence, but he can toss a good ball. Also, remember he did a lot without Saquan.

Yeah, I liked how evasive he was sometimes in the pocket before resetting for throws, but whenever the coverage down the field was good, he held on to the ball for too long, that is a no no in this league.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, I liked how evasive he was sometimes in the pocket before resetting for throws, but whenever the coverage down the field was good, he held on to the ball for too long, that is a no no in this league.

Yeah, agree.  Hopefully he'll ascend to the speed at this level quickly.  If that line can give him a bit of time he may be able to progress.

With Philly racking up the injuries I could see the Giants possibly challenging them for 2nd place - if Jones can continue to get better.  Wouldn't that be a story...