Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Stephen

Brissett versus matt ryan.

Recommended Posts

I don't think it would be impossible to double Julio.  We've got enough DBs to deal with Ridley and Sanu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is going to be an important Malik Hooker game. Ryan is going to take shots down the field and he’s been interception prone so far this year. Hooker over the top is going to be important to limiting Julio and go.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this game is about hometown pressure. Ryan needs to feel uncomfortable in this game. I see us dialing up the most pressure of the season so far. 

 

If the team can reduce drive killing penalties and not lose the TO battle, we could move to 2-1.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I didn’t make Peru ‘98

I blew it off, and will forever be known as the "Peruvian Flake". 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts are currently favored by 3.   

Hope that 3 doesn't have to come from Adam.   :funny:

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game, on defense at least, is gonna ride on us being able to get pressure on Ryan. I don't really like our matchup with the Falcons WR's especially without Desir potentially. Hooker's gonna have to have himself a game.

We should be able to get pressure though. Ryan likes to hold onto the ball and the Falcons OL has been underwhelming.

Also, the Falcons defense looked legit on SNF as well. Could be a tough day for Brissett if he's holding onto the ball as long as he was against the Titans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Myles said:

Colts are currently favored by 3.   

Hope that 3 doesn't have to come from Adam.   :funny:

Basically given the homefield advantage. That is still good to be favored without luck.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

This game, on defense at least, is gonna ride on us being able to get pressure on Ryan. I don't really like our matchup with the Falcons WR's especially without Desir potentially. Hooker's gonna have to have himself a game.

We should be able to get pressure though. Ryan likes to hold onto the ball and the Falcons OL has been underwhelming.

Also, the Falcons defense looked legit on SNF as well. Could be a tough day for Brissett if he's holding onto the ball as long as he was against the Titans.

I don’t know about their defense. Cousin only threw for 8/10 passes. They really didn’t test them.

There oline is banged up so it will come down to pressure on Ryan. Turay said on his IG that he should be able to play Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Myles said:

Colts are currently favored by 3.   

Hope that 3 doesn't have to come from Adam.   :funny:

 

Thats a lot of respect for the Colts...especially after they put JAC as 6.5 point favorites against the team IND just beat.

 

That JAC line looks like easy money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

Thats a lot of respect for the Colts...especially after they put JAC as 6.5 point favorites against the team IND just beat.

 

That JAC line looks like easy money.

 

Seriously??? Yes, that is easy money.

 

I checked, it is 1.5 point favorites now, Vegas is too smart to give you easy money. :) 

 

Chiefs are 5.5 point favorites at home? Is that correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know about their defense. Cousin only threw for 8/10 passes. They really didn’t test them.

There oline is banged up so it will come down to pressure on Ryan. Turay said on his IG that he should be able to play Sunday.


I don't think their defense is elite or anything but it's solid. They were getting good pressure on Wentz. Dalvin ran all over them but then they held the Eagles to <50 yards combined rushing. Plus, they were just making consistently crushing tackles on SNF, quite a sight to see actually. They were intimidating.

Their DB's aren't as good as the Titans though, so hopefully our WR's are able to get open and Brissett is a little quicker to get the ball out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

Thats a lot of respect for the Colts...

 

I expected to see the Falcons favored.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

Thats a lot of respect for the Colts...especially after they put JAC as 6.5 point favorites against the team IND just beat.

 

That JAC line looks like easy money.

That is crazy. The fact they held the Texans to 13 I think they can beat the titans at home.  We need to win Sunday because there is a big chance the Texans and titans both lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:


I don't think their defense is elite or anything but it's solid. They were getting good pressure on Wentz. Dalvin ran all over them but then they held the Eagles to <50 yards combined rushing. Plus, they were just making consistently crushing tackles on SNF, quite a sight to see actually. They were intimidating.

Their DB's aren't as good as the Titans though, so hopefully our WR's are able to get open and Brissett is a little quicker to get the ball out.

The eagles also lost a few players in that game including Jeffries and another WR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Atlanta has a run defense we can exspose

We all thought the same thing in KC last year for the playoff game and we couldn’t run anywhere. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jdubu said:

We all thought the same thing in KC last year for the playoff game and we couldn’t run anywhere. 

To be fair Reich panicked after we got down by one score. Wonder what would of happened if we had kept pounding it. I was impressed that he stuck to the run game in LA being down 15 pts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

We all thought the same thing in KC last year for the playoff game and we couldn’t run anywhere. 

In my opinion we ran out of gas in that Game ,to get to that point after a 1-5 start .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was glad to see Ridley’s name finally mentioned. He’s a serious scoring threat. I get the feeling that Rock & Kenny gonna have to try & deal with him.  That’s gonna be the key matchup. And I think Hooker is gonna have to be the STAR of the game because the Falcons will take deep shots. He may have a chance at a couple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The eagles also lost a few players in that game including Jeffries and another WR. 


Yup, the Eagles were down guys but I don't hold that against the Falcons. They also got put in bad field position all night and mostly held strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

In my opinion we ran out of gas in that Game ,to get to that point after a 1-5 start .

I actually see it as the weather conditions made it easy for the Chiefs to duplicate that Jags blueprint & our offense could never get on track.  Each game in a season is who you are.  Us at our worst reared it’s ugly head in the playoffs.  I think that’s why Frank wants to be so run oriented.  

 

He wants us to have the mentality that we’re running it down your throat regardless of quarter, field position, weather conditions, it doesn’t matter.  We had a chance (which was honestly a miracle) to get back into the KC game after Leonard caused the fumble.  Instead of pounding the rock & imposing our will we turned it right back over.  This year will be different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

I actually see it as the weather conditions made it easy for the Chiefs to duplicate that Jags blueprint & our offense could never get on track.  Each game in a season is who you are.  Us at our worst reared it’s ugly head in the playoffs.  I think that’s why Frank wants to be so run oriented.  

 

He wants us to have the mentality that we’re running it down your throat regardless of quarter, field position, weather conditions, it doesn’t matter.  We had a chance (which was honestly a miracle) to get back into the KC game after Leonard caused the fumble.  Instead of pounding the rock & imposing our will we turned it right back over.  This year will be different. 

I can dig that 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something to think about as much as we are running the ball and how well it’s going to eventually open up the pass game. TY said that today.  I love that Reich took that shot downfield right after that Ebron catch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

In my opinion we ran out of gas in that Game ,to get to that point after a 1-5 start .

It’s certainly not out of the question 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'd imagine they will try to get him on Glow more but if we can get the ground game rolling it should slow down this interior rush a bit.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Grady Jarrett vs Quenton Nelson is the one I want to see

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alan Bailey gave us trouble in that Chiefs game.   He's with the Falcons now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan is not elusive like Mariota. If we got four sacks on Mariota I would hope that we could get that on Ryan. 

 

Siriani also mentioned today they are just taking what the defense gives them as far as the run pass yards. We will see if we get more pass yards this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shastamasta said:

 

How do people forget about Ridley? He’s a stud.

Good point.

Well I’m out of ideas, maybe let Nelson just pile drive them all at the beginning of the game

:thinking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, colt18 said:

Like someone else said, the Falcons are very capable of putting up points. Even tho Ryan has been underwhelming he is still a former MVP. Hopefully Darius Leonard plays next week, or else it will be a long day for us on defense. Reich is going to have to gamplan the offense to run the ball and control clock.

 

Brissett should be able to hold his own on offense, we just need him to manage the game and make a few smart decisions.

U over valuing Leonard's value to the  D at this time.   I wouldnt b surprised if one of the rookies plays and they come out looking better. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ryan is not elusive like Mariota. If we got four sacks on Mariota I would hope that we could get that on Ryan. 

 

Siriani also mentioned today they are just taking what the defense gives them as far as the run pass yards. We will see if we get more pass yards this week.

Hoping Turay can go this week. He was an absolute nightmare for the Chargers to deal with week 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

I want to see a win. 

Obviously I want a win, but I want to see Brissett be the reason for it. I want to see that he doesn't shrink in big moments. Yes, he's played well in both outings so far, but I would like to see if he can take over a game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Hoping Turay can go this week. He was an absolute nightmare for the Chargers to deal with week 1. 

He said on his IG he should be ready. I more concerned with Desir then Leonard because of their WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Myles said:

Colts are currently favored by 3.   

Hope that 3 doesn't have to come from Adam.   :funny:

I didn't know whether I should laugh'moji or cry'moji......ultimately I chose cry.....its too real.  You should be applauded tho, made me think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He said on his IG he should be ready. I more concerned with Desir then Leonard because of their WR.

I don't think he has an instagram account, does he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Obviously I want a win, but I want to see Brissett be the reason for it. I want to see that he doesn't shrink in big moments. Yes, he's played well in both outings so far, but I would like to see if he can take over a game.

I want to see a win.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems like good news for sheard and Desir. They are only doing a up tempo walk through because of the heat they played in the last couple of games. Mack was also seen carrying a walking boot. That seems kind of odd. Lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Agreed! It only takes one *. To clarify, it was a Police Officer, not a Security Guard.   Personally, I thought the Officer was extremely intelligent handling the situation. His “situational awareness” was top notch, being surrounded by a bunch of reporters, cameras and players looking up to a guy who just distributed Benjamin’s.  It was not in his best interest to arrest OBJ at that moment.    Being a Cop is difficult, everyone has a camera and it only takes a few seconds of a 2 minute video to paint the wrong picture, depending on the motivation.   Looking at the diverse opinions here, it’s easy at least for me to see, that the Police Officer was extremely professional handling this the way he did.  If, this had of been a female Cop or two civilians in the work place, I’m certain the conversation would be somewhat different. And it’s very unfortunate that we can’t all find common ground on what is appropriate or inappropriate.     Unfortunately, not everyone likes the Cops, including some that posted in this thread.    @csmopar Just a having fun with you nothing personal.  Apologies        
    • Mmmhmm. I was deathly afraid of the Chargers that year. I was so relived to see the Pats. And my what a shock to say, but we had beaten them 2 times straight and I felt Peyton finally got the monkey off his back. Plus that was first time we were getting the Patriots at home in a while. 
    • Reader, Armistead, or Byron Jones might make sense.  Getting two of them could be a coup for our defense.  Them wanting to play here is the concern though. 
    • Nice discussions everyone. I for one am not going to get riled up one way or the other. After watching the UCLA and Oregon State tape for Gordon, I found several questionable throws that defenders dropped INTs on that I felt would have been a death sentence in the NFL but then he also threw 9 TDs and did very well vs zone coverage.  Some say he can be coached out of playing hero ball or throwing bad ones into traffic, I am leery about it. One can say the same about selective tape for Jordan Love as well. The guys in charge, I am sure they watch more than 1 game tape or just highlight reels, or just get enamored with 1 year numbers, I will be happy with whatever they decide. I like Gordon as well but I like Love a little more, for the record. Both will have to be coached out of certain tendencies, IMO.   Hey, the first pick in the 1998 draft threw 28 INTs, and thankfully Jameis Winston broke that with 30 INTs this year.   The 6th pick in the 2019 draft (Daniel Jones) was a turnover machine as well. So, even the highest rated QB, who likely will be going to an inferior team will feel the pressure and will make mistakes. Guys like Mahomes, they do not come around often, but you don't want to miss out on someone that has close to his upside either. No matter who we draft at QB, we anticipate him sitting for a year to work out his flaws. Even Mahomes had to sit out a year. The Chiefs had the luxury, we have the same as well, IMO.    All I do not care for is a WR at No.13 because that will not give us good bang for the draft position in a deep WR class, and I elaborated my case in another thread.
    • The reason I compare him to Brissett when talking about him is because the similarities with their passing games are striking and it's easy to illustrate a point when people would know exactly what I'm talking about with Hurts' game when I say he has trouble going through progressions and gets stuck on primary read and drops his eyes sometimes too soon and leaves the pocket to run. His weaknesses in the passing game mirror those of Brissett pretty closely and people would know what I mean because they've seen it for two seasons now with Brissett.    IMO he's not good enough of a passer/processor of the game to be a traditional pocket passer in the league and when he leaves the pocket he's doing it to run rather than to make plays with the pass. His athleticism is much better than Brissett's though and IMO this is the way he should be used - in a Lamar Jackson type of offense - where the offense is built around the QB's ability and threat to run the ball. The problem is - I don't think he's nearly as athletic and elusive as Lamar and he takes some brutal hits regularly on his runs. IMO whoever drafts him needs to build their whole offense around his running and hope to god he doesn't get injured.   I'm just not willing to make that bet. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...