Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Stephen

Brissett versus matt ryan.

Recommended Posts

Matt ryan has 5 tds and 5 ints while throwing for over 300 yards two weeks in a row. Brissett  has 5 tds 1 int while throwing under 200 yards two weeks in a row. Brissetts QB rating  is currently  higher than Luck's was last year despite less yards.

If the trend continues  for matt ryan he will thr oh w for as many ints as tds against  US which I'm hoping  for as it will make it easier  to win.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to see us put up points. I want to see Reich open the playbook for Brissett. I'm all for having a top 5 rushing team, but at some point, you have to move the ball through the air.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlanta is currently 3rd in total defense. Giving up 167 YPG passing. Should be a good test for the Colts offense. Looking forward to Sunday. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Atlanta is currently 3rd in total defense. Giving up 167 YPG passing. Should be a good test for the Colts offense. Looking forward to Sunday. 

 

That’s about how many yards we pass for per game so seems a a good matchup....

 

 

I didn’t make Peru ‘98

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game scares me a little because Atlanta is a Jekyll/Hyde team. They are capable of putting up a lot of points. Matt Ryan is good, he is better than Mariota. We need to run the ball well and control TOP against them.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you see both on the field at the same time, competing head to head, we may have bigger problems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

If you see both on the field at the same time, competing head to head, we may have bigger problems

 

No worries. They are scheduled to go head to head in a CAGE MATCH immediately following the game on FOX

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more interested on who will be on Julio now that Desir is out. 

 

I'm guessing they'll roll double coverage to him, but Colts fans might be in for a long day. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Matt ryan has 5 tds and 5 ints while throwing for over 300 yards two weeks in a row. Brissett  has 5 tds 1 int while throwing under 200 yards two weeks in a row. Brissetts QB rating  is currently  higher than Luck's was last year despite less yards.

If the trend continues  for matt ryan he will thr oh w for as many ints as tds against  US which I'm hoping  for as it will make it easier  to win.

 

We're going to need takeaways to have much of a chance I'm afraid.  

 

Especially if Leonard is out with a concussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm more interested on who will be on Julio now that Desir is out. 

 

I'm guessing they'll roll double coverage to him, but Colts fans might be in for a long day. 

I'm putting Quincy on him no question I feel more confident with rock covering sanu than Wilson maybe shadow a safety on that side but I think Quincy can have a good game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

I want to see us put up points. I want to see Reich open the playbook for Brissett. I'm all for having a top 5 rushing team, but at some point, you have to move the ball through the air.

I want to see a win. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

 

We're going to need takeaways to have much of a chance I'm afraid.  

 

Especially if Leonard is out with a concussion. 

Walker will ball out if Leonard isn't in the lineup 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm more interested on who will be on Julio now that Desir is out. 

 

I'm guessing they'll roll double coverage to him, but Colts fans might be in for a long day. 

I agree

 

But........ for all the back and forth, the Falcons didnt score 30 points

 

With a zone we can contain the talent on the Falcons.

 

However, from the zone, we DO need to stop their run

 

I think we win this one

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

 

No worries. They are scheduled to go head to head in a CAGE MATCH immediately following the game on FOX

 

Side note: I often look at your posts and think you avatar matches them perfectly :P 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

I'm putting Quincy on him no question I feel more confident with rock covering sanu than Wilson maybe shadow a safety on that side but I think Quincy can have a good game 

 

I hope he does well, because Wilson being so inconsistent drives me insane.

 

I do think the team will roll coverage Julio's way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I agree

 

But........ for all the back and forth, the Falcons didnt score 30 points

 

With a zone we can contain the talent on the Falcons.

 

However, from the zone, we DO need to stop their run

 

I think we win this one

 

I'm not as worried (although there are some concerns) about the running game but the fact they like to throw to Freeman and Smith, both of whom are good after the catch is where I think they will attack the Colts. Also teams have learned to not run counter plays to DL's side, both Chargers and Titans had success running the counter players away from DL and I see the Falcons doing much of the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm more interested on who will be on Julio now that Desir is out. 

 

I'm guessing they'll roll double coverage to him, but Colts fans might be in for a long day. 

Jalen Ramsey. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Jalen Ramsey. 

I wish but I wouldve rather had minkah younger and isn't a problem off the field

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

 

I hope he does well, because Wilson being so inconsistent drives me insane.

 

I do think the team will roll coverage Julio's way.

I hope the Colts do what other good DCs have done.  Rather than putting your best CB on the other teams best WR, you put your best corner on the other team's #2 WR and the bracket the #1 WR with a CB and safety.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

Walker will ball out if Leonard isn't in the lineup 

Maybe we throw EJ Speed out there he is on the depth chart as the backup Will LB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I hope the Colts do what other good DCs have done.  Rather than putting your best CB on the other teams best WR, you put your best corner on the other team's #2 WR and the bracket the #1 WR with a CB and safety.

 

I see you've been to the BB school of defense. Ironically it's also how teams started to try and shut down Gronk. 

 

Nice little article on it, true he didn't have other receiving threats on the same level as the Falcons:

 

https://www.clnsmedia.com/how-teams-defend-patriots-tight-end-rob-gronkowski/

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the article.  I look forward to reading it.

30 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

I see you've been to the BB school of defense. Ironically it's also how teams started to try and shut down Gronk. 

 

Nice little article on it, true he didn't have other receiving threats on the same level as the Falcons:

 

https://www.clnsmedia.com/how-teams-defend-patriots-tight-end-rob-gronkowski/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lance_m8 said:

I wish but I wouldve rather had minkah younger and isn't a problem off the field

Ramsey's acting out because he wants to be on a competitive team and the Jags are terrible right now.  He's not happy because he's not in a position to accomplish anything in Jacksonville.

 

I think if he was on a contender, he'd fall into line for the most part, other than a bit of Twitter smack talk like he always does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MPStack said:

Atlanta is currently 3rd in total defense. Giving up 167 YPG passing. Should be a good test for the Colts offense. Looking forward to Sunday. 

This stat is deceiving. The Vikings ran the ball so well cousins only threw for 98 yards the first game. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lance_m8 said:

I'm putting Quincy on him no question I feel more confident with rock covering sanu than Wilson maybe shadow a safety on that side but I think Quincy can have a good game 

Honestly might wanna double Julio. Sanu is good, but Jones is HoF. Jones will tear us apart if we put Wilson or Rock on him.

If we out both on him though, maybe we’d have a shot at limiting him from 300 yds to 200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's gonna be more important to keep Ryan off balance.  He's the centerpiece of the Falcons and the Falcons offensive line is less than great.  We ought to be able to get some pressure, and Ryan tends to make mental mistakes when pressured.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like someone else said, the Falcons are very capable of putting up points. Even tho Ryan has been underwhelming he is still a former MVP. Hopefully Darius Leonard plays next week, or else it will be a long day for us on defense. Reich is going to have to gamplan the offense to run the ball and control clock.

 

Brissett should be able to hold his own on offense, we just need him to manage the game and make a few smart decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This stat is deceiving. The Vikings ran the ball so well cousins only threw for 98 yards the first game. 

Yea prob ground and pound with 140 yards passing  for Brissett 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am worried about the defense more then the offense. Especially if Leonard and Desir miss the game. The falcons oline does have injuries so we need to pressure Ryan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Running the football will probably be our strategy versus the Falcons also.  Looking at how Minnesota dealt with them.  Falcons have a pretty good pass rush so we'll want to stay away from that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am worried about the defense more then the offense. Especially if Leonard and Desir miss the game. The falcons oline does have injuries so we need to pressure Ryan.

Quincy and Rock should do just fine filling in for Desir.  They'll probably call up Jalen Collins from the PS also maybe.   D will be fine, Julio is the main issue with that offense.  I don't think they will run for  much yardage on us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridley is a pretty good receiver as well. Fast and can run routes pretty well. Scored 10 TDS last year and has 2 so far this year. Falcons will also run a lot of receiver screens. I don’t think doubling Julio would work with Ridley and Sanu 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This stat is deceiving. The Vikings ran the ball so well cousins only threw for 98 yards the first game. 

 

Yep, expect JB to have a field day with the Atlanta defense. He’s due for one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Honestly might wanna double Julio. Sanu is good, but Jones is HoF. Jones will tear us apart if we put Wilson or Rock on him.

If we out both on him though, maybe we’d have a shot at limiting him from 300 yds to 200

 

How do people forget about Ridley? He’s a stud.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

How do people forget about Ridley? He’s a stud.


Yeah, I guess some people didn't watch SNF this week. But seriously, he looks really good. Julio and Ridley, and Hooper for that matter, will be a handful in the passing game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Actually those are all short heights for the average NFL reciever. I think I said a bigger possession reciever. Something more like 6'4 6'5. I guess Pascal is average height. I want that guy with a huge catch radius who can go up and bring down those high 50/50 throws. Dont get me wrong we have good talent but height insnt coachable. If you find TY talent that is 6'4 you take it over 5'9.
    • I think it doesn´t matter which Qb (IF at all)  you take at 15 (or 14 or16...),he should sit a year and learn anyway. So it wouldn´t be really a loss to start him in his 2nd year.
    • I thought we’d go 8-8 or 9-7 with JB, the rooks, turmoil of losing a franchise QB. we’re not that far off, even with all the injuries.  Which were many.   I was hoping we’d squeak in the playoffs.   I also thought Frank wanted an offense that put pressure on the D.  I really didnt see the creativity i did last year.  Not gimmicks, But creativity in formations and playcalling.  Perhaps it was due to our losses at WR and TE.  I also was confused by our bi-polar personality when it comes to risk and being aggressive.   I dont think the sky is falling (long-term), but some changes, and perhaps tweaks, are necessary.
    • I did that already either you understand it or you don't 
    • We currently have pick 15--if Tua is still available, would you take a punt and pick him, with the thought he would miss his rookie season?
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...